Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-25-2016, 12:44 PM   #137
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Hey Cavicchi aren't you the guy that sings Levels and Wake me up? Love those songs. I actually have them on the Sounds of the Show.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:46 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett59
I am voicing my opinion not bashing the roster creators....
Opinions are welcome here...just as long as they coincide exactly with everyone else's. Contrary to popular opinion, it actually is possible to appreciate the work other people put into the roster, while still thinking that the ratings look a little wonky.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:57 PM   #139
Rookie

nycyankeefan52's Arena

OVR: 2

Is there a spreadsheet with hybrid adjusted ratings for scea players available to view ? Thanks for the great work on the roster.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:02 PM   #140
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer5761
Opinions are welcome here...just as long as they coincide exactly with everyone else's. Contrary to popular opinion, it actually is possible to appreciate the work other people put into the roster, while still thinking that the ratings look a little wonky.
Glad you guys are figuring that out.

I think the issue everyone has with some pop-up posts in here is not the back and forth or difference of opinion (even though I've stated many, many times that these ratings are tied to projections...if you have issues, they're with the projections and/or people continue to neglect the explanation for where these ratings actually come from, which many find exasperating..having to explain over and over like Groundhog Day), but that people with no "skin in the game"--those who neither helped make it, didn't consult on it, aren't using it, don't plan to use it, and weren't asked for their opinion feel the need to be disagreeable in the sense that it's more about being 'right' or picking at something than providing legitimate constructive criticism.

Let's put it this way, imagine if I sauntered into every roster thread in this sub-forum and told everyone exactly what I think and pointed out any perceived flaws that I could find? What's the point? Would that be necessary? Why would I waste my time on doing that? That's the point, many of you lack a clean motivation (other than being disagreeable), and many gentlemen simply are not picking up on this as the reason they rub others the wrong way.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:05 PM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Glad you guys are figuring that out.

I think the issue everyone has with some pop-up posts in here is not the back and forth or difference of opinion (even though I've stated many, many times that these ratings are tied to projections...if you have issues, they're with the projections and/or people continue to neglect the explanation for where these ratings actually come from, which many find exasperating..having to explain over and over like Groundhog Day), but that people with no "skin in the game"--those who neither helped make it, didn't consult on it, aren't using it, don't plan to use it, and weren't asked for their opinion feel the need to be disagreeable in the sense that it's more about being 'right' or picking at something than providing legitimate constructive criticism.

Let's put it this way, imagine if I sauntered into every roster thread in this sub-forum and told everyone exactly what I think and pointed out any perceived flaws that I could find? What's the point? Would that be necessary? Why would I waste my time on doing that? That's the point, many of you lack a clean motivation (other than being disagreeable), and many gentlemen simply are not picking up on this as the reason they rub others the wrong way.
I get what you're saying, and I do agree, for the most part. There is no room for jerks or trolls. I just get frustrated when any dissenting opinion is treated as 'hating on' or 'bashing' something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2016, 01:06 PM   #142
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoller1331
Fantastic job to everyone involved with this roster!!! Can't wait to start a franchise with these!

One quick question. When starting a 30 team control franchise, should I set the budgets to OFF because the contracts were edited?
No, you shouldn't have to. Everything seems to work fine with edited contracts--or at least no worse than with stock ones. The issue this year is perhaps teams have too much budget space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycyankeefan52
Is there a spreadsheet with hybrid adjusted ratings for scea players available to view ? Thanks for the great work on the roster.
No, nothing is being made public.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:10 PM   #143
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer5761
I get what you're saying, and I do agree, for the most part. There is no room for jerks or trolls. I just get frustrated when any dissenting opinion is treated as 'hating on' or 'bashing' something.
Dissent is ok and can be good when it leads to a fruitful argument filled with data and when people are able to let it go/back off and not let arguments drag on over multiple pages/days of attrition. Some people are wired to be argumentative for the sake of it, though.

When you're up against people arguing about why the grass is green after you've explained it for the 87th time (and some people are just too lazy or too lost to go find the answer that was given 5 posts earlier), it isn't useful to have that discussion frankly. To anything about ratings that people don't like: I say "projections!!"
Old 05-25-2016, 01:11 PM   #144
Pro

OVR: 8

Just wanna say thank you to everyone who did an incredible job creating a truly phenomenal roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »