Home

Predicting the Most Intriguing Teams in NBA 2K17

This is a discussion on Predicting the Most Intriguing Teams in NBA 2K17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-05-2016, 11:04 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Predicting the Most Intriguing Teams in NBA 2K17

NBA 2K17 won't be released until later this year. While the league still has to get through the playoffs, the NBA Draft and free agency, this is a fun time to talk about the future. This is going to be a huge summer for the NBA. It's an offseason like no other, and it's one we may never see again. The intrigue and mystery factors are off the charts.

For instance, the draft has two potential superstar players in Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram. There is a lack of star power after that, but at least two teams are going to come out happy in the end.

There's also this matter of a huge salary cap increase. The likes of Kevin Durant and (maybe) Dwight Howard are going to get these bank-breaking contracts from any team that has the necessary space to get a deal done. With the cap explosion, this means roughly 26 teams can offer a max contract. The upcoming free-agent class is not the strongest, but there's still lots of money to spend. We will probably never have this many teams with max money to spend again, which could mean some wild trades also happen to fill those cap sheets.

But look, I know you're all still looking at me funny. You're saying, "why don't we wait to talk about this once teams have new faces and are settled come August?" Well, what would be the fun in that? The mystery is the best part of the NBA offseason, so let's indulge and try to figure out what teams will be the most intriguing come next season.

Read More - Predicting the Most Intriguing Teams in NBA 2K17
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 12:02 PM   #2
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Predicting the Most Intriguing Teams in NBA 2K17

good article I figured the Celtics would be on the list
Old 05-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

I don't think it's even close that Minnesota is the most intriguing team.

KAT - Best rookie since... Duncan or Shaq?

Lavine, Wiggins, Rubio, Bazz, Dieng, throw in a free agent, Thibs, and a top 5 pick or another veteran if they move the pick.

C'mon, man!
Old 05-05-2016, 12:51 PM   #4
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

OVR: 4
I think the Clippers will be intriguing. Will they trade Blake or Paul is the question? One of the two has to be moved to get more pieces to compete. They don't co-exist to me. Paul needs someone like David West of the old days and Blake would thrive off of someone like KD, Westbrook, Conley, Teague, Melo, or Harden sadly to say.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:55 PM   #5
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

Well I heard some rumors saying the Sixers are looking to get Butler from the Bulls for Okafor...

Butler, Igram/Simmons, Nerlens, Embiid and anyone else in the world we want with all this cap space? We could go get Durant and Howard if we wanted lol.

The thought alone of the Sixers finally having guys willing to do what it takes to get a good team back here in Philly makes it intriguing to me (as a fan mostly).

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 01:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Holy ****! Did I really just read trading away Brandon knight was the worst move since trading Ray Allen? Fire this guy right now. He knows nothing about basketball.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:20 PM   #7
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Well I heard some rumors saying the Sixers are looking to get Butler from the Bulls for Okafor...

Butler, Igram/Simmons, Nerlens, Embiid and anyone else in the world we want with all this cap space? We could go get Durant and Howard if we wanted lol.

The thought alone of the Sixers finally having guys willing to do what it takes to get a good team back here in Philly makes it intriguing to me (as a fan mostly).
That would be a good deal between both teams as long as we get a draft pick from y'all to replace our 2. Unless we would go after a free agent since Pau wants to leave. It would make both teams interesting.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:18 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwiLL23
That would be a good deal between both teams as long as we get a draft pick from y'all to replace our 2. Unless we would go after a free agent since Pau wants to leave. It would make both teams interesting.

That would be one of the worst trades in NBA history. Butler is light years better than Okafor at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »