Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Battle Royale and Conquest Modes (Gamestop)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Battle Royale and Conquest Modes (Gamestop) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-07-2016, 03:38 PM   #49
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Battle Royale and Conquest Modes (Gamestop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
You know its gonna be full of people loading their teams full of power hitters and using power swing every at bat. That's not real baseball this mode is gonna be a gimmick if they keep it at 3 innings what a shame

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk
see the video your roster spots are limited, 1 diamond, 3 gold, 13 bronze etc
Old 03-07-2016, 03:42 PM   #50
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB The Show 16 Video - Battle Royale and Conquest Modes (Gamestop)

Quote:
You know its gonna be full of people loading their teams full of power hitters and using power swing every at bat. That's not real baseball this mode is gonna be a gimmick if they keep it at 3 innings what a shame

The better players should still end up on top. You know going it's 3 innings so draft accordingly. I'd prefer longer to remove the effects of errors and other occurrences that are likely to only affect one of the two players in such a short game.

My concern is if people will stack their team with relievers with better stuff over starters. You know there will be people who draw Neshek and then use them every inning even when their energy is depleted. I love the idea since Hearthstone is a fun balance of risk/reward, but in 3 innings it may come down to how lucky you are drafting. In Hearthstone even mediocre cards can be used for solid strategies. If you draft the equivalent of a 1/1 Hearthstone card in The Show, that player is pretty useless.

Like others I still enjoy playing baseball with traditional baseball strategies. I don't like stacking my team or playing in a way that doesn't feel like baseball, but it's a video game so I will work within the game's systems.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-07-2016 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:46 PM   #51
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

I believe itll be the opposite. Ppl stack their team with speed n try to steal and bunt their way to 1 run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2016, 03:47 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
I believe itll be the opposite. Ppl stack their team with speed n try to steal and bunt their way to 1 run.

Yeah. And speed can be gotten for cheap.

But if they really fixed the bunting and bunt defense this year maybe it won't be quite so overpowered.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:48 PM   #53
Rookie

letsgomets75's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7

Based on the video, every team will have 1 diamond, 2 gold, 8 silver, 13 bronze and 1 common player. It's going to be difficult to "stack" a team in any way.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:00 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 2

If your down 2-0 after the 1st, it's going to be hard to come back most of the time. People are just gonna get pissed in this mode. Rage mode more like it.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:03 PM   #55
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Or they treat it like last 3 innings of the game where they need to manufacture runs with bunting, stealing, sac flys. Risky to count on home runs in 3 inning games, if you hit one great but if there's a dominant pitcher on the mound, gonna need to scratch out a run or two and not rely on long ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2016, 04:06 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Or they treat it like last 3 innings of the game where they need to manufacture runs with bunting, stealing, sac flys. Risky to count on home runs in 3 inning games, if you hit one great but if there's a dominant pitcher on the mound, gonna need to scratch out a run or two and not rely on long ball.
That is what i don't want bunting stealing cheese. I never play that way in DD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »