Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-25-2016, 03:43 PM   #169
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Fair point, but keep in mind that while a lot of people are loosely tossing "A" and "B" around, we're really talking about an 88 POT, which is a super high B. And I'd guess most who don't agree would consider Lindor a low A. So we're really one "stock is rising" email apart. It's really not that big of a difference.

I should also mention that we've made a conscious effort to be conservative with potentials to help the superstars really stand out.
Thanks for the response. I would have liked your post if the function worked for me lol
Old 05-25-2016, 03:45 PM   #170
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Ok. Enough bull**** tying up this thread about Francisco freaking Lindor and asking why certain players are rated a certain way.

We have explained it many times - projections (hard numbers converted solidly in ratings) were what decided ratings. Potentials are based on what the baseball community thinks of a player (again a hard number converted to make a rating number).

Unfortunately Overall numbers are weighted numbers - usually in a pitchers case it's pure stuff weighs more than /9 numbers.

We had no biased other than if something looked strange we did double check that player.

Francisco Lindor will probably become an A potential after season 1, but he currently just sits under that. If he started as an A there is much more chance he would eventually become a 99 player which now we would have complaints about him being too high.

At the end of the day - do you the roster user want something that has pretty numbers OR something that plays real to life.

Just to make a point using a questioned player Marco Estrada. I pitched with him last night and he was pure Marco- not pretty but damned near perfect. Gave up 2 runs through 8.

Let's keep this thread productive moving forward - and if u have no intention of using it, stay off the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 05-25-2016, 03:47 PM   #171
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Wow, take it easy Willard. We were just having a discussion. That type of post is not really something we look kindly on here.

And I do intend on using the roster. I wasn't aware I was not allowed to have an opinion on a certain player.

Last edited by PVarck31; 05-25-2016 at 03:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2016, 04:23 PM   #172
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Wow, take it easy Willard. We were just having a discussion. That type of post is not really something we look kindly on here.

And I do intend on using the roster. I wasn't aware I was not allowed to have an opinion on a certain player.

Opinion is fine but more than 1 post about a player is no longer constructive. It is browbeating us into changing something especially when we have said we did not control any numbers. We simply put them in (about 40 hours of work) after WTNY spend more than that finding a formula then creating the spreadsheet.

We have explained multiple times why Lindor got what he did and why Joe Blow minor leaguer got what he got.

We appreciate the interest in the roster by all, but people need to realize that there is no absolute perfection and constant bugging on the same topic for 5 yeArs gets very tiring to the point this roster almost did not happen to begin with.

It's not like we haven't been nice enough not answer. We keep giving the same answer because that is the answer

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 05-25-2016, 04:52 PM   #173
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
Opinion is fine but more than 1 post about a player is no longer constructive. It is browbeating us into changing something especially when we have said we did not control any numbers. We simply put them in (about 40 hours of work) after WTNY spend more than that finding a formula then creating the spreadsheet.

We have explained multiple times why Lindor got what he did and why Joe Blow minor leaguer got what he got.

We appreciate the interest in the roster by all, but people need to realize that there is no absolute perfection and constant bugging on the same topic for 5 yeArs gets very tiring to the point this roster almost did not happen to begin with.

It's not like we haven't been nice enough not answer. We keep giving the same answer because that is the answer

If you're referring to me about making more than one post about it I made one post and responded to another. Definitely not nonconstructive.

But you've made your point. Next time don't be telling people that its bull**** to post stuff. That is nonconstructive. And also don't be telling people to stay out of the thread. Everyone has a right to view and comment on this thread regardless if they download your rosters or not.

And just so you know, as I stated before I really appreciate the time and effort you guys have put into the rosters.

I am fine with Lindor's potential after more was explained to me.

So now it's time to move on.

Last edited by PVarck31; 05-25-2016 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:35 PM   #174
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

If anyone has any questions about what Steamer does to calculate this stuff I have a fairly decent knowledge of how it works
Old 05-25-2016, 07:09 PM   #175
Rookie

grangdj77's Arena

OVR: 0

Is anyone posting a version with transactions up-to-date?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2016, 09:26 PM   #176
Rookie

Dynasty Legend 99's Arena

OVR: 0

So.......

Budgets On or OFF?

Will teams be able to re-sign their guys and what not or am I better off turning it off?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »