Home

PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo

This is a discussion on PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2016, 03:27 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo

Another year, another PES release. Those who were around to witness the "golden years" of the Pro Evolution Soccer (otherwise known as Winning Eleven) series will tell you that it was the best soccer game on the market at the time, masterfully capturing the spirit of the beautiful game.

It’s now 10 years later, and those same fans still use those Winning Eleven classics as a measuring stick for Konami's yearly releases. Last year's effort was a marked improvement over PES 2015, which itself had done an excellent job putting down the foundation for the future of the series with the incorporation of the Fox Engine.

Read More - PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo
Platform: PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 04:11 PM   #2
Rookie

milin's Arena

OVR: 2
Kevin, you should play on manual passing if you're complaining about pass assist on 1. Manual passing is really not that hard, and the game behaves differently when you're passing to space that is not possible with any assist level, and opens up a lot more variety. Even the CPU plays differently on defense when you play on manual because your passes are different and more random. Try it.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:23 PM   #3
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8
Preordered mine today. Still not happy and will never be with the refs and fouls, but I just do not see it being any better/more in FIFA17. It is enough for me to make the change back though as the movement and player individuality is so much better and reminds me of the PS2/3 days. Love the unpredictable shots by the AI and the physicality of play, especially in the air. Hope to see an option file for MLS made with the kits as I will do player edits myself if needed.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:02 PM   #4
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2
camera set to 7 0 10 manual passing and basic shooting gives a real footy experience.

end to end football isn't real
Old 09-01-2016, 06:58 AM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by milin
Kevin, you should play on manual passing if you're complaining about pass assist on 1. Manual passing is really not that hard, and the game behaves differently when you're passing to space that is not possible with any assist level, and opens up a lot more variety. Even the CPU plays differently on defense when you play on manual because your passes are different and more random. Try it.

Milin,

Oh I do play on manual passing BUT I'd still like to see the default settings represent more of a challenge when it comes to passing. If you play online you'll find a hard-time finding manual players unless you're playing vs a friend who you know uses it.

To me, manual passes unlocks some of the games subtleties and this year it's more refined IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 08:41 AM   #6
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by milin
I'm trying to switch to manual passing this year, as like many people, I find the Level 1 support to be a little too assisted. My problem is that to do so, I have to bump the CPU difficulty down a notch, which kinda sucks.

Hopefully I can get a little better and get back up to Top Player pretty soon. Right now I struggle to keep my passing % above 80 on manual, where the CPU is typically around 85.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:53 AM   #7
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I'm trying to switch to manual passing this year, as like many people, I find the Level 1 support to be a little too assisted. My problem is that to do so, I have to bump the CPU difficulty down a notch, which kinda sucks.

Hopefully I can get a little better and get back up to Top Player pretty soon. Right now I struggle to keep my passing % above 80 on manual, where the CPU is typically around 85.
What I usually do DBM is start off on Pro with Manual passing and when I feel like the game is getting too easy on that level I make the jump up. A LOT depends on what club you're using though. I tend to gravitate towards projects instead of using big established clubs.

In PES 2015 I used Clermont Foot in Ligue 2. They had 3 jerseys in the game, of them being pink, lol.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:47 AM   #8
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm not at home right now, but how do you switch to manual passing? I thought I looked all the settings, but obviously I didn't because I don't remember seeing that option. I'm still not very good, but I'd like to play the game at its best!

I know the FIFA 17 demo isn't out yet, but I played a little bit of the FIFA 16 demo last night around sessions with PES 2017. FIFA looks pretty good and will only look better this year, but PES plays so much smoother and feels so much more natural. It's going to be really tough for FIFA to top PES this year, but I'm still going to give the FIFA 17 demo a shot.

I played more last night than I have since the demo was released, and I finally started getting better. I moved the difficulty to Professional which was like going in with the sharks for me, but I actually won a game and had some really competitive games when I lost. I'm not very good obviously, but I started seeing improvement! I'm having a lot of fun with the demo, and there's no doubt the full game will be even better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »