Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2016, 04:30 PM   #321
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
It sounds like you can game the system by putting the star in a star slot in the permanent lineup screen and then prior to the game switching him a "non-star" position in the lineup. Juggling lineups rhp & lhp would probably be good enough to a least keep them neutral and not angry. It could be a problem with the pitching staff - I doubt there is more than one "ace" slot.

What could be a problem is progression which appears to be somewhat mercurial.
I wonder what the effect is if you bat a guy in the 3 spot vs RH pitchers, but 7th vs LH for example.

I suppose you could also cheat in a way with relief pitchers, if you have a guy where its very important that he's the official closer, but in the games, you actually use him in a setup role and have someone else close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 04:35 PM   #322
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
that is exactly how it is, Luis said this. he said minor leaguers are not affected by morale until they reach the major league level.
Oh see that makes sense. I thought people were saying that generated players had nothing even when in the big leagues. Like birthplace, role, preferences etc.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:38 PM   #323
Rookie

OVR: 0

What about the prospects or generated players from MLB the show 15, do they have a morale generated for them?

or For example, If My generated players from MLB 15 is in the minors and i have to offer him a contract in free agency, does the morale system affect his signing since hes not on the Big league club?
Old 03-04-2016, 04:51 PM   #324
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
I read somewhere is this thread that morale is only tied to MLB players so no need to worry about all that. I highly doubt morale is customizable seeing as it's just been introduced in this year's iteration...
I know player morale will probably not be customizable but I still am confused about the player morale. They said player morale is for MLB players so does that mean your minor league teams and the players you draft in your franchise don't have player morale until you call them up to the majors?
Old 03-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #325
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Expanded stat tracking is on PS3 as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #326
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I know player morale will probably not be customizable but I still am confused about the player morale. They said player morale is for MLB players so does that mean your minor league teams and the players you draft in your franchise don't have player morale until you call them up to the majors?
I believe it has been said that they do have Morale once they get to your major league team

The part im confused about is, when signing those generated players to contracts, even the ones in the minors to fill out rosters, how does that signing process work, is the morale tied into that aswell? Would a minor league prospect want top Tier coaching staff and Close to home? or do those not apply to them yet?

Also For cary over saves, do even then generated players now have a hometown after you do the carry over?
Old 03-04-2016, 05:04 PM   #327
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_SDS
No. Only his permanent position in the lineup affects morale.
So if Donaldson is batting cleanup on my permanent lineup screen, but I change him to 9th before every game (on the daily lineup screen), his morale will not be affected?
Old 03-04-2016, 05:05 PM   #328
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Expanded stat tracking is on PS3 as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
The features list doesn't specificy it's PS4 only so I believe it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »