Home

Is It Time For The Angels to Trade Mike Trout?

This is a discussion on Is It Time For The Angels to Trade Mike Trout? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-08-2016, 12:13 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Is It Time For The Angels to Trade Mike Trout?

Happ, Almora, Baez, vogelbach, McKinney, Fowler, hendriks for trout
Old 05-13-2016, 02:49 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 11

I was reading an article about rumors of Cubs/Angels Trout trade. Here's the speculative offer: The deal: Javier Baez, Jorge Soler, Kyle Schwarber, Gleyber Torres, Duane Underwood, Billy McKinney, and Dan Vogelbach for Trout
Old 05-13-2016, 04:40 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86
I was reading an article about rumors of Cubs/Angels Trout trade. Here's the speculative offer: The deal: Javier Baez, Jorge Soler, Kyle Schwarber, Gleyber Torres, Duane Underwood, Billy McKinney, and Dan Vogelbach for Trout
this would be the closest to a trout deal. To get him you cant give up 5 prospects, because there unestablished prospects while trouts the real deal. You would have to give up young players who have made some type of impact already (shwarber, soler) and a boatload of bluce chip prospects.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:46 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
What about my Braves? Aren't they considered the worst team right now in MLB even though they have a loaded minor league farm system right now?
Dodgers could get him for Puig, Seager, Urias, and De Leon, Zach Lee. It would have to be a package like this imo to get a generational talent like trout.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:17 PM   #61
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Hard to justify trading Trout. It would have to be a monster deal that a GM is not most likely to do. I am talking about gutting whichever team has the best farm system and getting at least 1 established young MLB player for Trout. So something like 6 of the best prospects you can find and then 1 or 2 MLB ready now guys. I would prefer Arte to either start spending or sell the team so a real owner can take over. This way, we can get rid of Scioscia and surround Trout with the talent he needs. Hopefully, Pujols retires in 2017 which I am guessing will happen as soon as(if he)hits 600 home runs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 06:35 PM   #62
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Maybe the question shouldn't be if the Angels should trade Trout but rather should Trout request a trade? Angels future does no look bright at his point.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:25 PM   #63
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

In my opinion yes, it is time to trade him. I don't think keeping trout will result in winning anything anytime soon. Yes he's the best player in baseball, well second best if you prefer Harper over him but no one can win without quality players around them. You can have Harper and Trout, but without the pieces around them you won't be winning a world series. Now I'm not saying they should just trade him to trade him. They should only do it if the right offer is their. If I was the Angels I would be actively shopping Trout once it nears deadline day. The Angels have the worst farm system and trading Trout would help towards changing that. With no talent coming up through the minors and an owner who seems reluctant to go above the luxury tax, and the albatross that is the Pujols contract on the books, how far can the Angels go anytime soon? To be honest, no matter what they do with Trout, I can't see them winning a world series for years.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:19 PM   #64
Rookie

I'm sure a GM would have to be out of their mind to offer whatever it would probably take to get him. If someone offers a crazy deal they probably should, but I doubt it'll happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »