Home

F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

This is a discussion on F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-28-2016, 10:20 AM   #89
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

On the PC I can view trophies. Don't see clean laps or any other user stats so it looks like it may not be in the game.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:20 PM   #90
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Just finished the Russian track in my career w/Haas. Actually comfortable enough now that I removed brake assist and increased AI difficulty to Medium, and may go up another notch directly.

I wanted to say again how amazing this game is. I bet the Codies forums are relatively sedate this year compared to previous years LOL.

Great job guys. Thanks for a fun and involving game, beautifully polished.

Only thing I might ask for is to have some incidents happen with the AI during my 25% races that bring out the Safety Car, as i have not seen it yet.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 08-28-2016, 09:30 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Just finished the Russian track in my career w/Haas. Actually comfortable enough now that I removed brake assist and increased AI difficulty to Medium, and may go up another notch directly.

I wanted to say again how amazing this game is. I bet the Codies forums are relatively sedate this year compared to previous years LOL.

Only thing I might ask for is to have some incidents happen with the AI during my 25% races that bring out the Safety Car, as i have not seen it yet.
I would HIGHLY recommend going to 50% races. I started my career with Haas today and in Australia I qualified 8th and right off the bat in a rainy race start we had the safety car out as Palmer & Ericsson got together badly. I had a HORRID start and dropped 6 places. Then I had to pit an extra time so I dropped to 18th fought my way back to 12th and the team objective was 12th for me. My engineer tells me we have enough fuel for 4 laps and we had 5 left. I thought with safety car I would have been ok but I wasn't. I dropped to 13th in the last corner as I ran out of fuel and costed barely to the line in 13th. What a fun race! Bump to 50% and use a mid race save if you need to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 12:31 AM   #92
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

About how many pit stops? 2?

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 08-29-2016, 07:59 AM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I had two choices for strategy, one or two stops. I was on a one stopper and then had to pit again. Most everyone else was on a one stopper.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:36 PM   #94
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
would depend on the track.
the race % scales tire wear automatically I believe.

some tracks you can do 1 stop(Australia for example). others, you would need 2-3 because the tracks just uses up more tires. I usually try for the 1-stopper if I qualified outside of the top 10, since you get the choice of your starting tires(although, this strategy didn't work for the Hungarian GP). if you qualify in top 10, you have to start on the tires you qualified fastest lap in Q2 with(or for short qualify, the set you posted your fastest time on).

this actually make the tire management practice R&D useful, if you run it on multiple sets of different compounds, you can get an idea of tire wear and how many stops you can do and how long the tires will be good for.

for safety car, make sure the option is turned on. I believe for some, it default to no safety car.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC),Soon to be College Football 25(XB)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-30-2016, 09:03 PM   #95
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

had mediocre qualifying for British and Hungarian GP, finished 6th and 8th in those races. I brought in 3 new upgrades for those races, it did help alot, the car just didn't seem to like those tracks. Grojean did very well, finish 5th in both races. Haas cars getting better.

then went to German GP, somehow ended up on the pole, just had an unbelievable lap to top the charts.

when it came to the race, me and Vettal both chose Soft tires in Q2, he qaulified 2nd. Vettel took the lead after lap 3, he never really looked back. He just had the best car out of everyone. I hung on to 2nd until the pitstop. came out 5-6th behind Vettel and some cars on Harder tires that ran longer on first stint. got by them really quick and put some distance between me and Riccardo who was in 3rd before the pitstops.

I was going to holding off to change into Supersoft for the last stop, but I notice Hamilton was coming fast and was within 20 seconds, so I pitted early and put on new Softs, time it perfect and came out right ahead. I hung on to get 2nd, Hamilton ended up pitting anyway, so I didn't have to, but wanted to make sure I came out in front of him.

Grojean Qualified 12th, but he finished strong and got 5th.

Belgium GP is next.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC),Soon to be College Football 25(XB)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 03:26 AM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Increase the damage from Full to Simulation, then you'll see the safety car and VSC

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »