Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-24-2016, 02:14 PM   #65
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
Love the edits, but is anyone else getting really low ERA's across the league? I'm simulating basically the first year with the Braves, and overall team ERA's are mostly in the 2's and low 3's.

If I recall at the AS break, the top 10 were all under 2.50.
I'm not sure if you saw it, but in the previous thread I suggested sliders to use in simmed games.

SP STAM = 1
RP STAM = 6
Manager Hook = 5
Injuries = 8

The SP Stamina slider sort of functions as a switch in this roster. Lower it for more offense, raise it for more pitching.

The problem you are having might be related to not having these set as intended.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 02:14 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett59
If i had to take a guess it would be due to many position players offensive stats being lowered and many picthers (who may not deserve it) being raised to pretty high levels. Overall most giys are rated well but looking through it is pretty hard to find elite rated offensive players. MVP J Don, has 70 contact and 80 power after hitting 40 homers and winning MVP because projections are always relunctant to bet on big seasons. I have no idea how this plays yet but my initial glance feels it will be extremely picther friendly.
Donaldson with 70/80 in a ReRate is almost the same as 90/100 on a regular roster set. Everyone is related to a new meteic system.

Quit bashing on guys who put in hard hours of their own time to do something for the community. If you don't like the ratings then don't play with them and leave the thread to people who want to give thanks.

Last edited by Councilmann_Jamm; 05-24-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:37 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Councilmann_Jamm
Donaldson with 70/80 in a ReRate is almost the same as 90/100 on a regular roster set. Everyone is related to a new meteic system.

Quit bashing on guys who put in hard hours of their own time to do something for the community. If you don't like the ratings then don't play with them and leave the thread to people who want to give thanks.
I am voicing my opinion not bashing the roster creators....
Old 05-24-2016, 02:40 PM   #68
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Councilmann_Jamm

I appreciate the comment, but at the same time we know full well that this isn't the roster for some people. And that's fine. What matters to me is that I like it, will use it, and if it just so happens that 1,000 other people do also, then that's great and the whole reason why we share/make community rosters at all. I don't really care so much if some people are disappointed in something they didn't contribute to at all and got for free. Such is life.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:40 PM   #69
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Ok, originally I was going to quote a ton of posts and answer stuff individually, but as I kept reading I think some things need to be cleared up as really some displeasure IMO comes from a general misunderstanding of what this roster is about, how it works in season 1 and how it works in season 5 and so on.

For those comparing Overalls from one player to another, please remember and I believe AC stated this as well - different attributes weigh heavier on different positions - for instance a 3B is weighed more on power than contact, as for pitchers where I see the biggest beef - while I will agree Arrieta is one of if not the best in the NL so far this year what may be weighing him down in essence compared to a guy like Syndergaard is the fact that the game weighs actual pitches heavier than the /9 pitching metrics - again this may be why young pitchers are rating higher than some would think.

For those wondering about projections - yes Donaldson had a monster year last year but projections don't just weigh in one season, they weigh it heaviest but every year going backwards in a career is weighed in, another reason why a younger player may have a slight advantage in this category when it comes to projections but that said we switched to Steamer this year who seems to be more harsh on younger players than ZiPs was. Projections were also preseason, not yesterdays numbers so some players may be better or worse that the projections said - but I promise they will probably play accurate - also take note that the game has it's own built in system to cause a player randomly to have a career or sub career season.

Next up Potentials and Prospects - first off every prospect is sexy and a future superstar fans of a certain organization - when in fact 90% of these guys will never be more than org filler - just ask Jesus Montero about that one. Our Potentials were based on actual scouting scales, so they are what the general baseball community of scouts think of that player, not what I the fan of my team thinks of them - and while they seem low, we have eradicated the future 2 years down the road having more A prospects than any league should have as well keeping A potential older players from retiring too soon.

Lastly for those who just look into numbers of the roster and haven't played more than a few games - give it a chance before you rip it - WTNY has developed a ratings system that gives super accurate in game play as well as at the end of the season real stats - take a look at the graphs WTNY posted in our previous thread if you need proof. Finally those saying that the pitching is stronger than the hitting, have you been watching baseball this or last year?

Willard

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 05-24-2016, 02:52 PM   #70
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
Finally those saying that the pitching is stronger than the hitting, have you been watching baseball this or last year?
The validity (or not validity) of this sentiment is also 100% dependent on your skill level/difficulty and in-game sliders. If you set batting power and contact to 10 and pitch speed to 1, you'll see how scary those big bad pitchers are. lol
Old 05-24-2016, 03:44 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 4

Ok, yeah I will try that and report back stats. I was going to try that this morning before work but ran out of time. The actual games I played (roughly 3) were nicely varied with TNK's sliders. I had one shutdown game by Casey Kelly (fringe AAAA Braves SP), got rocked with Folty (pretty highly upgraded overall wise) and then an average 4ER over 5 1/3 with Aaron Blair.

I know that's not a great sample size or really statistically telling, I just was surprised with the sim stats, mainly that there was no real variance between SP's everyone was in the 2's and 3's ERA wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I'm not sure if you saw it, but in the previous thread I suggested sliders to use in simmed games.

SP STAM = 1
RP STAM = 6
Manager Hook = 5
Injuries = 8

The SP Stamina slider sort of functions as a switch in this roster. Lower it for more offense, raise it for more pitching.

The problem you are having might be related to not having these set as intended.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 04:39 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just wondering if anyone has put out a roster for 2016 as good as this one with current team rosters for mlb15. I would like to use that for my franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »