Home

MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-05-2016, 11:31 AM   #329
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
For me, the game has gotten even better post patch.
Same here. Then again, I don't sweat the small things, though I do notice. Working in a profession that absolutely requires attention to detail and perfection, it feels good to not HAVE to look for that when I'm trying to unwind by playing my video game. It works both ways too. I can certainly notice the small improvements that each update has brought, as well. Like someone brought up before (in past years), I don't get caught up in the hoopla, I "just play" and I greatly enjoy it that way.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 05-05-2016, 11:33 AM   #330
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Same here. Then again, I don't sweat the small things, though I do notice. Working in a profession that absolutely requires attention to detail and perfection, it feels good to not HAVE to look for that when I'm trying to unwind by playing my video game. It works both ways too. I can certainly notice the small improvements that each update has brought, as well. Like someone brought up before (in past years), I don't get caught up in the hoopla, I "just play" and I greatly enjoy it that way.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
I just play as well. I focus more on what the game does right vs what it gets wrong. Are there things that I wish were better/fixed/added? Certainly. But those things are far outweighed by what they game gets right.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-05-2016, 11:33 AM   #331
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Was it not clear that once CleveCluby responded anyone could answer? I liken this to the forum I moderated for over 10 years. We are all in a room, lots of us. A conversation is started between Bill and John, the others, including Jim are in same room. Bill asks John a question, but before John can answer, Jim pops in trying to answer for John, or just wanting to express his answer. John says please don't interrupt me and proceeds to answer the question. Courtesy, I guess there was more respect and courtesy on the forum I moderated.
The difference in the dynamic between real life and an Internet forum are so different. We don't have instant feedback on a forum and I don't understand how you interrupt someone on a text based discussion platform.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 12:14 PM   #332
Rookie

Flames24Rulz's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
My only issue is that now Cloud saves arent working. I transfer my saves between PS4s in my bedroom and my livingroom and its not working anymore. It says "cannot download data"

Frustrating how this hasn't been addressed yet.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:40 PM   #333
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
The difference in the dynamic between real life and an Internet forum are so different. We don't have instant feedback on a forum and I don't understand how you interrupt someone on a text based discussion platform.
Doesn't have to be instant feedback. Patience is a virtue

Point is, at least for me, people should be allowed to answer before others chime in. I read what CleveCluby wrote and was interested in what he had to say. A & S had posted a number of times with lengthy regard to how much he enjoyed this game. The question in my mind was how does CleveCluby answer.

As for the hypothetical case presented in my previous post, well, that is how we did it on the forum where I moderated. If someone asked so-and-so a question, they waited for him to reply before popping in. If the question or comment was in the general sense, anyone could chime in.

Sometimes people don't want/like others answering for them. The weight of ones answer can be diluted by someone else speaking first.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:46 PM   #334
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I don't think pitch speed makes a difference with being able to steal bases. I play with pitch speed at 5/7 on HOF and both me and the CPU have a pretty good steal %. So I have to disagree with you that the pitch speed kills base stealing.
Based on nomo's testing (you can see it in his slider thread) he found that it has a profound difference. He's also doing CPUvsCPU so no user error considerations.

I've also seen it myself when I was using 10/10 (on All-Star) and was lucky to see 25-30% SB success from either side (and most of them weren't even close). I queue the steal or sometimes the runners go on their own (autobaserunning).

When I adopted his 4/4 (still on All-Star) setting, it all opened up. Guys can be threats, SB rate got pretty decent. He saw the same thing, which is what made him move down in testing.

Just curious, what's your team's steal success rate and how do you steal? Maybe that's the difference? Are you at/over MLB average (71%)?

Last edited by KBLover; 05-05-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:48 PM   #335
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
As for the hypothetical case presented in my previous post, well, that is how we did it on the forum where I moderated. If someone asked so-and-so a question, they waited for him to reply before popping in. If the question or comment was in the general sense, anyone could chime in.
Different forums are like different countries - they all have their own rules, governing bodies, and cultures.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 12:55 PM   #336
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Different forums are like different countries - they all have their own rules, governing bodies, and cultures.
I guess you're right.

Have a nice day!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »