Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-07-2016, 03:37 PM   #305
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still2REal
Yeah I tried that. All I got was a bunch of posts about how the players are rated too high, what sliders to use, and varying opinions on projections. I'll keep looking
The search feature can be useful to get past all that stuff.

Short answer: Yes, the re-rates are fine. The re-rates don't really make the league much better or worse overall.

More nuanced answer: It depends on how you think the drafted prospects should come into the game in the first place. It's too subjective to be a yes/no question. You can always run some simulations to find out if it's for you or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 03:42 PM   #306
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
The search feature can be useful to get past all that stuff.

Short answer: Yes, the re-rates are fine. The re-rates don't really make the league much better or worse overall.

More nuanced answer: It depends on how you think the drafted prospects should come into the game in the first place. It's too subjective to be a yes/no question. You can always run some simulations to find out if it's for you or not.
Thanks man. I'm fine with the rookies and high/low OVR rating and varying potentials don't bother me that much. I'm actually a bigger fan of correct contracts than anything else. I just didn't want newly drafted prospects coming in and being completely skewed from the original roster set.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:36 AM   #307
Rookie

tmello5's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Yes, this has been addressed 4 or 5 times already. Some utility players have had their eligibilities reduced a bit. My advice is give Holt LF/INF and then set his primary to RF if you ever want to give Mookie a day off and play him there.
How do we get that specific secondary position setup, the LF/iINF? When I go into edit player and go through the secondary position options I do not see LF/INF option, is there another way to edit players besides the game's player editor?
Old 06-08-2016, 01:48 AM   #308
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

OVR: 3

Hey quick question is there a website that show a pitcher outing pitch for pitch like what pitch they threw and if it was a foul or strike...like the pitcher analysis thing on the show...just wondering thought I ask here because I know you guys use a lot of data to make your rosters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2016, 02:29 AM   #309
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmello5
How do we get that specific secondary position setup, the LF/iINF? When I go into edit player and go through the secondary position options I do not see LF/INF option, is there another way to edit players besides the game's player editor?
You give LF as the primary and INF as the secondary. There is no single position that is LF/INF. The idea is you can change the primary to RF before the game if you want to start him there. He can keep his INF secondary the whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayOtic723
Hey quick question is there a website that show a pitcher outing pitch for pitch like what pitch they threw and if it was a foul or strike...like the pitcher analysis thing on the show...just wondering thought I ask here because I know you guys use a lot of data to make your rosters

Yep, check out Brooks Baseball. Poke around a little, but if you go to Dashboard, it takes you to the day's slate of games. You can then click on any pitcher's Game Log and see his pitches/mph/movement for that outing.

Here's the page for Yordano Ventura against Baltimore from last night as an example. There is more data than you probably want here and many ways to sort it. Check it out.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:33 AM   #310
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
You give LF as the primary and INF as the secondary. There is no single position that is LF/INF. The idea is you can change the primary to RF before the game if you want to start him there. He can keep his INF secondary the whole time.

Yep, check out Brooks Baseball. Poke around a little, but if you go to Dashboard, it takes you to the day's slate of games. You can then click on any pitcher and see his pitches/mph/movement for that outing.

Here's the page for Yordano Ventura against Baltimore from last night as an example. There is more data than you probably want here and many ways to sort it. Check it out.

Thanks big nats fan and I wanted to see Joe Ross outing from last night crazy he is pitching this good with two pitches! If he gets another breaking ball or sinker

Old 06-08-2016, 09:18 PM   #311
Banned

OVR: 0

When will rosters be out with drafted players on teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 11:06 PM   #312
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by detray1
When will rosters be out with drafted players on teams?
There's no plans for a draft version. People can take the draft-eligible players that are already in the vault and import them into their rosters as they see fit.

If someone wants to go ahead and upload their work for others after importing, go for it. No need for anyone's permission.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »