Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-04-2016, 06:02 PM   #257
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise Mode

The quick count dispute I still find odd. What would be the harm with allowing a middle ground, sort of like you know, hybrid presentation. Let people choose a hybrid quick count option which allows all counts. I like quick counts in concept, but never being able to put the first pitch in play is odd as its a very frequent occurrence in baseball.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:04 PM   #258
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I wonder if the show developers decided to have the franchise video and twitch stream in March strategically. I mean, they changed how they released the info this year, no longer releasing the entire list at once. Then held all franchise info off until just a few weeks before release. Given the general sense of disappointment surrounding basically smaller additions to Franchise rather than any big, new change, I'm wondering if they possibly held off on discussing it for PR reasons.

Doesn't matter to me. I'm disappointed, but I'll buy the game anyways. I'm a baseball addict with no other options. Just wish they would have been able to make a little more headway in franchise mode, as I think many of us do.

Regarding importing newly added players into an existing franchise, probably one of my biggest pet peeves about MLB The Show, I'm almost certain the dev's said "We're working on that for next year" last year when they were hyping MLB 15. So I'm not exactly believing them when they say the are "working on that for next year" with regards to MLB 17.
I highly, highly doubt this is the case man. In fact I'd bet that they were so pumped developing these new entries. When someone creates something of this ilk they're proud and are pumped to see how happy the users will be because they specifically were asking for such changes.

Unfortunately it's the few that can never be happy with the advancement of the product. Those are the ones that think this stuff up...
Old 03-04-2016, 06:25 PM   #259
Pro

Stolm's Arena

As someone who doesn't really play Franchise at all, I'm alot more interested in putting a team together now that the Morale system is in place.

It will feel more like an actual team of human beings, as opposed to a team of robots with stats, like it's been for so long. I feel like I will become more invested in individual players.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:04 PM   #260
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

I liked everything I saw. Thanks, can't wait.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 03-04-2016, 07:24 PM   #261
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I wonder if the show developers decided to have the franchise video and twitch stream in March strategically. I mean, they changed how they released the info this year, no longer releasing the entire list at once. Then held all franchise info off until just a few weeks before release. Given the general sense of disappointment surrounding basically smaller additions to Franchise rather than any big, new change, I'm wondering if they possibly held off on discussing it for PR reasons.

Doesn't matter to me. I'm disappointed, but I'll buy the game anyways. I'm a baseball addict with no other options. Just wish they would have been able to make a little more headway in franchise mode, as I think many of us do.

Regarding importing newly added players into an existing franchise, probably one of my biggest pet peeves about MLB The Showhttp://www.fox5vegas.com/story/31382334/metro-police-investigate-possible-attempted-kidnapping-at-tarkanian-middle-school, I'm almost certain the dev's said "We're working on that for next year" last year when they were hyping MLB 15. So I'm not exactly believing them when they say the are "working on that for next year"with regards to MLB 17.
No, Ramone said they would look into the possibility of it for next year. It was never set in stone nor was it a guarantee. Ramone stated that last year and flat out said no promises. Big difference.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 03-04-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 10:13 PM   #262
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
I don't think SDS are holding anything back. If bringing online franchise to parity with offline were as simple as flipping a switch, I'm sure we'd have it this year.
I would agree with you... But it's proven that video game or general business companies don't put all their best features in one model. They make more money gradually improving it or adding to the model year to year.

It's not easy to copy and paste something from offline to online, I know this. But even so it is easy to add or incorporate a selection of features. They chose to not attack it at all because it's not good for business to give everything to the consumer in one sitting. Especially, when the product is great (like iPhones)

Look I'm not saying that they did it in scheming way, they do so much for us. I'm just expressing the frustration of many online users out there.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:48 AM   #263
Rookie

Is there a Historical Section in Franchise mode where I can now look up Team Stats, League Leaders, Wins Losses, Standings, Season, Playoff and World Series Box scores from previous seasons?

Basically a Baseball Almanac for all the History I've created thru my Franchise years?
Old 03-05-2016, 10:11 AM   #264
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Somewhat unrelated, I was playing 15 this morning and was thinking of starting up a single season as a MiLB team but I couldn't find this option anywhere. Am I missing something? It's such a simple thing, I always just assumed it was there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »