Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2016, 01:26 PM   #337
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Spirits Translation forum is down for me, is this new haven't checked in a while?
Old 08-27-2016, 07:16 PM   #338
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Spirits Translation forum is down for me, is this new haven't checked in a while?

I tried getting to the site and only get a blank page. Didn't try the forum but I can't get the main page. Just get a white screen, no errors or anything.

Don't know when it happened but it was fine for me a couple days ago when I went in.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:14 PM   #339
Rookie

Oddly enough Power Pro translation is coming up so hopefully it is a short term thing. Looks like the same guys do both games.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:52 AM   #340
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I tried getting to the site and only get a blank page. Didn't try the forum but I can't get the main page. Just get a white screen, no errors or anything.

Don't know when it happened but it was fine for me a couple days ago when I went in.
I imagine you just need the link for your game 2010? Here it is.

http://www.spiritstranslation2010.com/
Old 08-28-2016, 09:13 PM   #341
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pourvision21
I imagine you just need the link for your game 2010? Here it is.

http://www.spiritstranslation2010.com/

Thanks. I had it saved and noticed it was still up so I was glad for that. Some things are missing (that's what I was using the main site for - I figure those things are still universal to any edition so they are on the main PYS site), but overall I can get the information (and google translate app fills in the rest )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 03:40 AM   #342
Rookie

Spirits Translation's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Just got my hands on PYS 2010.

Lost the first one 2-0 and then won 5-3, but my god I can't hit in this game.

I put it on the timing mode to be the most "Show-ish" and still struck out 13 times in the win.

Have to learn how to see the strike zone. Getting no walks is just rubbing me the wrong way. I put it on Hard- pitching. It was two aces (I had Darvish - forgot the opposing pitcher's name) so I'll say that was why. I only walked 1 batter myself. Gave up a 2-run bomb in the first then settled down.

Going to have to find a camera angle that works - that's one area I love The Show for...customizable views. I think I'll use the TV (set) view, that looks closest to the one I use in MLBTS.

I love the pitch speed, though. Suddenly, I'm not early on 97 MPH fastballs all game and no wiffleball curves and stuff . I can't wait to get good at hitting so I can crank it up.
I'll look into that website issue. Earning walks is not a problem with CPU pitching set to Hard minus. Condition (happy or sad face) plays a big part in that. In exhibition games you might be up against guys with good condition, but in season mode you'll face aging vets that come in all beat up and you can pound them or work them for walks.

The 2010 version (and most others) it's too easy to paint corners when pitching. What I do is set it so that I pick the pitch type & location and leave the CPU to determine release timing. We call that "1-button mode" in pitch settings. If you really want to be in charge of release then look at the pitchers hand instead of the shrinking balloon, you can still throw pretty well but you'll also toss up some farts.

And yes cursor hitting is the way to go, with no hit assist on the variety of hits you'll get is crazy.

PawaTranslation.com

SpiritsTranslation.com
Old 09-01-2016, 03:15 PM   #343
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirits Translation
I'll look into that website issue. Earning walks is not a problem with CPU pitching set to Hard minus. Condition (happy or sad face) plays a big part in that. In exhibition games you might be up against guys with good condition, but in season mode you'll face aging vets that come in all beat up and you can pound them or work them for walks.

The 2010 version (and most others) it's too easy to paint corners when pitching. What I do is set it so that I pick the pitch type & location and leave the CPU to determine release timing. We call that "1-button mode" in pitch settings. If you really want to be in charge of release then look at the pitchers hand instead of the shrinking balloon, you can still throw pretty well but you'll also toss up some farts.

And yes cursor hitting is the way to go, with no hit assist on the variety of hits you'll get is crazy.

I drew a few walks in the last couple games I played...still not that many but at least it's not zero anymore. Still on Hard-

That 1-button mode sounds like Classic in the The Show. I'll try that. I got bombed in my bullpen. Rallied to take a 5-2 lead late only for my relievers (tried to save my closer as he had a lot of fatigue points), to make it 5-4 and then my poor tired closer coughed it up. Felt bad after all that "THE CLOSER IS COMING" on the scoreboard and then he lets everyone down LOL.

Another thing - what happens to games that end in ties. Ties in baseball...only in Japan! Anyway, I had a 3-3 tie. Is that game made up later or do I just have one less game in the standings?

But anyway, I'm having a blast with PYS. Really just loving the game and how it plays.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:51 PM   #344
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Nevermind about the ties question. I found the standings page and see that my Fighters are 4-1-1. So it's like the NFL, ties just go in the books and probably screw with the standings later

However, I do have a question on training (in Pennant).

Some players have two options. Google translate calls them:

"Practice" which gives +2 EXP / 1 "turn" (game? inning?)

"Adjust" (Train?) which gives "Tone" (Individual Rating?) +1 / 2 "turns" (games? innings?)

Oddball translation aside (used to that from playing JP and KR app games), I presume one is better than the other for certain situations? Perhaps veterans/older prospects might benefit from the 2nd choice (target a rating directly)? While young kids (like those top draftees from that spreadsheet I found in the database section), might benefit more from the top choice in the long run?

Also, some players only have the top one. I noticed this with a pitcher, Nakamura, I'm going to train.

Last edited by KBLover; 09-01-2016 at 04:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »