Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-09-2016, 12:10 PM   #313
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Is Luis Torrens not on the yankees because of his injury or why is he not one created? Thanks
Old 06-09-2016, 12:13 PM   #314
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powertoyourhead
Is Luis Torrens not on the yankees because of his injury or why is he not one created? Thanks
Yes, because there is a 90-man limit and there were healthier, more advanced players to get in instead of Torrens.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:28 PM   #315
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Yes, because there is a 90-man limit and there were healthier, more advanced players to get in instead of Torrens.
I would have rather had him since he has potential rather than some of the other yankee catchers that have a D pot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2016, 12:31 PM   #316
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
I would have rather had him since he has potential rather than some of the other yankee catchers that have a D pot
Maybe so, but when putting the roster together, we always give preference to guys closer to the big leagues. We try for nearly 100% accurate AAA teams and for having most of the AA players. There aren't a lot of left over spots for A ball players and with Torrens not playing much in the past 2 years, there were other guys we saw ahead of him. It's just how this roster is put together every year.

There is usually a Yankees thread and they upload extra Yankees sometimes. You can look for that thread and maybe get Torrens that way.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:33 PM   #317
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Maybe so, but when putting the roster together, we always give preference to guys closer to the big leagues. We try for nearly 100% accurate AAA teams and for having most of the AA players. There aren't a lot of left over spots for A ball players and with Torrens not playing much in the past 2 years, there were other guys we saw ahead of him. It's just how this roster is put together every year.

There is usually a Yankees thread and they upload extra Yankees sometimes. You can look for that thread and maybe get Torrens that way.
That is fine. Im not complaining but just was curious to know if that was the reasoning
Old 06-11-2016, 03:44 PM   #318
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Just giving this a look, unless I'm missing something the overall ratings distributions don't look wildly different from the SCEA ones, even though lots of individual ratings were changed.

This might suggest that the difference, while substantial at the micro level, is not so great as to make the game play wonky.

The only area where the contrary seems to be true is with top power prospects, who often get more generous ratings than SCEA (like Baez), and with top pitching prospects, many of whom on teams like LAD and STL, appear to be ready as very young players to be middle of the rotation starters on good teams.

It looks like a major area of focus was on adjusting defensive and speed ratings to create more differentiation between league average and elite defenders. Is that an accurate assessment? I kind of like that bit, personally.

I've read through much of the thread, but in frank terms, are there any concerns with how these play out and integrate with SCEA rookie classes over 3-5 season sims?

I seem to remember last year seeming like there were lost more really drastic differences between OVR talent distribution when compared to SCEA. I may be wrong there, but I kind of like what I'm perceiving as tighter comparisons in terms of OVR distribution across MLB and MILB teams.

As someone who doesn't know anything about these projection systems, what's the aggregated data on how solid their predictions are on the whole?
Old 06-12-2016, 02:41 PM   #319
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
It looks like a major area of focus was on adjusting defensive and speed ratings to create more differentiation between league average and elite defenders. Is that an accurate assessment?
I think so. The only thing I would correct about this statement is that we didn't really aim to create any separation; it was there in the data and we just let it come out.

Quote:
I've read through much of the thread, but in frank terms, are there any concerns with how these play out and integrate with SCEA rookie classes over 3-5 season sims?
No concerns.

Quote:
As someone who doesn't know anything about these projection systems, what's the aggregated data on how solid their predictions are on the whole?
I'd suggest researching this topic on the internet. Frankly, a discussion of what projections are and how they are arrived at is way beyond the scope of this roster thread. There's a lot of good information out there on FanGraphs and other websites. There is also a comparison of different projection systems at the Hardball Times with some further information. This is definitely reading for people who aren't very familiar with projections or see it as some sort of voodoo magic.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:43 PM   #320
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
By the way, Torrens was actually in our roster. I forgot that we added him in favor of Santiago Nessy right before the roster came out. So if you weren't able to find Torrens, you were probably looking at a different roster.

Both the roster name and owner's PSN is given in Post 1 of this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »