Home

MLB The Show 16 Thoughts: Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Thoughts: Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-04-2016, 06:46 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Thoughts: Diamond Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Did they mention how the rewards will differ between rated and friends games? I hope they balanced them out of I see a lot of exploiting happening with the play with friends feature. If you can use quick counts and you can also do the captain missions you can get tickets pretty quickly compared to people who play rated.
Ramone said you can get Tickets from play with friends, but its probably very little per game. Im sure they thought of the exploiting aspect with the friends feature. Im not sure you can actually do the Captains Missions with Friends that would make no sense. You cant get stubs or cards i know that.

Last edited by thomas2345; 03-04-2016 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:35 PM   #34
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas2345
Ramone said you can get Tickets from play with friends, but its probably very little per game. Im sure they thought of the exploiting aspect with the friends feature. Im not sure you can actually do the Captains Missions with Friends that would make no sense. You cant get stubs or cards i know that.

Yeah it's just the captains missions and tickets I'm worried about. I'd have to guess that some good stuff will show up in the captain store to get people to use it so people will exploit the game if they can. You can't buy tickets so a lot of people will be looking for ways to gain tickets somehow.

Does anyone know if they explained if everyone will get random stuff in captain store or is it the same for everyone? Since they want people to diversify their teams it might be weird if say everyone goes for the top card in Donadson's store every week/day. We'll end up with similar cards/teams, especially if there are a lot of unique items there. Makes sense to keep them the same for fairness sake, but I hope it's hard to get that stuff so that everyone doesn't get the same cards from the captain stores.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-04-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Yeah it's just the captains missions and tickets I'm worried about. I'd have to guess that some good stuff will show up in the captain store to get people to use it so people will exploit the game if they can. You can't buy tickets so a lot of people will be looking for ways to gain tickets somehow.

Does anyone know if they explained if everyone will get random stuff in captain store or is it the same for everyone? Since they want people to diversify their teams it might be weird if say everyone goes for the top card in Donadson's store every week/day. We'll end up with similar cards/teams, especially if there are a lot of unique items there. Makes sense to keep them the same for fairness sake, but I hope it's hard to get that stuff so that everyone doesn't get the same cards from the captain stores.
Yes everyone will have the same stuff in the captain missions. But the only way to get these is to rank up to that level. The cap level for each captain is 30 so its total 300 thats gonna take a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 04:42 PM   #36
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas2345
Yes everyone will have the same stuff in the captain missions. But the only way to get these is to rank up to that level. The cap level for each captain is 30 so its total 300 thats gonna take a while.

That's fine, but everyone will obviously go for he best cards available. So if a legend shows up everyone will buy that legend in the captain store. I'd rather everyone gets a more random assorted meant of cards so teams you gave end up being more diverse.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:46 PM   #37
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
That's fine, but everyone will obviously go for he best cards available. So if a legend shows up everyone will buy that legend in the captain store. I'd rather everyone gets a more random assorted meant of cards so teams you gave end up being more diverse.
I thought they said it was random?
Old 03-04-2016, 04:52 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
I thought they said it was random?
It is random what comes into each captains store. You can only get these with tickets not stubs. You cant buy tickets either.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:59 PM   #39
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:

It won't be that easy as I am guessing the best players will only be available once you have leveled up your captain high enough. Leveling captains won't be quick (I hope). You wont see a legend card in the captains store that requires you to be level 20 or higher and be able to quickly level that captain up.

The one I just looked up in the diamond dynasty video showed Jeff Bagwell available in the captains store but you have to have the captain at level 20 and the offer of the card expired in under 2 days. Not enough time to level that captain.

I am guessing that it will take an obnoxious amount of playing to get all captains to max level.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:54 PM   #40
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
It won't be that easy as I am guessing the best players will only be available once you have leveled up your captain high enough. Leveling captains won't be quick (I hope). You wont see a legend card in the captains store that requires you to be level 20 or higher and be able to quickly level that captain up.

The one I just looked up in the diamond dynasty video showed Jeff Bagwell available in the captains store but you have to have the captain at level 20 and the offer of the card expired in under 2 days. Not enough time to level that captain.

I am guessing that it will take an obnoxious amount of playing to get all captains to max level.

I hope so. I remember hitting level 20 pretty early last year. Hopefully it'll be harder. I hit the 30 level cap very early on since I played a lot of DD the first few weeks. On the stream it looked like they went from level 5 to 6 pretty easily after one game played with quick counts.

Either way I am seeing ways where teams will look similar like MLB 15 DD which inevitably will happen. I just hope it takes longer this year for that to happen.

For the captains stores I would prefer a little randomness. For example

Level 5: One random silver equipment card
Level 20: One random legend with overall rating between 85-89
Level 50: One random prime card

I'd have it only give a card not in your collection as well.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-04-2016 at 05:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »