Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-19-2016, 02:59 AM   #105
Rookie

tbbuccaneer87's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws
I couldn't agree more! This game is great, but it needs so much more to become the ultimate sports game. Dynamic weather and rain delays/rain outs are all part of baseball realism. Sorry, but more modes do not do it for me! Dynamic weather should have been in by now, considering how many years this game has been around. I like ultimate realism! It's a matter of priorities.
I agree! Rotating future schedules needs to be in the game too!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2016, 09:28 PM   #106
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream Starts Now - Graphics Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
I love the Show and buy it every single year and I think it looks a lot better this year with the PBR and what they've added. My question is why do you think they go into so much detail on things we will never see while playing the game? Such as the picture frames in a suite booth, or the nice reflections on lamps in certain areas. As this all looks really cool...when do we ever see this besides when they do fly cam streams like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because, someone will go looking for things like this and point out how wrong it is..............just ask merchant1874. In MLB 14 he did exactly what you just said and went into Safco Field and took a picture of the rafters at the top of the stadium and pointed out how it looked like a carboard cutout rather than a solid object. You might think it's pointless, but there will always be someone out there that takes it to the extreme.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:02 AM   #107
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

Love the game guys, unbelievable work this year as always. Played for 10 years and over the years it's slowly become the only game in my system.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:27 AM   #108
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by showaddict
Love the game guys, unbelievable work this year as always. Played for 10 years and over the years it's slowly become the only game in my system.
Welcome to OS and nice user name
Old 03-23-2016, 10:41 AM   #109
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Welcome to OS and nice user name
----------------

Old 03-23-2016, 12:04 PM   #110
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Because, someone will go looking for things like this and point out how wrong it is..............just ask merchant1874. In MLB 14 he did exactly what you just said and went into Safco Field and took a picture of the rafters at the top of the stadium and pointed out how it looked like a carboard cutout rather than a solid object. You might think it's pointless, but there will always be someone out there that takes it to the extreme.
The solution would be to ignore the .0000001% of people who obsess over stuff like that. It's great the devs take the time to get the stadiums looking realistic but at some point the focus on things a tiny minority of users will ever notice takes developer time away from other things which larger groups of people would like to see in the game.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:10 PM   #111
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
The solution would be to ignore the .0000001% of people who obsess over stuff like that. It's great the devs take the time to get the stadiums looking realistic but at some point the focus on things a tiny minority of users will ever notice takes developer time away from other things which larger groups of people would like to see in the game.
The stadium artists only work on stadiums, so it would only be taking dev time away from other stadium things. Since the stadiums in this game are damn near perfect, I don't think we're missing out on much by them working on the tiny details.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2016, 03:32 PM   #112
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
The stadium artists only work on stadiums, so it would only be taking dev time away from other stadium things. Since the stadiums in this game are damn near perfect, I don't think we're missing out on much by them working on the tiny details.
Dang, is spring training really so unpopular that pictures in distant windows take precedent over having more than 2 spring training stadiums? I'm not claiming that's an equivalent workload (that would be ridiculous) or that the devs SHOULD make more, it's just that as a spring training lover it hurts me a little to see that so many skip over it enough to justify pictures in windows more.

But the devs provide what the consumers want, and there is no denying that MLB stadiums should get the most attention.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »