Home

Do You Care About Dangerous Hits in Madden?

This is a discussion on Do You Care About Dangerous Hits in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-29-2016, 09:01 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Do You Care About Dangerous Hits in Madden?

-------
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I would have to argue that the hit stick should stay in game, and what needs to be addressed is better animations and player bracing for a hit they are logically aware of, such as a defender coming straight at a ball carrier head on; any real person would brace, lower a shoulder or try to truck through the opposition; in Madden the ball carrier stays upright and runs right into most big hits.
Amen.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:26 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 13
I care very much - that these kinds of hits be included. And that is why football is more fun these days in video games than in real life. I love the bone rattling hit by a safety on a WR daring to go across the middle. Not so much the late hits the posted clips show (those I could do without). I don't like that a defender has to worry about whether an offensive player lowers his head or not. Football is a contact sport - you will get hit. I don't want to see anyone hurt, so I get the new rules in the modern NFL. But I miss the physical intimidation that used to be present. I want that in my videogame version!
Old 05-02-2016, 01:46 PM   #75
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
I think the issue comes into play when it's a good hit, or a bad hit, and not just the result of animations not executing properly and looking bad, when the game meant for them to be bad.

I guess the NHL series is my best point to talk from, as I haven't played Madden in years. Also, I think the NHL series is easier to have a more black-and-white look at hits, rather than the potentially grey hits in Madden, judging by these clips.

I think in game bad hits should be realistically punished. I think it's one of the frustrating aspects of the EA series. Aside from the fact that the penalties seem to be entirely random at times (a hit from the side can get you a 5 minute major, while a clear hit from behind can injure your player and only get a 2 minute penalty) there's no suspension, no fines...no reason not to do it.

If you skate into a player without the puck and just level them, you don't get suspended for X number of games, you at worst get kicked out of that game. But if you did it to their star player and injured them, you're hardly at a loss for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 06:04 PM   #76
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

This is what a hit looks like!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ER9u6-wx_gM
If EA could get defenders to naturally roll back on their feet and have all 1 fluid motion in hits. It's not just the hit, it's the attitude in the hit, Before, during and after.
We DO need hits to matter! I used to dominate on defense w/ Sean Taylor in Madden, he would LAY THE WOOD! We need the "Hit stick" to bring more variety to the table. I would like more options on how we do lay the wood, that would be good!
Just how EA added more catching options/animations, do the same for the D!

See how he drives his whole body through the player!
#Meast21RIP

Last edited by D81SKINS; 05-02-2016 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:44 AM   #77
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Honestly as long as the hits are realistic I am fine with them. I just don't want to see over the top hit that you would never see on Sunday.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-03-2016, 08:37 AM   #78
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

I think the "clean-up" hits need to be tuned accordingly and if not penalties and possible injuries need to occur. I like the way the "conservative" tackles have been added but the range of the conservative tackle is far too wide. I personally started calling them SUPERMAN tackles. And I've been thinking for a while now that the "aggressive/hit-stick" tackles need to be removed as a whole. If a guy has high hit power he'll still be able to force fumbles with a "conservative" tackle just not at as high of a rate with the "aggressive" tackle. And with the era of hard hits pretty much dead in the NFL i think it needs to die too within Madden. I mean aren't we trying to simulate the NFL we see on Sunday, this isn't the glory days of football anymore. With all the awareness of head injuries and such and lowering the target area of hits I think the "hit-stick" needs to be laid to rest
Old 05-03-2016, 09:15 AM   #79
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
I think the "clean-up" hits need to be tuned accordingly and if not penalties and possible injuries need to occur. I like the way the "conservative" tackles have been added but the range of the conservative tackle is far too wide. I personally started calling them SUPERMAN tackles. And I've been thinking for a while now that the "aggressive/hit-stick" tackles need to be removed as a whole. If a guy has high hit power he'll still be able to force fumbles with a "conservative" tackle just not at as high of a rate with the "aggressive" tackle. And with the era of hard hits pretty much dead in the NFL i think it needs to die too within Madden. I mean aren't we trying to simulate the NFL we see on Sunday, this isn't the glory days of football anymore. With all the awareness of head injuries and such and lowering the target area of hits I think the "hit-stick" needs to be laid to rest
I see yoir point, and understand where you are coming from, but on a fun level, I enjoy the hit stick; I would like ball carriers to brace for obvious big hits, such as those coming from a defender going for a hit from the head on position.

For me, the hit stick provides some of the old school hitting I remember as a kid; back when football was more violent and exciting from a defensive perspective..Now it is more about long passes and spectacular catches; the defense is left on the sidelines and Madden more closely resembles a basketball game; whoever scores last, wins..

Obviously the hit stick isn't what stops offenses from scoring, but it does help make defense fun, when you can punish a ball carrier, when that is all we have for fun on defense, for the most part...

As for defense, when playing the CPU, I would like to see more time before he snap to make adjustments; the offense of the CPU seems to always be in "hurry up" mode, and it makes defense rather boring because a player has a very small window to adjust, and we have a lot of adjustments we can do on defense but just not much time.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:39 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 1
Big hits rarely feel like big hits in Madden anymore. D is so boring when you line a guy up and go in to lay him out and it does some awkward hug and they fall to the ground.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »