Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-05-2016, 10:28 AM   #265
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Somewhat unrelated, I was playing 15 this morning and was thinking of starting up a single season as a MiLB team but I couldn't find this option anywhere. Am I missing something? It's such a simple thing, I always just assumed it was there.
No minor league teams in season mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2016, 10:41 AM   #266
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Somewhat unrelated, I was playing 15 this morning and was thinking of starting up a single season as a MiLB team but I couldn't find this option anywhere. Am I missing something? It's such a simple thing, I always just assumed it was there.
Just start up a Franchise and put everything organization related on Auto and play as a minor league team.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2016, 10:52 AM   #267
Pro

OVR: 5

So, if I understand correctly, the enhanced stat tracking is now on the PS3. I find that to be interesting given that it was explained on multiple occasions that the PS3 was maxed out, and there was no space to add additional stat tracking. It was said, when people were calling for more stats on the PS3. It was explicitly stated that the PS3 was maxed out and more stat tracking was not possible.

I know I keep harping on stat tracking, but I don't care. There's so much work that remains to be done, even with the latest enhancements. Until we see stat tracking akin to what I can find on, say, ESPN.com, I will be wanting more.

By that I mean:
1. Sortable team stats
2. Player card with game log, breaking down stats from all games played in the current season (I would expect this to be reset each year in franchise, I don't expect this history to be maintained across seasons)
3. Filters for situational statistics (vs. specific team, home, road, vs. RHP, vs. LHP, by month, pre/post all star break)
4. Tracking awards won historically and having this information available on the player card (for individual awards) and having a "history" section in Franchise mode where you can see historical standings and award winners
5. Robust box scores akin to what you can find on any website (I don't expect this to be carried over across seasons)

I've said multiple times, there are no technical limitations to this, it is simply a matter of available dev resources and prioritization. I don't expect any of this to be prioritized, given the limited dev resources available and the end goal of maximizing sales.

To me, this is the main problem with console sports gaming. The target market is more ****** and will never care about this stuff. As long as the dev team remains prohibitively small, and maximum profit remains the end goal, these things will be moved down the list in a hurry.

I'd love to see a game with no agenda besides to make the most authentic, in-depth, true-to-life franchise mode experience as is humanly possible. But given the state of video games and the business, I don't think it's going to happen any time soon.

Instead we can expect more fluff and gimmicks with card collecting and game modes that provide an arcade/RPG-like experience.

Last edited by Drew127; 03-05-2016 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:28 AM   #268
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Ramone has said before, and I agree, that defeats the whole purpose of quick counts.
I respect Ramone a great deal, but this is something I do not agree with. How does it defeat the purpose? Like vidgames said, the purpose is to speed up the game, and throwing in 3 or 5 0-0 counts is not defeating anything. In fact, to not have any 0-0 counts is to imply that the batter NEVER puts the first pitch into play. It's not a big deal to me because I don't use quick counts, but I totally fail to see how it defeats the purpose.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:35 PM   #269
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
I respect Ramone a great deal, but this is something I do not agree with. How does it defeat the purpose? Like vidgames said, the purpose is to speed up the game, and throwing in 3 or 5 0-0 counts is not defeating anything. In fact, to not have any 0-0 counts is to imply that the batter NEVER puts the first pitch into play. It's not a big deal to me because I don't use quick counts, but I totally fail to see how it defeats the purpose.
Yea, I have never used quick counts. I guess the purpose of QC is to speed up the game so a 0-0 count goes against that goal. I don't have a strong enough opinion to be on one side or the other.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:49 PM   #270
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Yea, one of the things I've been clamoring for is a training/practice mode in Franchise.

Example: Say Chase Headley is struggling in the field, you might get a popup in the lineup screen saying Chase could use some work in the field, then you have the option of fielding grounders and throwing to first base and based on a scoring system you could get boosts to your fielding stats.
Same thing if a guys is slumping vs. lefties you might get a popup asking to take extra B vs a lefty P, and you get points based on contact and such.

it'd be nice and would help you feel like you have some control over getting a guy out of a slump and what not.
I could see that working in Spring training do a couple of drills and get a small boost for the regular season. During the regular season the drills would get you a small temporary boost.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:33 PM   #271
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Yea, I have never used quick counts. I guess the purpose of QC is to speed up the game so a 0-0 count goes against that goal. I don't have a strong enough opinion to be on one side or the other.
I just don't see how it goes against the goal when we're only talking about maybe 5 give or take for the entire game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2016, 12:48 PM   #272
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
I just don't see how it goes against the goal when we're only talking about maybe 5 give or take for the entire game.
When it's random....as QC's are....it could be 20...could be 30.
There are no set amounts of counts in QC's......(except for the 1-1 pitcher counts...and there is no set AMOUNT of them....just that they will be 1-1 for the pitcher)

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »