Home

MLB The Show 16: Talking Game Modes (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16: Talking Game Modes (Roundtable) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-20-2016, 06:48 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
No love for Season mode, what gives?
Old 04-20-2016, 07:34 PM   #10
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
I'm really enjoying RTTS simply because the gameplay and the look of the game is addicting. Everything looks realistic from variety of hits to a strong most of the animation.

Side-notes: When importing my MLB 15 player, it switched up my city of birth and it doesn't look possible, hope that can get fixed. I'd just like my New York instead of Michigan lol
Also something weird happening with my guy's OVR when the yankees changed my position. I dropped 2 OVR points but in roster areas the OVR is as if I never did so I'm seeing 2 different OVR for my player depending on the screen I'm at.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:32 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2
Played a few games Battle Royal. Connection was really good. But in three games I played against trolls: One just did not start pitching. After around 5 minutes I left the game: Lost game. On two occasions I equaled the score in the bottom of the third with no outs. And then - out of a sudden - the formerly perfect connection was lost. Instead of getting at least a draw I lost the games. This really ruins the experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 04:58 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6
I'm loving the Conquest mode and 3 inning games - I'm currently going through my second run through it. Battle Royale is fun becasue of the rosters, but then i realised it's 1500 stubbs to join all the time,, and i'd much rather spend the coin on players in the market than an admision fee. Great stuff this year form SDS
Old 04-26-2016, 06:17 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB The Show 16: Talking Game Modes (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny

An RPG game is a story driven experience. This is a sim sport game, you build your own story playing game after game. There's no need of narrative or script and i don't want to play a fictional character with an established background. Maybe that's a good idea for a tutorial mode, in which through the story of Joe Random you learn the basics of baseball. What RTTS mode desperately needs is more immersion and more relationship with your teammates. Those are key features to build a story in a sport game. It's not only about you, it's about you and who is around you. Who they like, who they dislike, what they think about you, about your performance, who is more friendly, who's not, etc... .
A sort of relationship system, something like the new morale one.

And what's ironic about that...is that's the story he's talking about not having.

RTTS is like a pen and paper RPG...you make a character and the "adventures" he has playing through the baseball season, his streaks, slumps, injuries, etc., and throw in better interactions like you mention...THAT is the story.

I mean not ALL RPGs are like jRPGs like Chrono Trigger.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:47 PM   #14
Pro

Stolm's Arena

I'm trying, but I can't get into RTTS this year.

Too many issues.

Can't play the game the way I want to anymore.

Last edited by Stolm; 04-26-2016 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:54 AM   #15
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
And what's ironic about that...is that's the story he's talking about not having.

RTTS is like a pen and paper RPG...you make a character and the "adventures" he has playing through the baseball season, his streaks, slumps, injuries, etc., and throw in better interactions like you mention...THAT is the story.

I mean not ALL RPGs are like jRPGs like Chrono Trigger.
Yep. You can also bump immersion with simple generic cutscenes and better view of the game while you're not playing ( if they don't remove at all the watch game option ). For example, both NBA 2K and NHL have great cameras from the bench. And you can skip between bench camera and the default ones. In The Show it seems like you're watching the game from "deck".
So i'm with you. It's an rpg mode which needs more stats and immersion/atmosphere features to represent your life in the clubhouse. Not a classic story, but a better way to create your own story which is, like you said, streaks, slumps, injuries, records, etc... .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #16
Rookie

OtherMoon2's Arena

OVR: 1
The Online Franchise is an absolute joke, especially when you compare it to other Online Franchise modes in other sports games. It is clear that Sony SD Studio is more concerned with money earned from Diamond Dynasty, versus creating a complete game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »