Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-24-2016, 12:38 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I think some of your displeasure has to do with paying too much heed to numbers that aren't that useful. Such as OVR and ERA. There are better metrics out there that projection systems rely on and as somebody already said, if you are paying too close attention to OVR (which is an artificial video game calculation that has only somewhat to do with the value of the player) then you'll run into problems.

The projections take home ballpark into consideration, yes. But, Tulo is not what he once was offensively either. I mean look at his previous 2 seasons and tell me what offensive numbers you think he should have?

Defensive ratings in this roster don't take this season into account as this is an Opening Day roster. Keep in mind that all of the ratings were completed long before the season. At the time of the projections, Adam Eaton was still penciled in for CF, where metrics have killed him for about 3-4 years in a row.

The roster version we used (the 4/18 update) had Terdoslavich missing. That's why he's a CAP. He's not much but AAA filler at this point, but whoever created him must've forgot to use the service time base.

Then change him in your roster. Problem solved. I don't think he'll keep up what he's doing offensively. We'll see, I guess. I've never seen people this worked up about 1-2 points of OVR/POT.

Unfortunately that happened in the editing process. Kike Hernandez was another ******ty. When a lot of people are making a lot of edits, mistakes can be made. It's not like scores and scores of players, either. It's just a few. Some of the secondaries are obsolete anyway and haven't been played by guys in many years.

It's too bad that positional eligibility is still so fidgety. It should be more customize-able and the almost religious devotion required to keeping eligibilities intact and never being able to fix a mistake is on Sony quite frankly.

If you are a Brock Holt user (he has LF/IF as his positions in this roster...yeah, not ideal but he hasn't played any other positions yet this year) and it really bothers you, you can just change his primary position before any game you want to give him a start at say, RF or CF. In some ways this might be better, because secondary positions come along with attribute hits, so always listing a versatile guy like Holt with the primary he's going to be using probably makes him play more realistic anyway. The downside is you have to remember to edit the position from time to time.
Okay, but why does a guy like Faria on the rays have 87 hit 9 as hes struggling in AAA this year. Snell is rated pretty highly which is understanable but i dont understand why he deserves such a gaudy rating with no MLB experience. Tulo hit 280 last year and 340 the year before. I just thought there would be more respect for a SS with as great an offensive track record that he has

Last edited by Garrett59; 05-24-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:45 PM   #58
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett59
Okay, but why does a guy like Faria on the rays have 87 hit 9 as hes struggling in AAA this year. Snell is rated pretty highly which is understanable but i dont understand why he deserves such a gaudy rating with no MLB experience.
All pitching/batting ratings are all projection-based. Faria was clearly liked by the projections. For anyone who has lofty ratings it's because they are liked by projection systems. After last season, I can see why. Faria has not hit AAA yet, but he's also not struggling as much as his ERA would suggest; his FIP is a full run lower at 3.58. That's a better indicator of his performance (things he can control) than ERA. If he brings his BB-rate back down to where it has been 2012-2015, he should be a good one and could be in the MLB rotation next season.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:06 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 4

Love the edits, but is anyone else getting really low ERA's across the league? I'm simulating basically the first year with the Braves, and overall team ERA's are mostly in the 2's and low 3's.

If I recall at the AS break, the top 10 were all under 2.50.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:17 PM   #60
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
Playing my first game with the blue jays and I hit a homer with Donaldson and it says it's his first career home run.... Is this a bug or a problem with the roster?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Opening Day bug - play both of the other two as CPU/CPU games, once they start FF to the end. Then play yours.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:18 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixTN
Opening Day bug - play both of the other two as CPU/CPU games, once they start FF to the end. Then play yours.
Will the next game I play be ok as already halfway through now?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 01:34 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great work on the rosters, no matter what accomplishing such a task is always amazing.

However, After downloading I wasn't too impressed by the ratings. At least nothing there to make me stop using 3.0. I do think the border line pitchers got a much needed boost as they are now rightfully rated better than minor leaguers but overall the prospects are rated too high currently and potential too low and unless the low lever minor leaguers are studs they do not seem to relate to the players actual abilities well.

That's just my opinion.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:58 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
Love the edits, but is anyone else getting really low ERA's across the league? I'm simulating basically the first year with the Braves, and overall team ERA's are mostly in the 2's and low 3's.

If I recall at the AS break, the top 10 were all under 2.50.
If i had to take a guess it would be due to many position players offensive stats being lowered and many picthers (who may not deserve it) being raised to pretty high levels. Overall most giys are rated well but looking through it is pretty hard to find elite rated offensive players. MVP J Don, has 70 contact and 80 power after hitting 40 homers and winning MVP because projections are always relunctant to bet on big seasons. I have no idea how this plays yet but my initial glance feels it will be extremely picther friendly.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:00 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
Great work on the rosters, no matter what accomplishing such a task is always amazing.

However, After downloading I wasn't too impressed by the ratings. At least nothing there to make me stop using 3.0. I do think the border line pitchers got a much needed boost as they are now rightfully rated better than minor leaguers but overall the prospects are rated too high currently and potential too low and unless the low lever minor leaguers are studs they do not seem to relate to the players actual abilities well.

That's just my opinion.
I couldnt agree more. I am a firm believer of prove it in the major before they earn these crazy ratings. Some prospects are regarded way too highly, like Urias an 85 already, come on hes still in the minors. This roster is definitely pitching heavy and imho way too reliant on projections that dont seem to come true taht often. Projections always take the side of caution and this leads to many mediocre ratings shen some people can back up a career year and not decline to career averages

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »