Home

F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

This is a discussion on F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2016, 10:08 AM   #105
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

Hi all:

I am playing 25 percent races in Quick Race on the Xbox One with full flag and Parc Ferme rules, and I'm seeing no option for DRS during qualifying or after lap two in dry conditions of the race. The engineer tells me it's enabled, but there is no on-screen prompt, and hitting the Y button does nothing.

My son has DRS in his Career races.

Does anyone else see this problem? Did I get a badly coded disc? Any workarounds?

Thanks!

Last edited by pk500; 09-01-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 10:28 AM   #106
All Star

OVR: 20

Sorry, my lap count was incorrect. I'm right on the tail of the leading car in the zone, after the third lap in the dry, and still getting no DRS. And I'm getting none at any time in dry qualifying.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:08 AM   #107
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Gamefly just shipped this out. You fellas have certainly gotten me excited to play this one.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:46 PM   #108
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Sorry, my lap count was incorrect. I'm right on the tail of the leading car in the zone, after the third lap in the dry, and still getting no DRS. And I'm getting none at any time in dry qualifying.
Strange. I doubt it's anything to do with the disc. Just don't see how that's possible.

Also, it's not about how close you are to the car ahead in the DRS zone, I believe there's a spot prior to entering the DRS zone where the timing gap is "checked" that determines if you can enable it once the zone is reached. I could be wrong here though..

Be careful that you aren't trying to activate the DRS system prior to entering the zone. I think the color of the DRS bar changes to green when you have it active. Another way to check, push down on the right stick, it should reverse the camera angle and you should be able to see if the rear wing is opened or not.

Another thing, and I'm not sure this is an issue anymore, but in the past, I remember some teams did not have cars capable of the DRS system. At least then did a few years ago in this game. I don't think that's the case anymore, but just throwing that out there.

If all else fails, and you're worried about the install/disc. Uninstall, reinstall see if that changes. Or try and install with your sons disc and see if that helps. I'd be shocked if that's the issue though, but worth a try I guess.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:06 PM   #109
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Not sure about the console version but it is definitely there for the PC. The rule is that you have to be within one second of the car ahead to enable in the zones.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:47 PM   #110
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Just finished the first race of my career. What a glorious disaster. You know this is honestly the first time in a sports title I have actually really felt like a rookie in a "franchise " mode.

I am really falling hard into this game. Just finished open practice 1 at Bahrain and set all purple on the acclimation test.
Hopefully I will continue to tear this track up.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 09-01-2016 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:36 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Hi all:

I am playing 25 percent races in Quick Race on the Xbox One with full flag and Parc Ferme rules, and I'm seeing no option for DRS during qualifying or after lap two in dry conditions of the race. The engineer tells me it's enabled, but there is no on-screen prompt, and hitting the Y button does nothing.

My son has DRS in his Career races.

Does anyone else see this problem? Did I get a badly coded disc? Any workarounds?

Thanks!
Are you using cockpit view? If so, the only on screen prompt you will see is on the steering wheel itself, and it varies depending on which team you are driving for. For most, it is shown as 2 green lights on the far left of the shift indicator lights when DRS is available
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 12:06 AM   #112
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

had probably the best comeback I've ever had in a racing game in the Singapore GP.

Qualified pretty good in 7th, just ahead of my teammate Grojean in 9th.
race started in full wet condition, eliminated my strategy I had in Q2 to use Supersofts instead of UltraSofts.

got a decent start, but halfway through the first lap, got in a battle with Hamilton and I had to run off into one of the run off lanes to avoide crashing into the wall. had to reverse and turn around. needless to say, I was in 22nd in full wet conditions.

easily passed the back markers of Sauber and Renault(only teama in my career to not have any points at all). got up to 19th by lap 7. at lap 7, everyone went into the pits for Intermediate tires. I ended up coming out in 12 due to teams double stacking the pit. luckily for me Grojean was long gone from the pit box by the time I got there.

I was really quick in the intermediate tires, got up to 6th place, but about 4 seconds behind Grojean by lap 14. the rain was stopping and right before I passed the pit, my crew let me know that it was time to change tires.I was the first to pit, everyone behind me followed.

This allowed me to gain some time and ended up ahead of Grojean after he pitted the next lap. I pushed to try and catch up with Hamilton, but we were running about the same pace. Kimi had an issue, I closed from 13 seconds to 2.3 second beforre whatever his issue was went away. he started to pull away, but there was a crash and a safety car went out.

based on the pit delta, I knew i would come out of the pits no worse than 7th, so I pitted, took on Supersofts(everyone at the time was on soft to the end). after the fact, I should have put on Ultrasofts, but after the restart, I went from 7th, to 5th by the 2nd corner. caught Kimi and Hamilton before the end of the lap and got by them to get to 3rd.

the last 3 laps had me pushing, making fast lap after fast lap to try and catch Rosburg, got by him in Turn 1 on the last lap, just needed 1 more lap to get Vettel. Grojean finished 4th as he got by Hamilton on the last lap.

4th podium in a row, still missing the win. actually moved to 3rd in points over Rosberg and Kimi

College Football 25 Team Information Spreadsheet

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »