Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-12-2016, 12:05 AM   #497
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
But the draft in game is only 5 rounds. So that shouldnt matter.
More around 7 but I see you're point. Forgot all about that. I don't know then. Maybe it simply isn't a requested feature and is harder to implement that we know.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:33 AM   #498
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Does anyone know whether there's confirmation on these fixes:

1) Dropped third strikes with runners on at least 1B and 2 outs, the game forces us to make a throw for the out when this should not be the case. (Rule 6.05 I believe)

2) Runners should NOT be credited with a SB on a run and hit where the ball is put in play.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #499
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Does anyone know whether there's confirmation on these fixes:

1) Dropped third strikes with runners on at least 1B and 2 outs, the game forces us to make a throw for the out when this should not be the case. (Rule 6.05 I believe)

2) Runners should NOT be credited with a SB on a run and hit where the ball is put in play.
1) Actually, with two outs, the out ALWAYS has to be made at first regardless of baserunners. It is with 0 and 1 out that a runner on 1B makes the throw unecessary.

2) I agree that this was a huge bug last year. Also, on a run and hit where the ball is put in play, runners were given a CS if they were forced or tagged out. This is a huge bug that throws off statistical balance.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:57 PM   #500
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
More around 7 but I see you're point. Forgot all about that. I don't know then. Maybe it simply isn't a requested feature and is harder to implement that we know.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft...ks-will-click/

For rounds 6-10 only 21% make it to MLB and only 6% last 3 years. The results regress the lower in the draft a player is taken. After round 20 only 1% last 3 years in MLB.

To replicate the MLB draft you would be populating the game with close to 1,000 extra players every year the vast majority of whom are worthless filler for milb squads.

The current system in the show is done so the devs can replicate a franchise in future years which has an adequate number of MLB level players without overwhelming the game with worthless players. MLB does it to keep their milb affiliates populated with an adequate number of players with a salary which allows those teams to make a profit. For me it would be a chore to go through the system every off season and release 30 worthless players to be replaced by 30 worthless players simply to fill the milb affiliates with cheaper labor.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:02 PM   #501
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce
1) Actually, with two outs, the out ALWAYS has to be made at first regardless of baserunners. It is with 0 and 1 out that a runner on 1B makes the throw unecessary.

2) I agree that this was a huge bug last year. Also, on a run and hit where the ball is put in play, runners were given a CS if they were forced or tagged out. This is a huge bug that throws off statistical balance.
I wonder if the hit and run bug impacts anything other than stats. With progression based stats does the game punish or reward a player based on steals and caught stealing? It sounds like the kind of thing they would fix because it is probably a simple fix.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:07 PM   #502
All Star

double post.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:30 PM   #503
Pro

smiley3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quick question is this game going to be 1080p? Or 720p?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2016, 11:13 PM   #504
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley3
Quick question is this game going to be 1080p? Or 720p?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely 720p for PS3 and I am guessing 1080p on PS4 like last year.

Last edited by Beatles; 03-12-2016 at 11:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »