Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-11-2016, 04:27 PM   #489
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I just edit the skin tone, names, positions, potential of the top 5-10 picks. Because of the scouting system the game has to generate a bunch of prospects. Would be cool if we could just import some prospects into to the scouting pool. I'm sure guys on OS would be happy to create international and draft eligible players for each year for the community to use.

Which game had importable draft classes? I haven't played an NBA or NFL game in a while, but wasn't there a game that had this or maybe still does?
2k does. Madden did for the longest time
Old 03-11-2016, 04:37 PM   #490
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineersSon
The franchise fact sheet is very bland. Disappointed online franchise was untouched. MLB the show 14 is a beautiful game, the franchise is still very playable with 30 team control. Sticking with it again. I know there are hardcore fans like me who haven't given away there money the last couple years. That's a **** load of money this franchise is losing. Give offline a nba 2k type overhaul and tear, rip apart and show love to online. I'll keep playing 14, it's just as beautiful, get 30 team control, wrigley field glitch isn't there, playoff pitcher stamina isn't tuned wrong and I get Cutch's locks.
They said in one of the streams that playoff pitcher stamina had been fixed. I don't now if that means its back to the way it was in 14 or if its just tuned differently and not as extreme as last year. I'm hoping its the way it was in 14.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #491
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineersSon
I'm sure it did. I never said otherwise. I wasn't bagging the new game, I was just mentioning my disappointment with the franchise upgrades. I rented 15, I didn't see the glaring difference between 14 and 15. I rented 15 to see if the wrigley glitch and the pitcher playoff stamina were true. Some people can spend money at will. We put these old games in our forgotten memory bankk, 14 is a beautiful game. I'll wait on the 16 glitch thread to surface than I'll give it a thought. 65 dollars is a lot of money. That expensive price fuels my opinion. Sorry if I offended.
I don't play online but I can understand the frustration. For me they did a lot in franchise this year although I wanted custom logos to make it from diamond dynasty into franchise and that didn't happen - but it will be well worth the $65 dollars.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:34 PM   #492
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Icon7 Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I just edit the skin tone, names, positions, potential of the top 5-10 picks. Because of the scouting system the game has to generate a bunch of prospects. Would be cool if we could just import some prospects into to the scouting pool. I'm sure guys on OS would be happy to create international and draft eligible players for each year for the community to use.

Which game had importable draft classes? I haven't played an NBA or NFL game in a while, but wasn't there a game that had this or maybe still does?
Madden used to have editable draft classes but starting with M15 they removed this option. Now, it's just computer generated draft classes only. NBA 2K allows them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
2k does. Madden did for the longest time
You are correct sir. Why do you think that SCEA doesn't import/allow this option for such a classy game? It would make things for roster accuracy for future rosters so much easier. Yes, we can get drafted players(real names) from the vault but it's still not the same. I hope they will consider adding this option for 17.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 03-11-2016, 06:43 PM   #493
Banned

Beatles's Arena

I have read a lot of people posting about how NBA2K or Madden has these features and NBA2K can do this and that etc. Well, I would hope that if it was possible to add the features that 2K has, the devs for The Show would have added them by now. Do you think that maybe the certain features of a basketball game can't be done on a baseball game? I have no idea if it's the limitations of the actual game itself or if the devs don't want it to be too similar to NBA2K but I am sure there is more going on behind the scenes than them simply not caring about making all the modes as good as NBA2K's.

Last edited by Beatles; 03-11-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:24 PM   #494
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
You are correct sir. Why do you think that SCEA doesn't import/allow this option for such a classy game? It would make things for roster accuracy for future rosters so much easier. Yes, we can get drafted players(real names) from the vault but it's still not the same. I hope they will consider adding this option for 17.

It's likely due to them having scouting in franchise. The game has to generate a bunch of fake prospects for scouting and those are the draft class. They'd have to allow us to import a roster that is the scouting prospect class and you'd have to do it for each year. Maybe they could let you import 10 players each offseason, but generate the rest. Seems like a hard thing to implement since they've gone down the scouting road.

That or just insert some imported players straight into the draft which would be in addition to the players the game generated for scouting.

Is madden and 2k just a draft class? Do they have scouting like The Show?
Old 03-11-2016, 09:48 PM   #495
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

I think the draft classes aren't downloadable/customizable unlike 2K because of the fact that an MLB Draft is 40 rounds, of 30 teams, from 4 regions, with a lot of players going undrafted. Also NBA and NFL draft classes are easy to follow along with because of the popularity of NCAA Men's Basketball and Football. It's hard to follow NCAA Baseball because of the lack of tv time and exposure compared to the other 2. So it is hard for fans to gather accurate information of enough college players to fill a draft class.

In NBA 2K there are 2 rounds of 32 teams and not all are selected but there are well over 100 prospects but as stated earlier, the amount of exposure top NBA Draft Prospects get throughout their college career especially because of the March Madness Tournament is a lot different from college baseball players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2016, 10:05 PM   #496
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I think the draft classes aren't downloadable/customizable unlike 2K because of the fact that an MLB Draft is 40 rounds, of 30 teams, from 4 regions, with a lot of players going undrafted. Also NBA and NFL draft classes are easy to follow along with because of the popularity of NCAA Men's Basketball and Football. It's hard to follow NCAA Baseball because of the lack of tv time and exposure compared to the other 2. So it is hard for fans to gather accurate information of enough college players to fill a draft class.

In NBA 2K there are 2 rounds of 32 teams and not all are selected but there are well over 100 prospects but as stated earlier, the amount of exposure top NBA Draft Prospects get throughout their college career especially because of the March Madness Tournament is a lot different from college baseball players.
But the draft in game is only 5 rounds. So that shouldnt matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »