Home

MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-02-2016, 12:42 PM   #161
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Here Are The Details

SotS still causes a hard crash when trying to delete songs with a large catalog of .mp3s. I'm really hoping for a fix for this somewhere down the road as the only resolution I can find is to reinstall the game and re-import all .mp3s, which as you can imagine takes a lot of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 12:48 PM   #162
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
I assume folks comments are largely directed to online issues. I only play offline. Although there are some frustrating bugs (I have submitted bug reports), with the obvious exception of auto baserunning that made game almost unplayable (hopefully now fixed), I have absolutely loved this version. Despite the auto baserunning issue, I can't stop playing. I can't say same for last year version. I am in mid May playing with two franchises and have played every game for both teams. Graphics are amazing, gameplay is fantastic with couple slider tweaks, commentary is much improved, and SOTS is awesome. And this is not likely the last patch. That said, I think SCEA would do well to release a beta version of game about 1 month before release so bugs can be identified and fixed. We are seeing this more and more with video games. It would solve a lot of issues for you and for them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
My main concern from feedback is swing/pitch feedback being wildly inaccurate post patch. The only real concerns I had pre-patch were auto base running and the god awful framerate which is completely ruining my enjoyment.

The graphics may be slightly better than last year but it's moot at I'm currently watching the game in a juttery mess. Almost nothing is smooth. I understand not everyone can see the FR issues, maybe it's something to do with a difference in vision, but I can see it the vast majority of cutscenes & often during gameplay.

I had a very popular bug report on the show nation which has been deleted. I've asked for an explaination but I know I'm not going to get one. So you can see why I'm pretty despondent at the moment.

I agree that a delay in the release while the game gets rigorously tested would be in everyone's interest BUT it's all about money these days. Which means there's no way it'd happen.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #163
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Patch downloaded and installed on it's own for me. So am I good to go offline franchise or are issues popping up there as well?
Old 05-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #164
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I just went to a game in the middle of July and, well....
What about the third AB on?.....
Old 05-02-2016, 12:59 PM   #165
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
What about the third AB on?.....
Didn't show up for him for his third at-bat. So, not every time. Saying it doesn't happen every at-bat is different from saying "It's still missing after the first at-bat".

That statement led me to believe it wasn't appearing at all. It is, which also means it wasn't a design decision to completely remove it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 01:05 PM   #166
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Didn't show up for him for his third at-bat. So, not every time. Saying it doesn't happen every at-bat is different from saying "It's still missing after the first at-bat".

That statement led me to believe it wasn't appearing at all. It is, which also means it wasn't a design decision to completely remove it.
I should have been more clear. It was always random after the first AB and never after the 2nd AB where the stats showed up.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:11 PM   #167
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
I should have been more clear. It was always random after the first AB and never after the 2nd AB where the stats showed up.
All good man. I didn't see it all pre-patch in season/franchise, so maybe I just had the bad random luck. I only played 3 games that I could call "Real Franchise games" with the full presentation - a lot of my time spent in those modes has been in fast play. I wasn't really looking for it before. Was pretty surprised to see it pop on the first at-bat I checked after fast-forwarding.

Any chance its frequency is related to the 3 different broadcast presentations?
Old 05-02-2016, 01:12 PM   #168
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I am going to play several offline franchise games and report back late this evening.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1 Pre-Season
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »