Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-04-2016, 04:00 PM   #273
Rookie

Spirits Translation's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

In regards to stadiums I've been curious about that as well. I'll look into it when I get the time. Working on posting up ONLINE translations which should be done later on today if anyone is interested in playing. I'll update with the link when it's ready. If you want to get in some practice the default online settings are:

Hitting Cursor assist: Level 1 (can be changed to none)

Batting & Pitching Cams: default behind batter view (can be changed in settings)

Defense: Manual (cannot be changed to auto)

Pitching: Manual (can be changed to 2-button)

You can also play Manager Mode online.

Lag was minimal and didn't affect play, there's a delay after the ball is hit which actually helps you get your bearings on defense.

Regarding your second question, I can't answer that without knowing your settings. I mean I could easily tweak settings that allow me to jack HR's all day. What are your settings for...

Pitch Speed?
CPU pitching difficulty?
CPU pitch cursor?
Hitting Cursor lock-on?
CPU Pitchers repertoire display? (Show Direction and Pitch, Show Direction Only, Dont Show)
CPU Defense difficulty?
Strike zone display?

PawaTranslation.com

SpiritsTranslation.com
Old 06-04-2016, 04:08 PM   #274
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

If the home runs you're hitting are happening because you're hitting the sweetspot of the bat too often on moving pitches then you should lower the assist level. I recommend either level 1 or level 2 assist.

If the home runs you're hitting are happening because the CPU is throwing too many meatball down the middle then you should increase the pitching difficulty level. I recommend level 4 pitching.

The shop doesn't have any stadiums in it from what I've seen. It's mostly just Success/Powerful Festival items and OB legends that are for sale.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:36 PM   #275
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
If the home runs you're hitting are happening because you're hitting the sweetspot of the bat too often on moving pitches then you should lower the assist level. I recommend either level 1 or level 2 assist.

If the home runs you're hitting are happening because the CPU is throwing too many meatball down the middle then you should increase the pitching difficulty level. I recommend level 4 pitching.

The shop doesn't have any stadiums in it from what I've seen. It's mostly just Success/Powerful Festival items and OB legends that are for sale.
Most of the home runs I hit are on fastballs, not necessarily mistake pitches although that does happen as well but I'm just able to get the sweet spot on the ball on fastballs. Not good at all on breaking pitches, I would say 80% + of my home runs are on fastballs. I'll have to go back to settings and check but I think my batting is on level 2 assist. CPU pitching I'll have to check as well. Thanks to you and Spirits Translations for the help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2016, 07:43 PM   #276
Hall Of Fame

Do you play with the pitch preview cursor turned on where you can see the CPU's pitch target before they throw the ball? It's turned on by default, and I definitely recommend turning it off so that you can't jump on fastballs so easily.

If you still find that hitting fastballs is too easy even with the pitch preview off, then I would try increasing the global pitch speed. It defaults to 3 and goes as high as 5.

I find that 3 pitch speed with 4 pitch difficulty and no pitch preview cursor is a good challenge for me.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:06 PM   #277
MVP

opd897's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Do you play with the pitch preview cursor turned on where you can see the CPU's pitch target before they throw the ball? It's turned on by default, and I definitely recommend turning it off so that you can't jump on fastballs so easily.

If you still find that hitting fastballs is too easy even with the pitch preview off, then I would try increasing the global pitch speed. It defaults to 3 and goes as high as 5.

I find that 3 pitch speed with 4 pitch difficulty and no pitch preview cursor is a good challenge for me.
Yeah I'm going to make some changes, thanks for the input. Seems like I was initially having issues while in season mode getting my settings to save. I would make some changes when I first started playing, save the season but the settings wouldn't save. I ended up backing out of the season and doing the settings from the main screen icon and start the season over. I'm well into the season now and hope I can get it to work while in season mode.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:15 PM   #278
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Where do i customize my game settings so they are always the same when I enter a match? Currently, I'm only doing exhibition mode. Every time I adjust my settings after selecting the teams, they're fine. But when I have a second match, it reverts back to default setting.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 06-04-2016, 09:01 PM   #279
Hall Of Fame

Whenever you change your settings on the prematch or in-match menus, those changes will reset at the end of the game.

You have to go back to the main menu and select the gear icon to save your settings permanently. That is the place where your "My Settings" are stored.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:56 PM   #280
MVP

opd897's Arena

I previously printed off the menu settings pages listed on the Spirits Translation site but the settings in the main menu appear to be different than the settings in season mode. Like possibly when you start a season you are unable to adjust some of the settings. At least there doesn't appear to be as many settings to change in the season mode settings. I'm confused so I'll see if there's a season mode settings page listed over at Spirits Translations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »