Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-24-2016, 08:04 AM   #41
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Hey guys, phenomenal work as always! Can't wait to dive in and start playing with these rosters. Quick question though, I don't have the game on right now but I was just browsing last night for a few minutes and noticed that Adam Eaton's defense was rated pretty low considering his UZR/DRS this season in RF. Was this because of sample size?

Also noticed Neris from PHI was one of the lower rated RP's...I'm sure since these are based on steamer, it didn't envision his breakout.

Just curious of your thoughts.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 08:31 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2016 OSFM HYBRID V1 (official release thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
How I Use 30 Team Control

Many have asked, and for myself being a guy who in the past only like using single team control, it took some adjustment and playing around to find setting for 30 team control I liked.

1. Set up 2 Profiles, 1 for your team, 1 for CPU teams

2. Profile 1, I set everything up on Manual Control to start the season

3. Profile 2 is a mimic of Profile 1 for Spring Training, then I transfer everything but lineups and 40 man to AUTO, (this way you can move players up and down to your roster through spring training and not lose guys on waivers)

4. Start your franchise - leave CPU trades turned ON (more about this later)

5. Play spring training - no injuries will happen unless you turn on injuries, you can move about 5 players up and down per day, they will use up one of their options but you won't loose them to another team - just make sure you move the player to AAA before taking them off the 40 to make room for your call up

6. At the end of spring training make sure you set your proper 40 man roster, then change Profile 2 to Auto for all categories

7.Every day during the season, scan through proposed trades and veto any bad trades the CPU makes, also sim every game but your teams and then scores will appear on the scoreboards as if they were happening at that time period.

That's about it! (I think)
Sorry to ask but it is different for me to understand that all as my language is German, but how are the steps if I want to skip spring training and go straight into season?
Old 05-24-2016, 09:27 AM   #43
Rookie

nycyankeefan52's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks for the great rosters. I just noticed Joey terdoslavich has no career stats. OSFMv3 had him with correct career stats.Why is he a CAP ? I find players from MLB14 & 15 with career stats and import them into the roster where needed. I have found a few v3 didn't use. Hybrid only has Terd so far.Thanks again.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
How I Use 30 Team Control

Many have asked, and for myself being a guy who in the past only like using single team control, it took some adjustment and playing around to find setting for 30 team control I liked.

1. Set up 2 Profiles, 1 for your team, 1 for CPU teams

2. Profile 1, I set everything up on Manual Control to start the season

3. Profile 2 is a mimic of Profile 1 for Spring Training, then I transfer everything but lineups and 40 man to AUTO, (this way you can move players up and down to your roster through spring training and not lose guys on waivers)

4. Start your franchise - leave CPU trades turned ON (more about this later)

5. Play spring training - no injuries will happen unless you turn on injuries, you can move about 5 players up and down per day, they will use up one of their options but you won't loose them to another team - just make sure you move the player to AAA before taking them off the 40 to make room for your call up

6. At the end of spring training make sure you set your proper 40 man roster, then change Profile 2 to Auto for all categories

7.Every day during the season, scan through proposed trades and veto any bad trades the CPU makes, also sim every game but your teams and then scores will appear on the scoreboards as if they were happening at that time period.

That's about it! (I think)
Quick question...This is the 1st time playing 30 team control. After spring trainng, do i have to adjust the CPU team lineups and rotations or do they stick?? Also skipping spring training screws things up? I dont want to play spring training if I can avoid it...thanks for a great roster and thanks for answering this
Old 05-24-2016, 09:46 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogbeefcake
This roster appears to have real contracts, should I turn off budgets for a 30 team control franchise I plan to play for many seasons?
Did anyone answer this?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 10:05 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 1

I haven't downloaded the roster, but going off what Bat said about Lindor, and the reply interests me. I am of the opinion what players do in the majors supersedes what they did in the minors. Lindor has had 564 at bats in the majors and hitting .312 along with 20 SB (8-1 this year), and in my estimation is without question an A potential. I see him as a potential gold glove shortstop who hits well and a fine baserunner.

Bottom line--564 at bats is pretty much a full season, and I think that supersedes what Lindor hit in the minors.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:43 AM   #47
Rookie

keymax's Arena

OVR: 3

Thanks and I really appreciate the work that hss gone into this. As someone who dabbled with ZiPS projections for MLB the Show, I know how much effort this takes. One quick question, why were so many players secondary positions changed? Guys like Brock Holt, Leury Garcia and others who played numerous positions are now more limited.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:59 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Even got the sticky this year. It truly is a good year.

To add onto what Willard already specified, we've pulled stances and motions from all over OS (Cultbuscus did), I must've updated Aaron Nola's pitch edits for the tenth time and we've been almost paranoid about adding in new pitch edits (over 1000 pitchers now) even from Spring Training this season, teeds provided something ridiculously high like 500 updated/new CAPs, we made sure that filler AA shortstop Peter Mooney (MIA) is 5'6" instead of 6'3", ensured that some obscure guy you've never heard of has a secondary position, run I don't know how many sims etc etc...you get the idea.

Now we're not claiming perfection at all because some areas we didn't have time to get to (equipment other than Phillies); at this point we're several hundred hours deep cumulatively, but we all think this is a seriously franchise-worthy roster. Enjoy!

THANK YOU!!! Guys. From deep east texas. Go Rangers about to start my franchise with THE Roster

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »