Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-10-2016, 10:13 PM   #473
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineersSon
The franchise fact sheet is very bland. Disappointed online franchise was untouched. MLB the show 14 is a beautiful game, the franchise is still very playable with 30 team control. Sticking with it again. I know there are hardcore fans like me who haven't given away there money the last couple years. That's a **** load of money this franchise is losing. Give offline a nba 2k type overhaul and tear, rip apart and show love to online. I'll keep playing 14, it's just as beautiful, get 30 team control, wrigley field glitch isn't there, playoff pitcher stamina isn't tuned wrong and I get Cutch's locks.
Good for you???
Old 03-10-2016, 10:59 PM   #474
Banned

MountaineersSon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Good for you???
Thanks for following up to my opinion, I enjoyed the stream. Definitely the prettiest sports game there is.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:36 PM   #475
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Good for you???
He's allowed to voice his opinion. Just because it does not agree with yours does not mean you need to respond like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2016, 12:09 AM   #476
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

So, no ability to edit drafted players again in 16? I've wanted this to be added for a couple of years now. Being able to do this would make this game so much more realistic. Why not have the ability to edit the draft into real player names for future teams rosters? How hard could this be to implement or is it just that low on the totem pole for consideration?

Also, I assume we still can't just release players from a team roster outside of franchise mode? Forcing to swap players has caused a pain in roster management for far too many years with this game. I actually hate dealing with roster management.

When there are trades in real life I about go crazy trying to find a way in The Show to match what happens. There's no way to get 100% accurate rosters due to this limitation.

Adding to the above. I also assume there are no 2 for 1 trades or multi team player trades?
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 03-11-2016, 01:49 AM   #477
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Forgive me for not wanting to go through 60 pages to find the answer to the following question; can we extend players during the season in Franchise yet? If not, what is the reason?
Old 03-11-2016, 01:54 AM   #478
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles
Forgive me for not wanting to go through 60 pages to find the answer to the following question; can we extend players during the season in Franchise yet? If not, what is the reason?
No and the reason is that the devs don't see it as that important. In reality not that many players receive in-season extensions. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/extensiontracker

I do think it should be added at some point as it's a big part of managing your team, especially regarding young players/prospects. Extending that one player at the right time could make a huge difference (positive or negative) on your franchsie. It just isn't that common in the MLB. Most extensions come in the offseason and are typically designed to buy out arbitration years. It would also let you alleviate some of the tediousness of the offseason in franchise if you could get some of that out of the way during the season.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-11-2016 at 01:56 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:45 AM   #479
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
No and the reason is that the devs don't see it as that important. In reality not that many players receive in-season extensions. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/extensiontracker

I do think it should be added at some point as it's a big part of managing your team, especially regarding young players/prospects. Extending that one player at the right time could make a huge difference (positive or negative) on your franchsie. It just isn't that common in the MLB. Most extensions come in the offseason and are typically designed to buy out arbitration years. It would also let you alleviate some of the tediousness of the offseason in franchise if you could get some of that out of the way during the season.
I don't think that I've ever had a big need for an in season extension, however it would make sense if you were to trade for a guy mid season who had an expiring contract. If I'm going to give up several quality assets for a guy, I'd like to at least be able to try and talk to him about sticking around.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:08 AM   #480
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineersSon
The franchise fact sheet is very bland. Disappointed online franchise was untouched. MLB the show 14 is a beautiful game, the franchirse is still very playable with 30 team control. Sticking with it again. I know there are hardcore fans like me who haven't given away there money the last couple years. That's a **** load of money this franchise is losing. Give offline a nba 2k type overhaul and tear, rip apart and show love to online. I'll keep playing 14, it's just as beautiful, get 30 team control, wrigley field glitch isn't there, playoff pitcher stamina isn't tuned wrong and I get Cutch's locks.
Last year's game was the most lucrative and most purchased game of the franchise... Just sayin'...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »