Home

F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

This is a discussion on F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-02-2016, 04:39 AM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

Well, I just dropped full price on a Formula One game for the first time in my life. It's also the first F1 game I've played in fifteen years.

I hope I don't end up regretting this!
Old 09-02-2016, 08:07 AM   #114
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser G.
Well, I just dropped full price on a Formula One game for the first time in my life. It's also the first F1 game I've played in fifteen years.

I hope I don't end up regretting this!
It's worth every penny this year.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:31 AM   #115
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
It's worth every penny this year.

Agreed. It's a fantastic game. This is coming from someone who doesn't really follow the sport either. Like, I have a clue, I watch parts of races here and there, but I'm not a hardcore fan, but I know enough to get by and know what I'm doing. However, that being said, this is just a fun, fun racing game. It plays good, looks great, It's just a blast. The changing grip and performance levels amongst team cars that you can feel, is awesome. Loss of grip getting outside of the racing line in turns... awesome. Grip changes if you get the tires dirty... awesome. Rain racing visuals, and handling changes... awesome. It's just... so well done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 03:10 PM   #116
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

Ok man I am tearing up Bahrain. Finished Practice 2 with all purple in Tire Test and Qualifying Practice!

Somehow right at the end of lap 1 in Qualifying Practice I just found a groove that worked so well. I ended up posting the fastest lap of the session and had a pole time until I got popped into second. I am racing for Sauber at Medium with a controller and all aid off except TC at the lowest setting and I ran a 1:39.4 on super soft tires. Man it was so beautiful when it all clicked like that. As much as I struggled last race, I am not struggling at the moment.

Man I love this game.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:29 PM   #117
Rookie

I was do proud to have Q 4th for Monaco, and worked my way to second on lap 17 of 39. Playing 50% races. Hurricane Hermine is pushing through NC coast and at lap 19, the power goes out. 😭😭 Now I will have to star over. Monaco is such a cruel design. I was just starting to get comfortable around the track and "poof", out go the lights. SmH.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 05:58 PM   #118
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

Hey guys quick little survey here.

Since F1 now has an extended career mode, would you all like a stickied career mode thread where we could post stats, thoughts and our individual results of our careers?

If so just post a "like" on this post and I will get one up if enough people are interested.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:05 AM   #119
Rookie

So, I've been addicted to the game since I got my hands on it yesterday.

I was AWFUL for the first few hours. Finally, I got to a point where I felt I had enough skill to maneuver the track successfully (No assists aside from full traction control).

In career, I picked Renault. Went through all the practices, destroying my tires in the process. I still haven't got the hang of delicate cornering! Qualified in 6th for the Australia GP in heavy rain. Good start.

The rain clears up for raceday, and I go with two stops for my race strategy due to my nature of ripping up my tires. First pit stop - I drop from 7th to 20th. I make up the places back to 9th, but then my next pit stop puts me back in 21st. AND, I get a speeding penalty for entering the pits too fast.

Then, my entire race falls apart. I come out the pits and collide with Ricciardo, damaging my front wing. I'm told that I need to re-enter the pits, change my strategy AND serve my 3-second penalty.

I'm in 20th, and I enter the pits, presumably to sort out my front wing. No - this is just to serve that damn penalty. So, now I'm 22nd, and not even close to the pack. To make it worse, I need to re-enter the pits on the next lap to finally sort out my front wing.

Ultimately, I finish in 21st (Raikonnen crashed out), way behind the pack. My racing skills are definitely much improved, but it's all the extra management stuff that's holding me back. I'm still really enjoying trying to get my head around the strategy side of things, though. I didn't actually feel too angry or aggrieved at finishing where I did - I just wanted to learn from those mistakes.

This game is damn good. I spent the best part of two/three hours yesterday doing practice runs on one track without even getting remotely bored. As someone who suffers with a short attention span, that's really weird for me.

Last edited by Fraser G.; 09-03-2016 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:21 AM   #120
Rookie

Finished 5th at Monaco. Made it up to second, one stop strategy, came out 8th and climbed to 5th. That finish felt better than any win on any track on any other racing game. Monaco is SO brutal. You have to be so precise on every corner, and even down the strait aways because it's so narrow. Passing is almost impossible. I had so much fun, but I was worn out by the time my 39 laps (50%)were complete. It was a nice accomplishment to see my improvement from practice session 1 where I couldn't break the top 15, to qualifying and finishing strong. Hamilton finished about 49 seconds ahead for the win, but I was just ecstatic to finish at all. This game is SO good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »