Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-17-2016, 12:27 PM   #89
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
I don't want to make a new thread for a couple questions, so I figured Id ask them here.

1.Anyone tell me if we can see foul balls go into the crowd this year??
2.can you see the flight of the ball come off the bat when you are on defense?? (I know last year they made it so you can see this while on offense. loved it.)
3. Can we use rosters from last years game?? example. I use fictional players. I wanted to use a fictional roster somebody made for mlb 15 last year?? is that possible, instead of making a whole new one this year.

thanks
With regards to #2.

You would have to be pitching from the hitting view to get the same view of the ball off the bat, wouldn't you?
Old 03-17-2016, 01:10 PM   #90
All Star

Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Graphics Improvements & Dev. Tournament Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
What is wrong with rain delays? Rain plays a big part in a sport that is played in the Spring.

I'm not saying that there should be 45 minute delays. What I'm saying is that there should be:

A. Dynamic weather. A huge part of any outdoor sport is changing weather conditions. For example, a game that starts sunny but then get light drizzle late in the game.

B. Short rain delay cutscenes (tarps getting rolled out, etc.)

C. Games should be able to get delayed/rained out in season mode. If this happens, the game would be rescheduled. Or played later that day, which would be a perfect way to show off the new time of day lighting and shadowing they added to this game.

All of these things happen in the real MLB and need to be in a simulation game.
Rain delays for me would be a boring waste of time. Just my opinion.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:18 PM   #91
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
With regards to #2.

You would have to be pitching from the hitting view to get the same view of the ball off the bat, wouldn't you?
nope.
I hit and pitch from the pitcher view, and you could see the bat on ball contact when hitting only.
I use auto fielding- so that's why it wouldn't bother me if it was in the defense camera as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2016, 01:24 PM   #92
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
1. I believe you will see a FEW more this year, IIRC.
2. That would it make it more difficult to play defense, especially on hard it balls. Unless, you're playing auto-fielding. Even then it could effect reaction time for preloading throws, of hard hit balls. Unless of course, you are using auto throw too.
3. [Sorry, you've reached your couple question limit]

Spoiler

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
so for #3- if somebody starts a franchise in mlb 16 with last years fictional roster file, can they save them as a mlb 2016 roster and post them on this site for upload in 2016??? is that possible?
Old 03-17-2016, 01:29 PM   #93
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
so for #3- if somebody starts a franchise in mlb 16 with last years fictional roster file, can they save them as a mlb 2016 roster and post them on this site for upload in 2016??? is that possible?
No. You'd have to start a franchise in 15, and then use year-to-year saves to continue in 16. The rosters are no good outside of that particular franchise (save).

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 03-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #94
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Or....start one in '15 with the fictional.....transfer it over to '16...making sure to start the franchise with CPU ROSTER CONTROL set to ON.....then once in '16 use the feature to export the players from the franchise and import them into a roster.

HOPEFULLY....CPU ROSTER CONTROL is still a feature so that we can utilize this.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-17-2016, 01:48 PM   #95
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

A free roam camera that you could place in the stands would be fun to watch for sim games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2016, 02:06 PM   #96
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Or....start one in '15 with the fictional.....transfer it over to '16...making sure to start the franchise with CPU ROSTER CONTROL set to ON.....then once in '16 use the feature to export the players from the franchise and import them into a roster.

HOPEFULLY....CPU ROSTER CONTROL is still a feature so that we can utilize this.

M.K.
Knight165
Hopefully this year if you don't use 30 team control you can carry over a save without being forced into GM mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »