Home

MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 05-05-2016, 12:56 PM   #337
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Doesn't have to be instant feedback. Patience is a virtue

Point is, at least for me, people should be allowed to answer before others chime in. I read what CleveCluby wrote and was interested in what he had to say. A & S had posted a number of times with lengthy regard to how much he enjoyed this game. The question in my mind was how does CleveCluby answer.

As for the hypothetical case presented in my previous post, well, that is how we did it on the forum where I moderated. If someone asked so-and-so a question, they waited for him to reply before popping in. If the question or comment was in the general sense, anyone could chime in.

Sometimes people don't want/like others answering for them. The weight of ones answer can be diluted by someone else speaking first.
Can we get back to the patch itself and the opinions of it instead of this thread being about you and how forums should operate?

--------

Back to the topic at hand.

One thing I noticed post patch was that the AI seems to be matching up pitchers better than they had previously. In my game vs the Rockies, they brought in a left hander, after the righty gave up a double to Rios, to face Carpenter and Hazelbaker, walked Holliday and pitched to Moss. He got all 3 outs facing lefties.

Could just be a coincidence but I have never seen this before in the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-05-2016, 01:15 PM   #338
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Can we get back to the patch itself and the opinions of it instead of this thread being about you and how forums should operate?
Look, others questioned what I wrote and I replied to them.

I am not demanding how this or any other forum should operate. I have given an example of how the forum I moderated did operate. They can do whatever they like here. At my age, I am not interested anymore.

Okay, countryboy, go forward

Have a nice day!
Old 05-05-2016, 01:47 PM   #339
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Based on nomo's testing (you can see it in his slider thread) he found that it has a profound difference. He's also doing CPUvsCPU so no user error considerations.

I've also seen it myself when I was using 10/10 (on All-Star) and was lucky to see 25-30% SB success from either side (and most of them weren't even close). I queue the steal or sometimes the runners go on their own (autobaserunning).

When I adopted his 4/4 (still on All-Star) setting, it all opened up. Guys can be threats, SB rate got pretty decent. He saw the same thing, which is what made him move down in testing.

Just curious, what's your team's steal success rate and how do you steal? Maybe that's the difference? Are you at/over MLB average (71%)?

I am not sure what my team' steal success rate is just started a franchise yesterday. I had been trying to find the right sliders and difficulty level to play on and been watching NBA playoffs. So I haven't had a lot of time to play but I do know that both me and the CPU are more successful then we are unsuccessful. I steal by pushing the steal button that makes it so your guy goes right when the pitcher starts his motion to home plate. That is with both baserunner speed and baserunner steal ability at 5. Have you tried upping baserunner steal ability to see if you can have a higher steal success with high pitch speed?

Last edited by Smallville102001; 05-05-2016 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:52 PM   #340
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

So after playing a few games with the new patch, I'm satisfied and happy with the game.

Mr. Kodii Rockets can attest to how realistic a number 5 starter is against a formidable lineup.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2016, 01:57 PM   #341
LGM

Arizito Sports's Arena

OVR: 3
Does anybody know what face player scan was updated ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 02:01 PM   #342
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
One thing I noticed post patch was that the AI seems to be matching up pitchers better than they had previously. In my game vs the Rockies, they brought in a left hander, after the righty gave up a double to Rios, to face Carpenter and Hazelbaker, walked Holliday and pitched to Moss. He got all 3 outs facing lefties.
Hmm..makes me wonder what the AI will do vs Ichiro going forward (he's a LHB that's much better vs LHP). Might be even more of a reason to keep him around.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:02 PM   #343
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Hmm..makes me wonder what the AI will do vs Ichiro going forward (he's a LHB that's much better vs LHP). Might be even more of a reason to keep him around.
Yeah I don't know if it was coincidence or something to it. Definitely going to have to continue playing to see how it plays out.

I'll be interested to hear/read how the cpu handles Ichiro.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-05-2016, 02:03 PM   #344
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I am not sure what my team' steal success rate is just started a franchise yesterday. I had been trying to find the right sliders and difficulty level to play on and been watching NBA playoffs. So I haven't had a lot of time to play but I do know that both me and the CPU are more successful then we are unsuccessful. I steal by pushing the steal button that makes it so your guy goes right when the pitcher starts his motion to home plate. That is with both baserunner speed and baserunner steal ability at 5. Have you tried upping baserunner steal ability to see if you can have a higher steal success with high pitch speed?

I already had that slider at 10 (as does nomo)

I tried raising baserunner speed (slider, not rating), saw no difference. Lowered infield arm strength (even though it says it doesn't impact catchers - might be old description, etc), no change.

Literally, the only thing that improved it for me was lowering the pitch speeds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »