Home

More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details

This is a discussion on More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-02-2016, 04:17 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details

All I hope is that teammate AI is greatly improved. Nothing will make me quit playing this mode quicker then joining up with a Westbrook or Harden and all of a sudden they play timid don't take shots and are incapable of creating their own offense and have to be spoon fed buckets by the user. Or the inability to play as a #2 guy on a team to another superstar or the fact that you cant be a role player like Steve Kerr or be a player like Robert Horry. Not everyone wants to be a superstar of the team averaging 30-10-10 I would love to have just a spot up shooter player. But unfortunatly your team will lose if you dont force yourself to play like a superstar and the reason for this is because all of your teammates play like a dumbed down version of themselves. But strangely enough opposing AI plays like their real counter part and players play like themselves in every other aspect of the game EXCEPT when they are your teammates in MyCareer.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:34 PM   #58
Rookie

Perry_West's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleev
All I hope is that teammate AI is greatly improved. Nothing will make me quit playing this mode quicker then joining up with a Westbrook or Harden and all of a sudden they play timid don't take shots and are incapable of creating their own offense and have to be spoon fed buckets by the user. Or the inability to play as a #2 guy on a team to another superstar or the fact that you cant be a role player like Steve Kerr or be a player like Robert Horry. Not everyone wants to be a superstar of the team averaging 30-10-10 I would love to have just a spot up shooter player. But unfortunatly your team will lose if you dont force yourself to play like a superstar and the reason for this is because all of your teammates play like a dumbed down version of themselves. But strangely enough opposing AI plays like their real counter part and players play like themselves in every other aspect of the game EXCEPT when they are your teammates in MyCareer.
This. Absolutely ruins it if this still occurs. Please no more Space Jam A.I. (my player joining somehow took all their powers) or "Hero Ball Is All" (you either do it all or lose) logic.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:45 PM   #59
Just started!

Am I the only who's still waiting on news about you playinng in the olympics in mycareer???
Old 09-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.cross.kings
Am I the only who's still waiting on news about you playinng in the olympics in mycareer???
You can play in team USA vs Australia as far as I saw in a stream on YouTube that had a user controlled created player. Pretty sure it was my career.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 08:01 PM   #61
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuwopGeezus
For me personally, I think the caps are a little too restrictive. I'm not saying that I want to be maxed out in every attribute. But take the sharpshooter example, in that archetype your defense is capped pretty low. I'd like to be able to exceed my defensive cap to become a really good defender as well. I think that makes sense especially with the "3&D" guys in the NBA. And I think there are other examples that would apply too.
There would be no point in archetypes then. Solid defender sure. Really God defender eh. Lockdown defender absolutely not. The thing is that sharpshooter in the game of basketball is one of the deadliest offensive weapons. I don't find it fair to for them to be great defenders. Offline sure - online no. If Lockdown defender can't shoot
from 3 - you shouldn't be able to defend at a similar level. Plus defense is much more IQ related than shooting. You can probably compensate for average defensive stats if you are smart. Same can't be said for shooting.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 08:05 PM   #62
Rookie

See, nobody has any clue the extent of the upgrades possible because nobody with any real knowledge is answering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosdef14
Using the point forward SF as an example, by "doin' work" can we raise our cap level from 15 to 25?
And to further this, if you're only rewarded increases via positive performance/work, once you've reached or purchased an attribute level higher than base archetype (25 3PT vs 15 3PT from example), can that ever be taken away for poor performance/lack of work?

I want to know, that if I choose a Point Forward SF, that I'm not stuck with an average 3PT rating and a horrible defense rating for LIFE!!! And by increasing that category, can I max it to 25 and keep it at 25?

Is giving us the total maximum number of potential attribute points an option????

*Caveat, I know there will be a limit to the exact amount of upgrades you can achieve and have to determine which areas to place them. My question is, ensuring you get to CHOOSE the EXACT category you want to place that upgrade and that it is possible to max out.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:28 PM   #63
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
It all sounds pretty good but I am disappointed you can't pick Kentucky as a school
Old 09-02-2016, 08:38 PM   #64
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
It all sounds pretty good but I am disappointed you can't pick Kentucky as a school
True, but at least you get a pre-built expansion team (the Louisville Liberty).

Reportedly 2K wanted to name it the Kentucky Colonels, after that old ABA team, but legal shot that down.
Same color scheme, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »