Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-24-2016, 11:07 AM   #49
Rookie

CarolinaBlue02's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith05
Quick question...This is the 1st time playing 30 team control. After spring trainng, do i have to adjust the CPU team lineups and rotations or do they stick?? Also skipping spring training screws things up? I dont want to play spring training if I can avoid it...thanks for a great roster and thanks for answering this
If you use a 40 man roster and sim ST, the lineups/pitching rotations will be based upon who the computer feels are the best 25 guys and you will see some messed up lineups/rotations. My advice would be to use a 25 man roster, sim ST, then manually add 15 guys to each team. It does not take more than an hour.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:52 AM   #50
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett59
I am well aware of their stats so far I just figured guys with a smaller sample size wouldnt be rated so highly opposed to proven veterans. Velasquez had over a 4 era last season. And i know the Thor thing isnt much but Arrieta has a sub 1 era in his last 29 starts if there is a pitcher deserving of a 99 I would think its him. Thor is a stud i wasnt knocking him rather praising how dominant Arrieta has been. And good point on the stamina i forgot it was like that this year. One last thing I was surprised to see Tulos offensive stats so low, is this taking Coors field affect into consideration, or is it the projections? Once again thanks for all the hard work, it is much appreciated.
I think some of your displeasure has to do with paying too much heed to numbers that aren't that useful. Such as OVR and ERA. There are better metrics out there that projection systems rely on and as somebody already said, if you are paying too close attention to OVR (which is an artificial video game calculation that has only somewhat to do with the value of the player) then you'll run into problems.

The projections take home ballpark into consideration, yes. But, Tulo is not what he once was offensively either. I mean look at his previous 2 seasons and tell me what offensive numbers you think he should have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Hey guys, phenomenal work as always! Can't wait to dive in and start playing with these rosters. Quick question though, I don't have the game on right now but I was just browsing last night for a few minutes and noticed that Adam Eaton's defense was rated pretty low considering his UZR/DRS this season in RF. Was this because of sample size?

Also noticed Neris from PHI was one of the lower rated RP's...I'm sure since these are based on steamer, it didn't envision his breakout.

Just curious of your thoughts.
Defensive ratings in this roster don't take this season into account as this is an Opening Day roster. Keep in mind that all of the ratings were completed long before the season. At the time of the projections, Adam Eaton was still penciled in for CF, where metrics have killed him for about 3-4 years in a row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycyankeefan52
Thanks for the great rosters. I just noticed Joey terdoslavich has no career stats. OSFMv3 had him with correct career stats.Why is he a CAP ? I find players from MLB14 & 15 with career stats and import them into the roster where needed. I have found a few v3 didn't use. Hybrid only has Terd so far.Thanks again.
The roster version we used (the 4/18 update) had Terdoslavich missing. That's why he's a CAP. He's not much but AAA filler at this point, but whoever created him must've forgot to use the service time base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I haven't downloaded the roster, but going off what Bat said about Lindor, and the reply interests me. I am of the opinion what players do in the majors supersedes what they did in the minors. Lindor has had 564 at bats in the majors and hitting .312 along with 20 SB (8-1 this year), and in my estimation is without question an A potential. I see him as a potential gold glove shortstop who hits well and a fine baserunner.

Bottom line--564 at bats is pretty much a full season, and I think that supersedes what Lindor hit in the minors.
Then change him in your roster. Problem solved. I don't think he'll keep up what he's doing offensively. We'll see, I guess. I've never seen people this worked up about 1-2 points of OVR/POT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymax
Thanks and I really appreciate the work that hss gone into this. As someone who dabbled with ZiPS projections for MLB the Show, I know how much effort this takes. One quick question, why were so many players secondary positions changed? Guys like Brock Holt, Leury Garcia and others who played numerous positions are now more limited.
Unfortunately that happened in the editing process. Kike Hernandez was another casualty. When a lot of people are making a lot of edits, mistakes can be made. It's not like scores and scores of players, either. It's just a few. Some of the secondaries are obsolete anyway and haven't been played by guys in many years.

It's too bad that positional eligibility is still so fidgety. It should be more customize-able and the almost religious devotion required to keeping eligibilities intact and never being able to fix a mistake is on Sony quite frankly.

If you are a Brock Holt user (he has LF/IF as his positions in this roster...yeah, not ideal but he hasn't played any other positions yet this year) and it really bothers you, you can just change his primary position before any game you want to give him a start at say, RF or CF. In some ways this might be better, because secondary positions come along with attribute hits, so always listing a versatile guy like Holt with the primary he's going to be using probably makes him play more realistic anyway. The downside is you have to remember to edit the position from time to time.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 05-24-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:56 AM   #51
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Thanks for all the work guys.

WTNY, will you be posting your sliders for this roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 12:06 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 4

Playing my first game with the blue jays and I hit a homer with Donaldson and it says it's his first career home run.... Is this a bug or a problem with the roster?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2016, 12:06 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2016 OSFM HYBRID V1 (official release thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlphookem77
THANK YOU!!! Guys. From deep east texas. Go Rangers about to start my franchise with THE Roster
Longview here where abouts are you?
Old 05-24-2016, 12:07 PM   #54
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Since we are past the honeymoon period and into the picking of nits phase, I'll just point out that we failed to re-rate 2 players (Joel Peralta and Travis Jankowski), but here are the attributes as intended...

Code:
Travis Jankowski, SD, CF/OF

POT - 76
CONvR - 65
CONvL - 60
POW vR - 28
POW vL - 26
BUNT - 68
DRG BNT - 46
VIS - 65
DISC - 58
CLUTCH - 48
DUR - 77
SPD - 92
ARM STR - 49
ARM ACC - 57
REAX - 78
FIELD - 79
STL - 73
BR AGG - 99

OVR - 73

Contract: 1 year 510k

Code:
Joel Peralta, SEA, RP

POT - 74
STAM - 30
CLUTCH - 54
H/9 - 67
HR/9 - 44
K/9 - 67
BB/9 - 67
DUR - 89

ARM STR - 57
ARM ACC - 57
REAX - 20
FIELD - 35

4SM (90 MPH)
Velo - 54
Control - 84
Break - 83

SPLT (81 MPH)
Velo - 35
Control - 63
Break - 20

CB (77 MPH)
Velo - 72
Control - 72
Break - 33

OVR - 68

Contract: 1 year $1.2 million

Somebody probably grabbed roster update players for these 2 and added faces, but there was a miscommunication about applying the ratings. Should only take a minute to update if you care to do so. Definitely not worth a new version.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 05-24-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:11 PM   #55
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Thanks for all the work guys.

WTNY, will you be posting your sliders for this roster?
I don't think so. This year, doing pitch edits and producing an entire roster is enough "work" for me.

If you liked my sliders in the past, you can probably dig up my thread from 2015 and use them. The game/sliders doesn't change that much year to year. There are a bunch of other sets to try in the slider forum as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 12:12 PM   #56
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

absolutely wonderful

Thank you ten fold for all your hard work.

THIS is the roster i play with....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »