Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM Roster V3 Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM Roster V3 Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-28-2016, 02:15 PM   #105
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM Roster V3 Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Just uploaded in the vault and a new thread started!
Damn, that was quick! I went out to work for a couple of hours, assuming "afternoon" would mean closer to early evening.

Looking forward to using the set!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2016, 03:12 PM   #106
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Damn, that was quick! I went out to work for a couple of hours, assuming "afternoon" would mean closer to early evening.

Looking forward to using the set!
I'm just itching to start my franchise so I wanted to get this out before I started making my own personal edits.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:40 PM   #107
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

Ridin, I'm curious of your thoughts on potential. I'm considering going through and making my own personal edits to SCEA players, because they put in too many A's and B's in their updates. Would this be a solid scale to use?

Superstar 95-99
Perennial Allstar 91-94
All Star 87-90
Plus 83-86
Above Avg 78-82
Avg Regular 72-77
Platoon/Utility 66-71
Bench 60-65
Emergency Callup 55-59
Organizational 0-54

I found this somewhere in the forums a while back, but I can't remember where exactly.

Old 05-28-2016, 04:08 PM   #108
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Ridin, I'm curious of your thoughts on potential. I'm considering going through and making my own personal edits to SCEA players, because they put in too many A's and B's in their updates. Would this be a solid scale to use?

Superstar 95-99
Perennial Allstar 91-94
All Star 87-90
Plus 83-86
Above Avg 78-82
Avg Regular 72-77
Platoon/Utility 66-71
Bench 60-65
Emergency Callup 55-59
Organizational 0-54

I found this somewhere in the forums a while back, but I can't remember where exactly.

Thats a decent scale, i dont think you should get too caught up in A's and B's as a B can develop in a a great player....prospects are hit and miss thus the never ending arguments and debates over them here but reality is a very small % turn i to what we think they will. But to answer your question sure that scale is close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2016, 04:31 PM   #109
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
Thats a decent scale, i dont think you should get too caught up in A's and B's as a B can develop in a a great player....prospects are hit and miss thus the never ending arguments and debates over them here but reality is a very small % turn i to what we think they will. But to answer your question sure that scale is close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feedback!

Old 05-28-2016, 04:58 PM   #110
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Superstar 95-99
Perennial Allstar 91-94
All Star 87-90
Plus 83-86
Above Avg 78-82
Avg Regular 72-77
Platoon/Utility 66-71
Bench 60-65
Emergency Callup 55-59
Organizational 0-54

How does potential work, when do players progress/ regress:

A potentials will typically progress much faster and better overall than any other potential type. That being said, players can move up and down in potential based on how they are performing during the season (you will receive an email saying stock is rising, or player should be part of our plans, or so and so isn't doing as well as we hoped). So lets say you draft someone with an A potential but with terrible stats. If you put him in the MLB, or even AAA right off the bat, he will most likely do very badly and move down a potential letter.

This works both ways however. You can draft someone with amazing stats, but his potential is a C/D. This isn't all that bad. You can put these guys in AA, and they will usually dominate the league and be bumped up a letter, ensuring they will become MLB caliber players.

When do players decline:

This is a problem in the Show. Most players start slightly regressing at around age 34. Anytime after this age their will come a season when the player completely falls off. I mean completely. He will fall down by -20 overall, and be utterly useless. There really is no way to stop this, other than manually editing the guy to keep him normal.

When do they retire:

Most guys retire after their contract is done between the ages of 36-40. Some retire really early for no reason, some retire later after that crazy decline happens. It is very random.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:24 PM   #111
Rookie

chainsaw4099's Arena

OVR: 4

thanks a lot Ridin for taking the time to update the roster it just makes playing the show that much better

Last edited by chainsaw4099; 05-28-2016 at 08:27 PM. Reason: forgot to put who i was thanking
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 12:13 PM   #112
Pro

UNDERTAKER1215's Arena

OVR: 3

I know I can edit it myself, and I do, but it gets to be a pain changing it everytime (and yes I know I'm being a bit picky), but for the next version, can you fix Collin Balester's, and Jonny Gomes' name' (Colin Balestar and Johnny Gomes in-game)?

Also Tommy Milone is in AAA for Minnesota, but he's been in the FA list in recent versions.

A few transactions I noticed that are missing (either occured after the roster was released or were minor moves that were missed).
- Eric Fornataro was released by the Orioles.
- Felipe Paulino was released by the Indians.
- Nate Schierholtz was released by the Tigers.
- James Loney was traded to the Mets.
- Michael McKenry was signed by the Cardinals.

Other than these few things, this roster is excellent.

Last edited by UNDERTAKER1215; 05-29-2016 at 12:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »