Home

Do You Care About Dangerous Hits in Madden?

This is a discussion on Do You Care About Dangerous Hits in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-26-2016, 08:57 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
I always revert to the standard that it is a game played from a couch by using fingers and buttons. No matter how realistic the games become, there is always a power or reset button. Games can only mimic reality and never become reality.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:07 PM   #58
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Do You Care About Dangerous Hits in Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreneel
I want the helmet popping off like back in the days... It's still a video game... Chill with the realism... Lol
Start with a petition to the owners and Goodell and the No Fun League.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:53 PM   #59
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
Big hits are part of the game, my fear is that they would OVER do it with arcadey animations or POORLY render it so that it breaks the laws of physics in the game.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:59 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 3

I want more big hits with less of a heat seeking effect. Hit sticks should be easier to avoid.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:15 PM   #61
Rookie

Big hits play a much bigger part in real football than they do in Madden.

Upping their impact on Madden would only be an improvement.

Balance is important though. Make the players land them. No auto or suction aspects to big hits, please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2016, 12:32 AM   #62
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

The only question we have to ask ourselves when it comes to this subject is this. Is the NFL willing to work with EA in allowing "big hits" or "dangerous hits" allowing it in Madden but properly doing so? I get it, the NFL had concussions removed from Madden because of concussion issues. If the NFL and EA worked together, make it reflect real life and players would have to sit out a play or two after getting a head injury just like in real life.

EA would have to implement some alert system in the "Things To Do" menu within CFM where you would check on the status of a player with a concussion. You then get the report of how long he will be out and each week you'll have a status alert that informs you his progress and when he is fully healed.

That's a good compromise to bring back Concussions into the game. Then work together on how to properly handle other injuries within Madden. Then certain hits would be penalized, work with EA on when a certain hit is made and animation is done, a flag is thrown to reflect what we see on Sundays. That way you don't sacrifice big hits, and now you can teach people in Madden how the NFL handles injuries and the safety, etc.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:03 AM   #63
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
The only question we have to ask ourselves when it comes to this subject is this. Is the NFL willing to work with EA in allowing "big hits" or "dangerous hits" allowing it in Madden but properly doing so? I get it, the NFL had concussions removed from Madden because of concussion issues. If the NFL and EA worked together, make it reflect real life and players would have to sit out a play or two after getting a head injury just like in real life.

EA would have to implement some alert system in the "Things To Do" menu within CFM where you would check on the status of a player with a concussion. You then get the report of how long he will be out and each week you'll have a status alert that informs you his progress and when he is fully healed.

That's a good compromise to bring back Concussions into the game. Then work together on how to properly handle other injuries within Madden. Then certain hits would be penalized, work with EA on when a certain hit is made and animation is done, a flag is thrown to reflect what we see on Sundays. That way you don't sacrifice big hits, and now you can teach people in Madden how the NFL handles injuries and the safety, etc.
You make a very good and valid point!!! It cracks me up when I hear that the NFL wants so much control over a video game... in the uniform error thread someone actually said that teams play in their uniforms because that's what the NFL wants, instead of allowing us to dress them in throwback unis.

But what's really crazy is all this control they have, we still see ridiculous stuff like players being hit out of bounds, that in real life, would definitely draw a flag. You see it on kickoff returns a lot.

But your point is great... if the NFL loosens up, they could help teach people - mostly kids - but they could teach them the right and wrong way to play the game of football. But I seriously doubt that the NFL will ever see it that way. So...

Old 04-27-2016, 09:40 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by perksg
I always revert to the standard that it is a game played from a couch by using fingers and buttons. No matter how realistic the games become, there is always a power or reset button. Games can only mimic reality and never become reality.
When I play EA's NHL game, NBA 2K, and MLB The Show, I forget I'm playing a video game. That's how realistic those games are. That's where Madden needs to get to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »