Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-27-2016, 01:10 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSNation
My PS4 copy shipped from Play Asia today!

The amount of Japanese text honestly scares me. There seems to be a lot of really cool stuff in the game, but I'll probably never get to mess with it because of the language barrier
Glenn?????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #146
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSNation
My PS4 copy shipped from Play Asia today!

The amount of Japanese text honestly scares me. There seems to be a lot of really cool stuff in the game, but I'll probably never get to mess with it because of the language barrier
Yeah you won't be able to get much out of MyLife and Success mode unless you can read Japanese since they are so story driven.

Pennant mode is definitely the way the go for non-Japanese speakers. The rosters are easy to manage due to all of the icons in the menus.

Looks like Amazon Japan is going to deliver the game on Monday next week.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:51 PM   #147
Rookie

RNunez187's Arena

OVR: 4

My copy from Play Asia also shipped and will be here by 1030am tomorrow according to FedEx. Too bad I work until 330pm
Old 04-27-2016, 11:27 PM   #148
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Vernon already has the settings menus translated for Power Pros 2016 over at spiritstranslations:

http://powerprotranslation.com/setti...gs_2016-4.html

Dunno if the Vita version's menus are different than the PS4 version's but I doubt it given Konami's recent history with their ports (they're usually identical).
Old 04-28-2016, 02:52 AM   #149
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Has there ever been any explanation as to why Konami's Power Pro and Pro Yakyuu Spirits doesn't have english or other region translations (spanish, french, etc. etc.) built into the game similar to other games on the market? Is it simply a license issue?

Just ran a youtube search for other games, even other Konami games, along with tags "spanish" "french" within the title and footage shows the translation built directly in the game.

I bought one copy of Konami's Professional Baseball Spirits PS3 once, tried navigating the menu blindly and played several games but decided it's simple too much of a hassle. Still a fantastic game for "play now" exhibition matches, but trying to get through a season is more work than I would like.

If only ...
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 04-28-2016, 06:48 AM   #150
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2

Now i know after seeing this, the Fox engine is better than anything else out there.
Look at how the baseball transitions to a larger size when the pitcher misses his snap. Look at the Frame rates. It's smoother than Tennessee whiskey.

Makes MLB The Show look choppy.

Look at the Catchers expression when the pitcher gets crushed. It's priceless.

Last edited by C.J.S.; 04-28-2016 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:02 PM   #151
Pro

OVR: 0

The game is indeed smooth, just played a bit yesterday was working on figuring out some of the settings etc. as this is my first experience with Power Pros.

Here is a stream of someone playing.

https://www.twitch.tv/acwallace/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2016, 12:47 PM   #152
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Just ordered this from Play-Asia - can't wait.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »