Home

MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-10-2016, 09:53 AM   #417
Rookie

docdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I believe the initial feature request was mine. Yes, you can turn them off in the settings, so that it's the same as it was before.

There is some good info to be had from the Yells though , like steal alerts, throwing decisions, base coach instructions, as well as the number of outs or strikes. That way, you don't even have to look at the scorebug.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
I actually like the yells, I would just prefer to hear them come from the speakers all the other sounds come from. It feels odd to hear all the sounds of the game coming from my speakers, and then these yells coming from my controller. I don't want to turn them off, just have them integrated into the other sounds coming from my speakers.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:22 AM   #418
Rookie

Flames24Rulz's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy818
I see that the baserunning issue is being addressed which is much appreciated, but can we get some clarity on the issue regarding the cloud? Some of us save our offline franchise on the cloud and have not been able to access it since the patch. Has it even been acknowledged by the developers?
All I know is that it's being addressed in the next patch. Seems a bit ridiculous to me that we have to wait that long to get a long distance franchise going again.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:23 AM   #419
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Actually now that I've played a few more games with the patch, I'm noticing a few things that I didn't see pre-patch:

- the CPU base running is atrocious. They constantly overrun bases leading to them being tagged out by 40 feet at the next base.
Yes, CPU baserunning is really too aggressive. I've recorded a video with two example of the issue. There's really something wrong.

Old 05-12-2016, 02:35 AM   #420
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
Yes, CPU baserunning is really too aggressive. I've recorded a video with two example of the issue. There's really something wrong.

Wow that is really bad I couldn't believe the first one. Odd I have never seen any thing even close to that bad and have had zero issues with it this year. I saw some problems with it last year and not a lot of people talked about it last year compared to last year and even then I didn't see any thing even close to that bad.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:38 AM   #421
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny

Yes, that's precisely what I was talking about. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 09:57 AM   #422
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Yes, that's precisely what I was talking about. Thanks!
The first one I have never seen.

The second one I have seen. I think what is happening is the cpu is thinking the throw is off line because in this case its being thrown in foul territory where normally a cut off man wouldn't be, so it is thinking it can take an extra base on an errant throw.

Every time I've seen the second one it is due to a throw that appears to be errant but is actually right to the fielder.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-12-2016, 11:15 AM   #423
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I am still seeing that choppy check swing on low and away, or outside pitchers called for strikes. They cleaned it up more on this patch....but it is still showing up the more I play.

It really needs to be addressed as well as the complete lack of appealed check swings (being called balls 99% of the time) getting called for strikes. There needs to be some what better balance on appealed check swings.
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)
Coming soon:
CFB 25 (PS5)
Madden 25 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 05-12-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:24 AM   #424
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

I've had the game for a week and haven't seen a single check-swing appeal go in the pitcher's favor. Not game-breaking by any means, but if you spend 90% of your time playing RTTS as a starting pitcher like I do it can really get on your nerves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »