Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM Roster V3 Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM Roster V3 Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-29-2016, 12:23 PM   #113
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM Roster V3 Available Now

Is there any way to edit how the player was acquired? For example in my franchise as the Indians it says Bradley Zimmer was acquired in year 0 via "unknown".

Don't know why this bugs me, but it does.

You guys do an awesome job though, so thank you!
Old 05-29-2016, 12:51 PM   #114
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER1215
I know I can edit it myself, and I do, but it gets to be a pain changing it everytime (and yes I know I'm being a bit picky), but for the next version, can you fix Collin Balester's, and Jonny Gomes' name' (Colin Balestar and Johnny Gomes in-game)?

Also Tommy Milone is in AAA for Minnesota, but he's been in the FA list in recent versions.

A few transactions I noticed that are missing (either occured after the roster was released or were minor moves that were missed).
- Eric Fornataro was released by the Orioles.
- Felipe Paulino was released by the Indians.
- Nate Schierholtz was released by the Tigers.
- James Loney was traded to the Mets.
- Michael McKenry was signed by the Cardinals.

Other than these few things, this roster is excellent.

Half of those transactions happened after the roster was released lol we are good but unfortunately not fortune tellers lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2016, 12:55 PM   #115
Rookie

consecutive27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
How does potential work, when do players progress/ regress:

A potentials will typically progress much faster and better overall than any other potential type. That being said, players can move up and down in potential based on how they are performing during the season (you will receive an email saying stock is rising, or player should be part of our plans, or so and so isn't doing as well as we hoped). So lets say you draft someone with an A potential but with terrible stats. If you put him in the MLB, or even AAA right off the bat, he will most likely do very badly and move down a potential letter.

This works both ways however. You can draft someone with amazing stats, but his potential is a C/D. This isn't all that bad. You can put these guys in AA, and they will usually dominate the league and be bumped up a letter, ensuring they will become MLB caliber players.

When do players decline:

This is a problem in the Show. Most players start slightly regressing at around age 34. Anytime after this age their will come a season when the player completely falls off. I mean completely. He will fall down by -20 overall, and be utterly useless. There really is no way to stop this, other than manually editing the guy to keep him normal.

When do they retire:

Most guys retire after their contract is done between the ages of 36-40. Some retire really early for no reason, some retire later after that crazy decline happens. It is very random.
Maybe it is just me, but I have not seen any player move up or down a letter grade in potential in the show 16. I have seen this in previous years but not this one. Now, I have seen guys not reach their potential or very slightly exceed it, but the letter grade never changed. For example, I have seen Gregory Polanco get up to a base rating, not influenced by morale, of 90. His potential never changed from b to an a though. He was able to do this by putting up some nice stats for a few years. I think this is maybe not realistic in some ways, but I think the league wide results are preferable as the league will not fill up with nearly as many a potential guys rated 90 and above. The example with Polanco is the exception, not the rule.

Having said all that, it is still important to pay attention to age and individual attributes, as well as overall and potential. I do like how the stats are impacting progression now, though. Young players with bad stats still progress, but once they reach a certain age, the stats can make or break, or at least stagnate them. That is what I have seen so far this year. Maybe we should continue this discussion in another thread?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #116
Pro

UNDERTAKER1215's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
Half of those transactions happened after the roster was released lol we are good but unfortunately not fortune tellers lol

That's why I put in parenthesis that they occured either after the roster or were minor moves that were missed meaning I knew why certain ones (Loney and McKenry) were missing. No one is perfect, I know, just pointing them out for future versions.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #117
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER1215
I know I can edit it myself, and I do, but it gets to be a pain changing it everytime (and yes I know I'm being a bit picky), but for the next version, can you fix Collin Balester's, and Jonny Gomes' name' (Colin Balestar and Johnny Gomes in-game)?

Also Tommy Milone is in AAA for Minnesota, but he's been in the FA list in recent versions.

A few transactions I noticed that are missing (either occured after the roster was released or were minor moves that were missed).
- Eric Fornataro was released by the Orioles.
- Felipe Paulino was released by the Indians.
- Nate Schierholtz was released by the Tigers.
- James Loney was traded to the Mets.
- Michael McKenry was signed by the Cardinals.

Other than these few things, this roster is excellent.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:37 PM   #118
Just started!

I do my own things with rosters and would like some feedback. I did a total re rate. Rosters are pretty set except for tightening up around 12 teams. I balanced the rosters so every team has 20 Sp 20 rp 4 closers 17 of 22 inf and 7 catchers. I added around 15 older free agents like cliff lee to minors of teams since i play minor league games on 30 team control. I also have all updated transactions expect for maybe 1 or 2. Got the martinez of trade to stl in.. Arecinbia to ttampa too.. These are my own and already franchise ready. Added around 15 minor leagues who are making a impact. Only thing off is i added mariona rivera jr to the nationals since they signed him and his ovr and potential are high. Ill re reate it for version 1.0.

With that being said version 0.5 is in vault under Smoot4891. Please i would like feedback especially from ridin.

Ive dALL PITCH EDITS ARE IN ALSO!!!
Old 05-29-2016, 04:51 PM   #119
Just started!

Can I request a player for the next OSFM roster? My good friend, CJ Chatham, is projected to get drafted within the first two rounds and I was wondering if he could be in that roster. He is a shortstop from Florida Atlantic University.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #120
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by finatics97
Can I request a player for the next OSFM roster? My good friend, CJ Chatham, is projected to get drafted within the first two rounds and I was wondering if he could be in that roster. He is a shortstop from Florida Atlantic University.
I can't remember for sure if Ridin has mentioned a post draft roster set or not. I don't think he has. I assume there will be a V4 though & don't know his plans for releasing that version. Maybe he can chime back in & let us know if a V4 would include any potential or some draft draft picks. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »