Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-04-2016, 11:55 PM   #281
Rookie

Spirits Translation's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
Seems like I was initially having issues while in season mode getting my settings to save. I would make some changes when I first started playing, save the season but the settings wouldn't save.
Before you play the next season game try going into the Pennant/System menu, change settings then save them. The "Data" settings from the main menu will not effect Pennant settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Where do i customize my game settings so they are always the same when I enter a match? Currently, I'm only doing exhibition mode. Every time I adjust my settings after selecting the teams, they're fine. But when I have a second match, it reverts back to default setting.
http://powerprotranslation.com/data.html

It's slightly different in the new version but I'm sure you can figure it out. Also, as mentioned above these will not effect your season settings.

PawaTranslation.com

SpiritsTranslation.com

Last edited by Spirits Translation; 06-04-2016 at 11:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2016, 12:10 AM   #282
Rookie

Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Played this cheeser online today - he stole bases on me all day. He'd get a base hit then sub in his speedsters. He stole 1st to 2nd then 2nd to 3rd no problem. I tried pick-offs, pitch-outs etc but he'd just run on the first pitch I threw.

It was the first time playing online on my Vita which had some nasty lag but I was playing in the middle of the day with wireless connection. Maybe he took advantage of a poor connection I dunno. But if it's an exploit then it looks like I'll just be playing Manager Mode online.

PawaTranslation.com

SpiritsTranslation.com
Old 06-05-2016, 01:50 AM   #283
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Do you play with the pitch preview cursor turned on where you can see the CPU's pitch target before they throw the ball? It's turned on by default, and I definitely recommend turning it off so that you can't jump on fastballs so easily.

If you still find that hitting fastballs is too easy even with the pitch preview off, then I would try increasing the global pitch speed. It defaults to 3 and goes as high as 5.

I find that 3 pitch speed with 4 pitch difficulty and no pitch preview cursor is a good challenge for me.

I want to jump in and ask about the CPU pitching cursor.

Even though hitting is already challenging on default difficulty, just wondering if there is a way to completely remove the CPU's final pitch location (you know, where the ball hovers within the strike practically giving the user the exact location of where the pitch crosses the plate). As it stands now, I tend to simply watch for the ball marker hovering around the strike zone and aim.

Is there a way to set it up like MLBtheShow where the user has no clue where the ball will cross the plate with the exception of actually reading the pitch? You can certainly do it in PYS, but I don't see an option for it in Jikkyou. Note: If I do it in PYS, I can't it a worth of lick, but it's nice to know it's possible if I ever master PYS.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 06-05-2016, 06:32 AM   #284
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirits Translation
No, but in 'Arrange' you can take a team, dump a player then pick up any player in the league to create a team to match your style. So if you want to put forth the effort you could find a player with similar attributes to a MLB player and just change their name.

http://powerprotranslation.com/arrange/arrange.html

I wanted to piggy back off of this post with a few important follow up question. Hopefully I make "sense."

(1) Will this "mess" up the real Japan teams? If I do start fiddling around with the real Japan teams, and start changing the Japanese names to English names, will this change the names for the 12 default official 2016 Japan teams? I think I may have found my answer and I don't think it messes with the 12 default official teams. It's the same with creating custom teams. It's simply copying and pasting but retaining the original teams as is.

(2) More importantly, is there a way to switch someone's position? I found a player that I might want to name as Bryce Harper. The found player plays center field is 27 years old, but Bryce Harper is 24 years old and plays right field, is there a way to "fix" this? Also, what about changing someone's weight and age? Or do I pretty much have to find someone who actually fits the real MLB players?

(3) Position: I also notice players having multiple positions. How do I know which player starts at first, or second, or center or right field, etc.? With the example below, how do I know who's the primary starter at first base?

three different players:
Player 1: FIRST, second, third, outfielder
Player 2: FIRST
Player 3: FIRST third

(4) Is there a way to lock players to certain positions on the field? I don't want the CPU to put Josh Donaldson in Center field when he's a third baseman. I don't want Danny Valencia playing outfield when he's a third baseman.

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 06-05-2016 at 08:17 AM.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:10 PM   #285
Rookie

Yes, turn CPU Pitch cursor OFF.

You won't mess up the default teams, it's just a copy/paste.

In regards to fielding priority check our batter attributes page. CPU will generally use highest ranked defender at catcher, SS and 2B while other positions they lean more towards the better offensive player.

No way to lock out a player from a position in simmed games. If you're playing you can do this, just make sure you have manual subs on. If you create a team or edit a team in season you can assign certain roles and set lineups.

PawaTranslation.com

SpiritsTranslation.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2016, 06:39 PM   #286
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirits Translation
Yes, turn CPU Pitch cursor OFF.

You won't mess up the default teams, it's just a copy/paste.

In regards to fielding priority check our batter attributes page. CPU will generally use highest ranked defender at catcher, SS and 2B while other positions they lean more towards the better offensive player.

No way to lock out a player from a position in simmed games. If you're playing you can do this, just make sure you have manual subs on. If you create a team or edit a team in season you can assign certain roles and set lineups.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Doing a test trial with one player, Buster Poser, San Francisco MLB catcher. I decided to rename an outfielder (only listed as outfielder; green color coded bar; indicator for outfield position) as Buster Posey. I put him in as catcher. For all starting lineups (yes DH, no DH, there were a total of 4 DH lineup options.) I even "locked" Posey in at the catcher position using L2+R2+square button.

In exhibition mode, the cpu automatically switches Posey out of the starting lineup with some guy with a blue colored coded bar (indicator for catcher position).

The reason why I labeled the outfielder as Posey was because his batting avg and hitting power. Just wanted to see if this would work using a guinea pig outfielder.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:00 PM   #287
Rookie

That's not something I really get involved with so you're pretty much on your own there. I just play with default teams and try not to watch Japan baseball on TV so I won't get too anal about correct ratings.

I guess the game requires a blue coded player to play catcher, but I do know in PYS if all catchers are injured you can use a fielder. However, simgamer005 pointed out that they don't play well at the position. Maybe delete all the blue coded catchers on your team and see what happens?

PawaTranslation.com

SpiritsTranslation.com

Last edited by Spirits Translation; 06-05-2016 at 07:03 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:02 PM   #288
Rookie

Translations are now posted for ONLINE play. It looks complicated but it's actually really easy...

http://powerprotranslation.com/online/online.html

PawaTranslation.com

SpiritsTranslation.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »