Home

More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details

This is a discussion on More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-02-2016, 12:06 PM   #25
Rookie

LakerPride's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
So playing basketball on a basketball game bores you? Hmm, interesting...
No, just endlessly playing games with nothing to work toward is boring. I'm offline player so I like see improvements like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 12:06 PM   #26
Rookie

Using the point forward SF as an example, by "doin' work" can we raise or cap level from 15 to 25?
Old 09-02-2016, 12:15 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 13

Interesting...youtubers who like to constantly restart to get the highest draft place (naming no names) will have their skills exposed for the prelude lol.

If they stink it up they can't change it. Love it!
Old 09-02-2016, 12:17 PM   #28
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Answers in bold...

1) Most importantly, how is the playcalling system in MyCareer games? The playcalling really took a step back in 2k16. Will it be more like 2k15 where they called specific plays, more variety of plays, calling plays for the hot man, etc.?? Please say yes
If it incorporates the changes they made to MyGM and MyLeague, absolutely. It's incredibly deep.

2) The wear and tear/fatigue system that Mike mentioned in gameplay, does that apply to MyCareer as well? If so, do certain attributes like weight and strength or certain badges influence that? Can you get hurt in game? Does your coach not play you for the full game now?
I would hope so, but again speculating. The fact that you can lift weights etc. seems to think this would be fully integrated or at least improved. I also wasn't aware of your guy never getting hurt last year as admittedly I didn't make it too far in that mode.

3) I see you said we can get to a 99. Does that mean we can potentially exceed some of the caps in the archetype we pick? If so this is huge because I feel the archetypes looked to restrictive but I feel you should be able to exceed them if you really put in the work. It shouldn't be easy of course. And your development should depend on all things you do in practice and in game like how consistent are your shot releases, drills, etc. Based on what you said Mike it sounds like this is in the game.
Yes, you can exceed. This is the concept of "Doin' Work."

4) Will it be easier to sim through seasons without missing off days? Last year if we simmed the game before an off day we couldn't participate in the off day immediately following the game that we simmed. So it was either play the game or miss a practice. I thought this was unnecessarily penalizing people that want to get through their career fast. I want to actually finish a full 15-20 year career this year but things like that made it difficult. Please tell me that's changed.
This was not discussed one way or another.

I'm curious to know the reason behind allowing people to exceed the cap. So are you telling me a sharpshooter at some point in time can become a dunker also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 12:18 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosdef14
Using the point forward SF as an example, by "doin' work" can we raise or cap level from 15 to 25?
Our* I'm an idiot and can't use grammar.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:27 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Answers in bold...

1) Most importantly, how is the playcalling system in MyCareer games? The playcalling really took a step back in 2k16. Will it be more like 2k15 where they called specific plays, more variety of plays, calling plays for the hot man, etc.?? Please say yes
If it incorporates the changes they made to MyGM and MyLeague, absolutely. It's incredibly deep.

2) The wear and tear/fatigue system that Mike mentioned in gameplay, does that apply to MyCareer as well? If so, do certain attributes like weight and strength or certain badges influence that? Can you get hurt in game? Does your coach not play you for the full game now?
I would hope so, but again speculating. The fact that you can lift weights etc. seems to think this would be fully integrated or at least improved. I also wasn't aware of your guy never getting hurt last year as admittedly I didn't make it too far in that mode.

3) I see you said we can get to a 99. Does that mean we can potentially exceed some of the caps in the archetype we pick? If so this is huge because I feel the archetypes looked to restrictive but I feel you should be able to exceed them if you really put in the work. It shouldn't be easy of course. And your development should depend on all things you do in practice and in game like how consistent are your shot releases, drills, etc. Based on what you said Mike it sounds like this is in the game.
Yes, you can exceed. This is the concept of "Doin' Work."

4) Will it be easier to sim through seasons without missing off days? Last year if we simmed the game before an off day we couldn't participate in the off day immediately following the game that we simmed. So it was either play the game or miss a practice. I thought this was unnecessarily penalizing people that want to get through their career fast. I want to actually finish a full 15-20 year career this year but things like that made it difficult. Please tell me that's changed.
This was not discussed one way or another.
Thanks so much for answering my questions Mike. Some good news for sure!
Old 09-02-2016, 12:32 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
I'm curious to know the reason behind allowing people to exceed the cap. So are you telling me a sharpshooter at some point in time can become a dunker also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For me personally, I think the caps are a little too restrictive. I'm not saying that I want to be maxed out in every attribute. But take the sharpshooter example, in that archetype your defense is capped pretty low. I'd like to be able to exceed my defensive cap to become a really good defender as well. I think that makes sense especially with the "3&D" guys in the NBA. And I think there are other examples that would apply too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 12:34 PM   #32
Rookie

Finepanther's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuwopGeezus
Thanks so much for answering my questions Mike. Some good news for sure!
Dev says you can't exceed it. Zach Timmerman is a dev, he said on Twitter that can't exceed them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »