Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #305
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirits Translation
No, those are the only ones.
Ok, thanks. Just wanted make sure I wasn't missing something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2016, 07:36 AM   #306
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

To the people who have the game..would you recommend it? Kinda fed up with The Show this year and was contemplating on ordering Powerful Pros. Feedback would be great. Thanks!
Old 06-27-2016, 04:01 PM   #307
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouRead
To the people who have the game..would you recommend it? Kinda fed up with The Show this year and was contemplating on ordering Powerful Pros. Feedback would be great. Thanks!

Short answer

Yes. Bat-ball-turf physics is world's class. The gameplay is organic and natural. No head scratching moments wondering if there is anything fishy is going on. Unfortunately, PYS/Jikkyou both doesn't have check swings and lack the variable strike zone. MLB the Show was my favorite game but both PYS/Jikkyou has dethrowned the Show. Playing even a minute of MLB the Show doesn't give me the same joy anymore; it feels more like a chore. PYS/Jikkyou is THE baseball game I've always wanted, and it delivers a grand slam.

Long answer

Yes but wait for other's opinion as well ... depending on what you're fed up with in the TheShow. If it makes any difference, MLBtheShow was my absolutely favorite game. It is what brought me back to gaming (my last console was the SNES) but I always had gripes about the game (lack of urgency fielding animations, headscratching errors out of the users control, terrible pitching animations, poor player models). Got a PS3 and PS4 strictly because of MLBtheShow. No comment on franchise mode because I haven't play that portion of the game.

Two things unfortunately both Pro Yakyuu Spirits/Jikkyou doesn't have is variable strike zone and check swings. Also, can you get over the cartoon player models in Jikkyou? Other than that, both games plays and feels like the much better baseball game.

PYS/Jikkyou. The bat-bat-turf physics is worlds class. Everything on the field of feels organic and natural. The animations are far more realistic and you have more control over the players. There are absolutely no head scratching moments that makes you question if there's something fishy or if there is a comeback code in place. Make an error and that's on completely on you. Nothing ever feels scripted. You're in control of what happens on the field. Commentary and stadium atmosphere feels much more lively.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 06-27-2016, 06:15 PM   #308
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake

Short answer

Yes. Bat-ball-turf physics is world's class. The gameplay is organic and natural. No head scratching moments wondering if there is anything fishy is going on. Unfortunately, PYS/Jikkyou both doesn't have check swings and lack the variable strike zone. MLB the Show was my favorite game but both PYS/Jikkyou has dethrowned the Show. Playing even a minute of MLB the Show doesn't give me the same joy anymore; it feels more like a chore. PYS/Jikkyou is THE baseball game I've always wanted, and it delivers a grand slam.

Long answer

Yes but wait for other's opinion as well ... depending on what you're fed up with in the TheShow. If it makes any difference, MLBtheShow was my absolutely favorite game. It is what brought me back to gaming (my last console was the SNES) but I always had gripes about the game (lack of urgency fielding animations, headscratching errors out of the users control, terrible pitching animations, poor player models). Got a PS3 and PS4 strictly because of MLBtheShow. No comment on franchise mode because I haven't play that portion of the game.

Two things unfortunately both Pro Yakyuu Spirits/Jikkyou doesn't have is variable strike zone and check swings. Also, can you get over the cartoon player models in Jikkyou? Other than that, both games plays and feels like the much better baseball game.

PYS/Jikkyou. The bat-bat-turf physics is worlds class. Everything on the field of feels organic and natural. The animations are far more realistic and you have more control over the players. There are absolutely no head scratching moments that makes you question if there's something fishy or if there is a comeback code in place. Make an error and that's on completely on you. Nothing ever feels scripted. You're in control of what happens on the field. Commentary and stadium atmosphere feels much more lively.
Thanks for the feedback and I can easily get over the animated characters. I am all about gameplay and presentation. And MLB the SHow 16 is just frustrating this year. Too many nonchalant throws, no urgency whatsoever. Too many popups it is utterly ridiculous.

Edit: Difficulty finding the right one on Amazon. Has anyone bought anything from Play-Asia? I found it easier to find it on that site. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CanYouRead; 06-27-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:11 PM   #309
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback and I can easily get over the animated characters. I am all about gameplay and presentation. And MLB the SHow 16 is just frustrating this year. Too many nonchalant throws, no urgency whatsoever. Too many popups it is utterly ridiculous.

Edit: Difficulty finding the right one on Amazon. Has anyone bought anything from Play-Asia? I found it easier to find it on that site. Thanks in advance.
Bought mine from Play Asia, very reliable and I have purchased several games from them through the years. I paid a little extra for the shipping and had the game in two days.

As others have said, you won't be disappointed in this game. My favorite game this year and play it every day. Don't be put off by the Japanese in the game, easy to figure out things with translations over at the Spirits Translation site.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:15 AM   #310
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
Bought mine from Play Asia, very reliable and I have purchased several games from them through the years. I paid a little extra for the shipping and had the game in two days.

As others have said, you won't be disappointed in this game. My favorite game this year and play it every day. Don't be put off by the Japanese in the game, easy to figure out things with translations over at the Spirits Translation site.
Cool. I am going to buy it tomorrow. Thanks man
Old 06-28-2016, 01:51 AM   #311
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

I think I bought the cheapest version.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/...=AN1VRQENFRJN5

If your absolute number one complaint is too many nonchalant throws with absolutely no urgency whatsoever, then PYS/Jikkyou will absolutely be a breath of fresh air. There's no such thing as nonchalant non-urgency throws in PYS/Jikkyou. My number one gripe with MLB the Show was and still is nonchalant non-urgency throws (by both the CPU and the user).

You don't ever have to worry about infielders or outfielders or pitchers thinking about what they're going to have for dinner. You don't have to worry about outfielders taking their sweet time with crow hops or getting sucked into the wall. You don't have to worry about infielders ball watching. Everything with PYS/Jikkyou plays a real game of baseball with no artificial restrictions.

You don't have to worry about stuff like this:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...too-often.html

With regards to pop-ups, that's really going to depend on how you make contact with the bat on the ball. The bat to ball real physics is going to dictate where you hit the ball, whether that be a pop up, line drive, or an infield dribbler, or any of the other infinite possibilities. The absolutely great thing about PYS/Jikkyou is that you don't have to worry about waiting for the developers to send out a patch to tune bat/ball physics because PYS/Jikkyou's bat-ball physics simply plays out as it should in a real baseball game all thanks to the bat-ball-turf physics.

Unless they do an overhaul on their animation and completely remove nonchalant throws, MLBtheShow16 will be my last MLB the Show game I will ever purchase. From here on out, I am only buying Jikkyou/PYS.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 10:52 AM   #312
Rookie

According to world baseball classic teams, are there news?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »