Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM Roster V3 Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM Roster V3 Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-25-2016, 09:50 PM   #81
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM Roster V3 Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Just popping in to day that I ran some sims to see for myself how the real contracts play out and it all looks great.

I feel like in years past this was a major issue, but this year, teams appear to utilize their available budgets intelligently and the really high payroll teams like my Dodgers appear to attempt to avoid the luxury tax threshold.

I simmed till 2021 and the player stats looked good.

What's more, I saw a really nice ebb and flow in FA, with some years seeing some pretty big names go on the market and other years being more ho-hum. Even better than that, the FA pool once the season starts looks really good. There is the occasional 80 OVR guy in there, but normally he's pretty old and on the decline. The overwhelming majority of the FA pool are really depth/injury replacement level types, and there's no young stud talent just rotting in FA.

It's pretty fun to see who develops, who hangs on, who plateaus instead of developing as expected, and who drops off a cliff. I even noted a couple of players who plateaued and then had late career resurgences where their ratings declines seem to have stopped for a season or two.

It looks like the roster and contracts play well with the drafts, etc., because the talent differential in 2021 between the MLB/AAA/AA levels look almost the same as in 2016. AA and AAA OVR might be slightly higher on average, but not much.

I did all these sims with single team control, btw. Figured it couldn't hurt to throw another perspective in here...

Thanks for reinforcing what we had been seeing. In my opinion V3 plays fantastic with franchise 1 player or 30 team control. The updated version I will release this weekend is just another even more refined version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 09:00 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by consecutive27
Those players I mentioned were all signed during the beginning of the FA period. It is a good balance between players resigning and becoming free agents. Teams definitely have enough money to make big signings too, especially big market teams. The best free agents have mostly gone to teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, Dodgers, Angels, etc. I play as the Pirates and would really have to make some questionable sacrifices to have a shot at a big time free agent most years, just as it should be (although my budget is a bit more generous than Nutting would be IRL, maybe Mark Cuban bought the team, haha). I have not seen many worthwhile players available near the end of the off season either. I will occasionally pick up a guy for my bench, but that's about it.

So overall, I am having a great time with these rosters in franchise mode. I am now messing around with some sliders to get what I feel are the most balanced sim stats possible. Don't get me wrong the stats are solid as is; I am just nitpicking and experimenting. That's awesome you have been able to test out the mode over that many years.
In comparing 2.5 vs 3 the only "negative" I saw was every team had a large amount of reserve funds with 3 and one time w/ 2.5 one team went over budget. In fact all rosters I have simmed have had the trend of league wide increases yr 2 & 3 then start to level out, as far as increases go. This could have been an anomaly but w/ V3 after year one no team ever had a decrease in funds from the owner and this is the only roster I have seen this.

Right now I'm just running w/ V2.5 because that's what I had started...
Old 05-26-2016, 09:36 AM   #83
Rookie

consecutive27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
Thanks for reinforcing what we had been seeing. In my opinion V3 plays fantastic with franchise 1 player or 30 team control. The updated version I will release this weekend is just another even more refined version.

Will this updated version contain the speed and defensive rating edits you were talking about earlier? I am interested in seeing what those look like.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:06 AM   #84
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by consecutive27
Will this updated version contain the speed and defensive rating edits you were talking about earlier? I am interested in seeing what those look like.

It has speed edits to a few players that SCEA rated poorly, those edits have made a nice difference with the defensive play of these teams/individuals as well but we did not do any defensive edits

Old 05-26-2016, 10:53 AM   #85
Rookie

consecutive27's Arena

Quote:
It has speed edits to a few players that SCEA rated poorly, those edits have made a nice difference with the defensive play of these teams/individuals as well but we did not do any defensive edits

Cool. It wouldn't kill the cpu to allow a few more of my line drives to drop in the outfield.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 01:29 PM   #86
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

OVR: 9

When do u expect to release the next version Ridin, rosters are awesome by the way.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:44 PM   #87
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic75
When do u expect to release the next version Ridin, rosters are awesome by the way.

I'm gonna release these Friday night, a little over 24 hrs from now

Old 05-27-2016, 09:47 AM   #88
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I'm gonna release these Friday night, a little over 24 hrs from now

Not sure if I misinterpreted but will there be accurate salaries?

Also, will trades be up to date?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »