Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM Roster V3 Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM Roster V3 Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-25-2016, 09:55 AM   #73
Rookie

consecutive27's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM Roster V3 Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbomberoloco
Are you talking about during the FA period or after all signings have gone through and these guys are in the FA pool ?

I have simmed over 30 season w/ various rosters (have time at work to do stuff like that but not to play because the time is very sporadic and in short periods), I have seen maybe 5 times a FA made it through the FA signing period and was able to picked up off the street, that was worth it. There is almost always one stud during FA period and the bidding war begins...
Those players I mentioned were all signed during the beginning of the FA period. It is a good balance between players resigning and becoming free agents. Teams definitely have enough money to make big signings too, especially big market teams. The best free agents have mostly gone to teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, Dodgers, Angels, etc. I play as the Pirates and would really have to make some questionable sacrifices to have a shot at a big time free agent most years, just as it should be (although my budget is a bit more generous than Nutting would be IRL, maybe Mark Cuban bought the team, haha). I have not seen many worthwhile players available near the end of the off season either. I will occasionally pick up a guy for my bench, but that's about it.

So overall, I am having a great time with these rosters in franchise mode. I am now messing around with some sliders to get what I feel are the most balanced sim stats possible. Don't get me wrong the stats are solid as is; I am just nitpicking and experimenting. That's awesome you have been able to test out the mode over that many years.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:06 AM   #74
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by consecutive27
Those players I mentioned were all signed during the beginning of the FA period. It is a good balance between players resigning and becoming free agents. Teams definitely have enough money to make big signings too, especially big market teams. The best free agents have mostly gone to teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, Dodgers, Angels, etc. I play as the Pirates and would really have to make some questionable sacrifices to have a shot at a big time free agent most years, just as it should be (although my budget is a bit more generous than Nutting would be IRL, maybe Mark Cuban bought the team, haha). I have not seen many worthwhile players available near the end of the off season either. I will occasionally pick up a guy for my bench, but that's about it.

So overall, I am having a great time with these rosters in franchise mode. I am now messing around with some sliders to get what I feel are the most balanced sim stats possible. Don't get me wrong the stats are solid as is; I am just nitpicking and experimenting. That's awesome you have been able to test out the mode over that many years.
Check out Nomo's CPU vs CPU sliders. best sim sliders available. Nails it every year...
Old 05-25-2016, 11:19 AM   #75
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by consecutive27

V3 plays about the beat of any roster I have played or simmed, with the slight tweaks we have made to try he V3 set and all the updates the next version should play even better. This set Sims stats, contracts, free agency and plays fantastic without having to redesign the wheel. I know lots question SCEA's base roster and some of their ratings but I have seen really good results along with draft classes that are in line with the set. I'll release another small update this memorial day weekend with more edits, transactions, more added players. Like years past there will always be an updated version available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2016, 01:55 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'm currently enjoying 2.5 but am intrigued by 3.0.

I know the budgets question has been asked in several threads, and I've read several threads, but it's really hard to find a condensed, exhaustive explanation of what real contract values do to the game once inside a single or 30 team franchise.

As an English professor, I have a hard time with numbers, so the data post on the sims from the previous page was hard for me to interpret.

My questions are:

1) Is it viable to use a single team control method with accurate contracts and have realistic off-season FA periods?

2) If you have to do 30 team control to make this kind of roster work, exactly how involved do you have to be in the contract/FA area? What, specifically, do you have to micromanage, and what do you not have to manage?

Any guidance or clarification would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-25-2016, 02:12 PM   #77
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm currently enjoying 2.5 but am intrigued by 3.0.

I know the budgets question has been asked in several threads, and I've read several threads, but it's really hard to find a condensed, exhaustive explanation of what real contract values do to the game once inside a single or 30 team franchise.

As an English professor, I have a hard time with numbers, so the data post on the sims from the previous page was hard for me to interpret.

My questions are:

1) Is it viable to use a single team control method with accurate contracts and have realistic off-season FA periods?

2) If you have to do 30 team control to make this kind of roster work, exactly how involved do you have to be in the contract/FA area? What, specifically, do you have to micromanage, and what do you not have to manage?

Any guidance or clarification would be greatly appreciated!

1. Yes with V3 and real contracts the way it is there hasn't been anything we have seen to break anything

2. 30 team control is my preferred method because you can control your team and manage the other moves to mimic real.life or you can let the CPU make moves but you can step in where needed, check out some threads on 30 team control to guide you

Old 05-25-2016, 02:18 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
1. Yes with V3 and real contracts the way it is there hasn't been anything we have seen to break anything

2. 30 team control is my preferred method because you can control your team and manage the other moves to mimic real.life or you can let the CPU make moves but you can step in where needed, check out some threads on 30 team control to guide you

This is great. I've heard a lot of hyperbole about real contracts in the game and I was afraid that I would have to either take stock contracts or micromanage my franchise to a degree that's not fun for me.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:17 PM   #79
MVP

Side Effect's Arena

OVR: 3

Ridin or anyone, do you have any Royals filler position players? After the Jose Martinez trade today, I can't find any more filler players from V1 or last years with carry over franchise. Could you put one in the vault? Also the Astros.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:17 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Just popping in to day that I ran some sims to see for myself how the real contracts play out and it all looks great.

I feel like in years past this was a major issue, but this year, teams appear to utilize their available budgets intelligently and the really high payroll teams like my Dodgers appear to attempt to avoid the luxury tax threshold.

I simmed till 2021 and the player stats looked good.

What's more, I saw a really nice ebb and flow in FA, with some years seeing some pretty big names go on the market and other years being more ho-hum. Even better than that, the FA pool once the season starts looks really good. There is the occasional 80 OVR guy in there, but normally he's pretty old and on the decline. The overwhelming majority of the FA pool are really depth/injury replacement level types, and there's no young stud talent just rotting in FA.

It's pretty fun to see who develops, who hangs on, who plateaus instead of developing as expected, and who drops off a cliff. I even noted a couple of players who plateaued and then had late career resurgences where their ratings declines seem to have stopped for a season or two.

It looks like the roster and contracts play well with the drafts, etc., because the talent differential in 2021 between the MLB/AAA/AA levels look almost the same as in 2016. AA and AAA OVR might be slightly higher on average, but not much.

I did all these sims with single team control, btw. Figured it couldn't hurt to throw another perspective in here...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »