Home

MLB, Just Like The Show, Concerned About Time It Takes to Finish A Game

This is a discussion on MLB, Just Like The Show, Concerned About Time It Takes to Finish A Game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-17-2016, 09:16 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MLB, Just Like The Show, Concerned About Time It Takes to Finish A Game

I can never once recall while playing short stop man this game takes for ever! The game actually goes by pretty quickly when you are out there on the field. A true fan of the sport understands this.

As for the virtual side of things. MLB THE SHOW 15 nailed this by giving us all the options we needed to play the way we wanted and for how long we wanted.

MLB THE SHOW 16 dropped the ball on this not sure why they touched something that was currently working.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 09:17 AM   #26
Rookie

brushbackpitch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
No MLB game today is anywhere near it's most pure & true form, yet because it's the greatest game ever invented, even today's bastardised MLBl is still better than any other game IMO
I absolutely agree! Just wish they would leave it the way it was when baseball was baseball and the game was great! I miss the days of Rose, Gibson, 4 SP rotations, no pitch counts and more.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:30 AM   #27
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3
The hardcore fan (which seems to be most of the people here) wants the game to last as long as possible. However, for everyone else -- the VAST majority of fans in attendance or watching on TV -- the game definitely has the possibility to be TOO DAMN LONG.

It's one thing for it to be a 3+ hour game on a sunny and warm Saturday or Sunday afternoon -- most adult fans would be fine with this. It's a completely other thing for it to be a 3+ hour game on a weeknight (when many people have to be up early the next day for work), or during poor weather -- then, the game seems to last FOREVER.

I was at a Cubs night game last week, and about 1/3 of the fans left after the 7th inning strech, simply because it was already 10pm and the Cubs were up by four runs. I'm sure this will elicit a response such as "THEY'RE NOT REAL FANS!" but I gotta say, part of me wishes I did the same, as I was struggling the next morning as I did not get home until 11:30 and had to be up at 5:45.

A 20 second pitch clock would be much appreciated and honestly isn't THAT unreasonable. Or make games 8 innings instead of 9.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:44 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhouston
A 20 second pitch clock would be much appreciated and honestly isn't THAT unreasonable. Or make games 8 innings instead of 9.

IF either one of those had to go in - it better be the pitch clock. Changing number of innings?

No. Just...please no.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:08 PM   #29
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Batters should stay in the box between pitches and pitchers should only be allowed to step off if runners are on base.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:12 PM   #30
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Maybe don't spend 10 minutes trying to figure out multiple replay challenges? Call it inconclusive, call stands after 3 or so if there's no clear resolution.
They even take 10 or more minutes on even the clear cut replays where all they really need is one look...crazy.

Keith Hernandez is funny during replays. He starts going on and on..."Let's go fellas", "Let's move it along already"
Old 05-18-2016, 03:31 PM   #31
Pro

Someone mentioned it before, but bring in quick counts.

2 dice, 1 red (for balls) that goes from 1-3 and another black (for strikes) with 1 and 2 on.

Umpire rolls them before the at bat and away we go.

Also for the road team, foul balls are fair. That means the crowd get involved as that extra fielder. Down the line, teams may even hire extra players to place them strategically in the crowd... Designated Fielders as such.

Adds a new dimension to it all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 03:41 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbrother
Someone mentioned it before, but bring in quick counts.

2 dice, 1 red (for balls) that goes from 1-3 and another black (for strikes) with 1 and 2 on.

Umpire rolls them before the at bat and away we go.

Also for the road team, foul balls are fair. That means the crowd get involved as that extra fielder. Down the line, teams may even hire extra players to place them strategically in the crowd... Designated Fielders as such.

Adds a new dimension to it all.
Dice huh? That might open the door for Pete Rose to get back in.

Last edited by baconbits11; 05-18-2016 at 03:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »