Home

Some MLB The Show 16 Bans Are Being Lifted, Details Here

This is a discussion on Some MLB The Show 16 Bans Are Being Lifted, Details Here within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-02-2016, 03:50 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Some MLB The Show 16 Bans Are Being Lifted, Details Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
The key piece here is that if the guy was innocent, he would've known for sure that he was innocent. Getting a response and getting unbanned would only be a matter of how long it would take. And that's exactly how it happened. It only took a handful of days.

No one in their right mind would take even Ramone's word as gospel for a crime they knew they did not commit. If the guy wanted to keep playing and knew he was innocent, selling the disc makes no sense at all...unless he was scheming to the incredible degree of turning a small profit on his current disc with the hope he would get a new copy as compensation. I don't consider this scenario at all likely. More likely, the guy just got really emotional and zigged when he could've zagged.
Wow, you're right. God, you nailed me. I thought I was going to get away with it too. I severely underestimated you guys. My bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2016, 04:04 PM   #42
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Glad to see that SDS is reinstating those accounts who weren't too erroneous in their actions.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-02-2016, 04:25 PM   #43
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytal6
There was NO investigation at that time at all. It wasn't a snap decision. I don't expect compensation for a new disk. Being innocent is no assurance of being reinstated. It's like you guys are starting to make crap up, as if it was fact. Like it was always the plan to unbanned everybody. And over emotional? Are you serious?
Let me handle some of these one at a time...

1. There certainly was an investigation going on; it was just flawed in the results. Perhaps there weren't many public details given about the investigation, but it was certainly happening. And then again when they issued a tweet about looking into the matter further. Once they figured out their investigation was erroneous and kept investigating, things started to get cleared up and a public statement was made. They are probably still investigating so they don't get so much egg on their face next time. A company doesn't make light of banning some of its highest spending members and then having to un-ban some/all of them.

2. It was a snap decision in the sense that people were getting bothered that their email queries weren't being replied to on the very same day this issue broke. What is the normal turnaround time for an email response from a business in times of high volume? In my experience, I rarely ever get a response from a business on the same day I email them unless I am offering to buy something, lol. The fact that it was 6 hours or 12 hours later and still no reply, people were making it seem more like a month. Even if you considered your decision impeccably and fully, the outcome didn't turn out all that well seeing the situation you're in now with wanting to play the game and not having it anymore.

3. It was your own post about it not being unreasonable for you to get a new disc as compensation that started this conversation, so that's sort of where this whole discussion started--with you strongly suggesting that you deserved a new disc for your troubles. And now you say that you're not actually seeking a new disc out?

4. Dead serious. A lot of you guys took the bans as an assault on your character and moral fiber (rightly or wrongly) and went on 1500 word missives on OS/Twitter/etc. I would say that's textbook over-emotional. I'm not saying I would've reacted any differently, I am just saying that it was a very emotional reaction that many of you guys had. I don't think that's really up for debate; the emotion and outrage was really, really obvious to everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytal6
Wow, you're right. God, you nailed me. I thought I was going to get away with it too. I severely underestimated you guys. My bad.
If you had read my full post, you would've seen where I discounted that conspiracy in favor of you getting rid of the game as a decision in the moment.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 07-02-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 05:08 PM   #44
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Man reading all those posts in the other thread from people claiming with such conviction that the banned were guilty and deserved of the banning is straight comedy now that the bans have been lifted.

That's why you should never really speak on something when you don't know all of the details. Today's a good day for those wrongly accused, and they get to enjoy the one of the best video games on the market again.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:43 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
You're not wrong, but that doesn't make it ok for you as a user to just do whatever and expect them to compensate you for whatever you did. Compensation for time lost grinding for stubs is one thing, but replacing things they didn't force you to get rid of is quite another.

I mean what innocent gamer would get rid of their game right away if they still wanted to play it? I could understand getting rid of the disc on principle or to protest, but you can't expect to gain compensation afterward.
I don't disagree with that. However, you are also addressing a pretty unusual situation and applying standards of rational behavior which probably do not apply in this case.

This is really an outlier - If you have seen this happen anywhere before, I'd like to know about it. SDS simply banned a bunch of accounts, refused to provide and straight-forward information, stated the bans were "irreversible" and finally after 4 days, just simply lifted most of the bans.

I have a hard time sympathising with the company that actually causes this whole mess and would expect them to at least extend an offer to help clean up the mess - especially towards those that were unfairly treated.

Again, if this was handled with some tact, maybe there would not be the same problems - but here, you basically had SDS go quite while Ramone taunted and publicly embarrassed those asking for information. To my knowledge, those people Ramone "beat down" (as referenced in a news article about the bannings) were all innocent and had their accounts reinstated.

If I'm SDS, I'm sending this gentleman a new copy - and happily so. I'd be grateful that this person still wants to play the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2016, 06:15 PM   #46
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by oski96
I don't disagree with that. However, you are also addressing a pretty unusual situation and applying standards of rational behavior which probably do not apply in this case.

This is really an outlier - If you have seen this happen anywhere before, I'd like to know about it. SDS simply banned a bunch of accounts, refused to provide and straight-forward information, stated the bans were "irreversible" and finally after 4 days, just simply lifted most of the bans.

I have a hard time sympathising with the company that actually causes this whole mess and would expect them to at least extend an offer to help clean up the mess - especially towards those that were unfairly treated.

Again, if this was handled with some tact, maybe there would not be the same problems - but here, you basically had SDS go quite while Ramone taunted and publicly embarrassed those asking for information. To my knowledge, those people Ramone "beat down" (as referenced in a news article about the bannings) were all innocent and had their accounts reinstated.

If I'm SDS, I'm sending this gentleman a new copy - and happily so. I'd be grateful that this person still wants to play the game.
I agree with you completely that this was a most unusual situation, hence my morbid curiosity about it. lol. I could also see SDS offering some form of compensation, but more likely in the form of packs, stubs, and hopefully an apology/clarification rather than replacing discs.

The one thing I would disagree on with you here is that SDS caused this issue. Where I can understand that interpretation, I see the chronic glitch-exploiters as the ultimate cause of both this specific inquisition as well as SDS's overall approach to "ban first and ask deeper questions later" here. In responding to the continual culture of glitch exploitation that slants the market so that many gamers get frustrated, the company clearly made a mistake in overreaching their evidence in this instance. The root cause, imo, is the people who make a "living" exploiting glitches.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:17 PM   #47
RLB
Rookie

RLB's Arena

This sure was not handled very professionally, the hacking on people on Twitter and whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Frankly the game this year just didn't feel right from the start, it felt like we were the testers/QC department right off the start. Tons of bugs have been reported with some that seem like a minor fix that have not been touched. The physics with the PCI and ball at times are horrible, outfield fences showing wrong distances, weird shifts on a few players, some players have huge heads, SOTS downloaded music volumes are low, the outfield fence at Coors that SDS requested pictures of.....took me 30 seconds to find that on Google. Maybe they spent to much time planting Easter eggs and making sure their faces are scattered throughout the crowd instead of fixing the things that really matter.

So when the online bunch figured out how to increase their stubs they did it. The game allowed it, so who's fault is that really? It's not like the clerk at the grocery store give you back to much change....that is where you test someone's integrity.

Maybe next year they should give the game out two months before release to thirty upstanding individuals and designate each a team to play with for one month to locate bugs/issues. This would give SDS a month to fix it before release. At least the game will be tested by folks that know baseball inside and out.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:44 PM   #48
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLB

Maybe next year they should give the game out two months before release to thirty upstanding individuals and designate each a team to play with for one month to locate bugs/issues. This would give SDS a month to fix it before release. At least the game will be tested by folks that know baseball inside and out.
I just wish MLB would let SDS go back to an early March release where thousands can test the game & have most problems ID'ed by Openeing Day. I realise some wouldn't want to be "testers" of this sort, so they could still buy the game early April.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »