Home

Some MLB The Show 16 Bans Are Being Lifted, Details Here

This is a discussion on Some MLB The Show 16 Bans Are Being Lifted, Details Here within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-03-2016, 12:07 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Some MLB The Show 16 Bans Are Being Lifted, Details Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I think another thing that's still a bit unclear to me is...are the people who are now saying they're unbanned coming off of a rightfully earned temporary ban? Or should they not have been banned to begin with? Or is it a little of both? The "I'm not banned anymore, you guys can eat crow!" posts in here don't really allow us to make any distinctions about that.
All of the bans related to this purported glitch were permanent bans. Speaking for myself and others that I have communicated with, at log in a big message came up and the screen that said, "This account has been banned for cheating ..."

Ramone also stated in his Tweets on Monday that no bans were being overturned.

The general statement referring to the TOC stated exploiting, cheating, etc. could lead to bans or suspensions. That was a general statement not applying to THESE bans.

The Release on Friday clearly stated that they looked further into the data and "reinstated select accounts."

Accordingly, there were no "suspensions" here: There are only bans. However, it was clear that they made mistakes with a number of accounts (mine included) and the ban was reversed.

- You guys are looking too hard for monsters under the bed. Those that were reinstated did nothing wrong - 100%. Indeed, do you really believe that if people were intentionally stealing from SDS and were caught that they would go through this P.R. nightmare just to let them go a few days later? I know the simple answer does not satisfy your blood lust, but there is nothing more to it.

The innocent people were reinstated, the guilty ones remained banned.
Old 07-03-2016, 12:29 AM   #74
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
The original report of 1500 minus the 200 that were reportedly unbanned.
The post they had said there were ~200 total bans, not 1500.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:52 AM   #75
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
And now the thread is quickly turning into lets take shots at SDS.....

Way to go guys.... par for the course these days.
Well to be fair the PR department at SDS did a pretty bad job handling this. So the criticism is warranted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2016, 04:24 AM   #76
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by oski96
All of the bans related to this purported glitch were permanent bans. Speaking for myself and others that I have communicated with, at log in a big message came up and the screen that said, "This account has been banned for cheating ..."

Ramone also stated in his Tweets on Monday that no bans were being overturned.

The general statement referring to the TOC stated exploiting, cheating, etc. could lead to bans or suspensions. That was a general statement not applying to THESE bans.

The Release on Friday clearly stated that they looked further into the data and "reinstated select accounts."

Accordingly, there were no "suspensions" here: There are only bans. However, it was clear that they made mistakes with a number of accounts (mine included) and the ban was reversed.

- You guys are looking too hard for monsters under the bed. Those that were reinstated did nothing wrong - 100%. Indeed, do you really believe that if people were intentionally stealing from SDS and were caught that they would go through this P.R. nightmare just to let them go a few days later? I know the simple answer does not satisfy your blood lust, but there is nothing more to it.

The innocent people were reinstated, the guilty ones remained banned.
It's crazy to me. Even after the bans on some folks were lifted, people are still trying to find ways to say they're guilty. Unbelievable

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2016, 04:39 AM   #77
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
My ban was one of those lifted. Whoo! Thank you, SCEA and possibly Ramone (if you played a part in that).

To let everyone know, since that's being discussed, I don't want anything for free - even though I wasted like 5 hours earlier starting over in building a nice little team of silver and gold players and recreating my uniforms. haha

The only thing I would like is for people to not jump to conclusions in instances like that.

I made about 12,000 stubs in about 3 hours off and on and built myself a nice little team that I had fun playing with. Hopefully, I didn't activate any unknown exploits creating and cancelling orders. I had about 16 pages of transaction in about 2 hours worth of flipping.

I would love to play with lower rated players (bronze and silver players), but playing with those types of players in the category I'm in (with around a 1,900 rating) would be way too tough.

If any legit somewhat to very skilled players want to play with bronze, silver and/or even a couple of gold players, feel free to message me and/or add me for the PS4 version. My PSN is Saved__By__Grace (there are two underscores in between each word for a total of 4 underscores).
Congratulations, glad to see a good conclusion here.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:05 PM   #78
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I think another thing that's still a bit unclear to me is...are the people who are now saying they're unbanned coming off of a rightfully earned temporary ban? Or should they not have been banned to begin with? Or is it a little of both? The "I'm not banned anymore, you guys can eat crow!" posts in here don't really allow us to make any distinctions about that.
From the ones I have been talking to and the ones I knew personally they were all innocent to begin with. I know that is hard to believe for someone, but from what I know that is true.

My biggest problem is that SDS did not even look at this objectively before applying these bans nor did they give any warnings (not counting that generic post on TSN either).

Also, they were very uncommunicative. At the very least, they should have been talking to people on exactly what they did. I only know of one instance where a dev replied to a friend of mine and that is only because of the prior relationship they had.

I also went to them with answers and willing to help and got no response. Once I finally found out what was going on from a guy that legitimately exploited the glitch (who was not even banned) and forwarded that information then they finally wanted to listen.

SDS has guys out there willing to help them and they have an official twitter they really did not utilize very well with any of this. That is really my biggest beef again...no communication. There seems to be a huge gap between the community and devs sometimes and I wish that would go away in the future.

This whole thing kind of just annoyed me even though I have not even played since Monday. I was frustrated with SDS not communicating with anyone that well. I was frustrated answering the same questions and answers trying to help everyone and I was frustrated with how quickly everyone was assuming they were all cheaters without knowing any facts.

I was also specifically frustrated with the OS community. This is one of the main places SDS gets feedback from and this is also one of the more knowledgable and loyal fanbases for the show yet so many here have a hard time accepting the fact that not everyone that plays online/diamond dynasty is an incompetent, 12 yr old, that bunts cheese all game and cheats. I think for this reason a lot were just quick to assume the bans were justified, which is sad since this place is a big source of info and feedback for the show.

I think in genera alot of diehard and vets of OS have had a hard time accepting the transition of sports titles focusing on ultimate team modes, but that is a bit off topic and a story for later.

I just hope we all can learn from this going forward. The game is still great, dev team is a group of hardcore, down to earth guys that probably care more about the quality of their product more than anyone. I hope nothing like this happens again and we all learn from it going forward.

Youtube
Old 07-06-2016, 04:52 PM   #79
Rookie

dherrera1015's Arena

Finally was able to log on yesterday after a long weekend. My account was unbanned. Rightfully so, as I never cheated or took advantage of the market. Was worried my stubs and players would be gone, but everything is back to normal! This was such an odd occurrence. I love SDS but this was not a great situation for them. I wonder if all 200 have been unbanned or only those who were proven innocent. Seems like SDS isn't telling us a whole lot, and I have a feeling no explanations will be given as they'll try to slide this under the carpet or something.

I'm just happy I can play again. Don't care enough for compensation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »