Home

Some MLB The Show 16 Bans Are Being Lifted, Details Here

This is a discussion on Some MLB The Show 16 Bans Are Being Lifted, Details Here within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-02-2016, 02:38 PM   #33
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Some MLB The Show 16 Bans Are Being Lifted, Details Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
That's Ramone's personal Twitter. If people want to seek him out in a public way, he can respond however he wants in a public way. It's not like he was tweeting from The Show official account calling people out. That would be unprofessional.

Just because we have unprecedented ways to access people through personal channels doesn't mean that relationship is there magically.
Not necessarily. Employees who are public figures (Ramone is pretty public and The Show community is very familiar with him given he is the community liason/manager) can even get fired for what they say on their own Twitter accounts. Ramone was handling company business on his own account--he doesn't have immunity to say whatever he wants there and I'll bet someone told him to chill since his account went quiet for a bit as SDS was getting ready to backtrack. Sometimes, Ramone posts the same Tweets from his personal account and the MLB_The_Show account so the lines are also very blurry.

I'll stop short of saying it was unprofessional given the nature of the toxic waste Tweets he was getting from some exceptionally crappy people (note how everyone who wants to blame SDS for this whole thing skip over all the hateful Tweets some sent in). Not everyone resorts to hate speech when video gaming doesn't go their way and there really is no excusing some of those comments that were made to Ramone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytal6
My Ban was lifted. Jaytal6 PS3. Banned, not suspended. They describe it as a suspension in the explanation to the community, but on my console and on Twitter, it was an irreversible ban. I got rid of my game because I had enough of them and figured I was permanently banned. After the ban was reversed, I needed to get another game disk. They never responded to my emails, twitter, and banned me from the forum so I couldn't interact with them there. I don't think it's unreasonable that they compensate me for the cost of a game disk. If they had said that my account was being suspended pending an investigation into my market activity, I would have waited for the process to complete. All indications were that I was not coming back.
Congrats on your unbanning, but getting rid of your disc so soon was just not a great decision. PermaBan or not, it doesn't seem wise given that an investigation was playing out and especially if you thought you were innocent all along, you know??? I mean if you knew for a fact you were innocent, then it was only a matter of time before you were reinstated.

I think it's unreasonable for you to ask for a new disc because you're basically saying any snap decision you make about the game is their fault. What if I get mad about a glitch in the game and snap my disc; is that Sony's fault also? Or is it my fault for being over-emotional?

As a practical matter, they wouldn't be able to know for sure if you still had your disc or not and you were just trying to get a freebie anyway.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:02 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear

I think it's unreasonable for you to ask for a new disc because you're basically saying any snap decision you make about the game is their fault. What if I get mad about a glitch in the game and snap my disc; is that Sony's fault also? Or is it my fault for being over-emotional?

It looks like SDS was the one making the "snap decisions" here.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:10 PM   #35
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Not necessarily. Employees who are public figures (Ramone is pretty public and The Show community is very familiar with him given he is the community liason/manager) can even get fired for what they say on their own Twitter accounts. Ramone was handling company business on his own account--he doesn't have immunity to say whatever he wants there and I'll bet someone told him to chill since his account went quiet for a bit as SDS was getting ready to backtrack. Sometimes, Ramone posts the same Tweets from his personal account and the MLB_The_Show account so the lines are also very blurry.

I'll stop short of saying it was unprofessional given the nature of the toxic waste Tweets he was getting from some exceptionally crappy people (note how everyone who wants to blame SDS for this whole thing skip over all the hateful Tweets some sent in). Not everyone resorts to hate speech when video gaming doesn't go their way and there really is no excusing some of those comments that were made to Ramone.

Congrats on your unbanning, but getting rid of your disc so soon was just not a great decision. PermaBan or not, it doesn't seem wise given that an investigation was playing out and especially if you thought you were innocent all along, you know??? I mean if you knew for a fact you were innocent, then it was only a matter of time before you were reinstated.

As a practical matter, they wouldn't be able to know for sure if you still had your disc or not and you were just trying to get a freebie anyway.
When a community manager and developer publicly states that bans would be irreversible, and the user doesn't get a response when communicating through official channels, how can anyone have reasonably assumed they should have held onto a depreciating asset while hoping for something to occur they were explicitly told would not occur?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2016, 03:14 PM   #36
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oski96
It looks like SDS was the one making the "snap decisions" here.
You're not wrong, but that doesn't make it ok for you as a user to just do whatever and expect them to compensate you for whatever you did. Compensation for time lost grinding for stubs is one thing, but replacing things they didn't force you to get rid of is quite another.

I mean what innocent gamer would get rid of their game right away if they still wanted to play it? I could understand getting rid of the disc on principle or to protest, but you can't expect to gain compensation afterward.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:19 PM   #37
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
When a community manager and developer publicly states that bans would be irreversible, and the user doesn't get a response when communicating through official channels, how can anyone have reasonably assumed they should have held onto a depreciating asset while hoping for something to occur they were explicitly told would not occur?
The key piece here is that if the guy was innocent, he would've known for sure that he was innocent. Getting a response and getting unbanned would only be a matter of how long it would take. And that's exactly how it happened. It only took a handful of days.

No one in their right mind would take even Ramone's word as gospel for a crime they knew they did not commit. If the guy wanted to keep playing and knew he was innocent, selling the disc makes no sense at all...unless he was scheming to the incredible degree of turning a small profit on his current disc with the hope he would get a new copy as compensation. I don't consider this scenario at all likely. More likely, the guy just got really emotional and zigged when he could've zagged.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:21 PM   #38
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

I don't disagree that selling the game as fast as he did was maybe a little too fast compared to what I would have personally done. We're on the same page there. But when you ask "what innocent gamer would get rid of their game right away," well, apparently, the answer is that guy!

I personally don't feel he should be monetarily compensated (you don't really own games anymore these days. Just a right to play them and abide by the TOS). But I don't begrudge him for selling the game and now feeling a little ticked he was unbanned, considering all bans were supposedly irreversible.

Man, I've been away from The Show for awhile. This game was always pretty controversy free! What a mess!
Old 07-02-2016, 03:29 PM   #39
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Looks like they unbanned everyone of the 200.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Obligatory.

Old 07-02-2016, 03:44 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

There was NO investigation at that time at all. It wasn't a snap decision. I don't expect compensation for a new disk. Being innocent is no assurance of being reinstated. It's like you guys are starting to make crap up, as if it was fact. Like it was always the plan to unbanned everybody. And over emotional? Are you serious?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »