Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-17-2016, 05:19 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

The question might have been answered already so I apologize but how can you they'll the difference between if a player is face scanned compared to generic ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2016, 05:28 PM   #98
cws
Rookie

cws's Arena

Smile Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
What is wrong with rain delays? Rain plays a big part in a sport that is played in the Spring.

I'm not saying that there should be 45 minute delays. What I'm saying is that there should be:

A. Dynamic weather. A huge part of any outdoor sport is changing weather conditions. For example, a game that starts sunny but then get light drizzle late in the game.

B. Short rain delay cutscenes (tarps getting rolled out, etc.)

C. Games should be able to get delayed/rained out in season mode. If this happens, the game would be rescheduled. Or played later that day, which would be a perfect way to show off the new time of day lighting and shadowing they added to this game.

All of these things happen in the real MLB and need to be in a simulation game.
I couldn't agree more! This game is great, but it needs so much more to become the ultimate sports game. Dynamic weather and rain delays/rain outs are all part of baseball realism. Sorry, but more modes do not do it for me! Dynamic weather should have been in by now, considering how many years this game has been around. I like ultimate realism! It's a matter of priorities.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:37 PM   #99
All Star

Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

I don't think this is hijacking the thread since Nick won the developer tournament and his favorite player was LaRoche - this is an interesting story.

Further details on the Adam LaRoche situation
Old 03-17-2016, 06:04 PM   #100
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stbase
The question might have been answered already so I apologize but how can you they'll the difference between if a player is face scanned compared to generic ?

Go look at Jorge Soler from MLB 15.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:22 PM   #101
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stbase

Some of the generics are decent but some look nothing like the player which are the ones that bug me especially if it's a star player......but the face scanned guys look almost dead on and that's how u can usually tell

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2016, 11:00 PM   #102
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

With all of this work done with PBR on surfaces, it make me hope they work on the players appearance a lot next year, because that is an area they really need to work on (skin textures and body models especially). It is great right now, but it can be better

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html
Old 03-18-2016, 09:13 PM   #103
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

After all the footage... I only have one thing to say... Give the people the free-lance/sky cam.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:03 PM   #104
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
What is wrong with rain delays? Rain plays a big part in a sport that is played in the Spring.

I'm not saying that there should be 45 minute delays. What I'm saying is that there should be:

A. Dynamic weather. A huge part of any outdoor sport is changing weather conditions. For example, a game that starts sunny but then get light drizzle late in the game.

B. Short rain delay cutscenes (tarps getting rolled out, etc.)

C. Games should be able to get delayed/rained out in season mode. If this happens, the game would be rescheduled. Or played later that day, which would be a perfect way to show off the new time of day lighting and shadowing they added to this game.

All of these things happen in the real MLB and need to be in a simulation game.
I'd like a cut scene of a tarp rolling out, even make a persons hat flying off and they run and get it. But I think it would bring more strategy. If it's raining with the dynamic weather, you can start with a light drizzle. Then each inning it gets worse. Finally have an ump call it. Cue the cut scene. Then after the scene you would go to the pitcher screen. Their stamina would be lower. Then you have a choice to bring them back into the game or have a new pitcher come in, which would have to make you think about the next game.

Even having a game cancelled. You get up to the date of a double header. You have to rest players, then split some of your squad for both games.
So, something which people don't understand why we would like a feature like this, would bring more to the game.

Plus as you're playing and the rain is getting worse, you will think is this going to get delayed or will we finish this game all the way through with no delay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »