Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2016, 03:30 PM   #313
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
To be honest, I can see that creating some potential headaches for the OSFM team, if morale isn't editable. There's no telling what kind of personality you'll get when an edited minor leaguer hits the bigs.

At times like those it's probably best to remember that Franchise is supposed to be your own fictional universe.
I don't think you can change edited players morale but I did notice there was a 'Personality' menu on the edit player menu during one of the streams where they showed off equipment. Was that there last year?
Old 03-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #314
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
I'm interested to see how the morale is gonna work concern the Stars. They said it was primarily based on batting and the 1,3 and 4 holes are considered the star slots. I'm not sure if I really like that. Honestly everything from 1-5 is a primo spot in the order. Hell my favorite guy ever (Ryno) batted a majority of his career in the 2 hole. This was the case during his young prime years 84-85 and then his second prime time '89-92.

I just don't think a guy is gonna get pissed off if he's batting 2nd or 5th. Maddon last year had a fairly stable rotation where Bryant and Rizzo where batting 2 and 3 because Russell was batting 9. This guaranteed these guys got first inning ABs but for the balance of the game they were essentially 3-4 guys.

Also the GM goals got me worried about getting into a situation where you have to win a WS every 3 years to stay with your team. I really have no interest in being another team and I was forced to keep the goals on because I year to year saved from 14 to 15. I'm in my 6th year and have won 2 WS with the Cubs and I'm just scared that if I don't win another one in the next 3 years I'll get booted because that the owners expectations. A GM especially with the Cubs would not lose his job for wining 2 WS in what would be 9 years. I seriously just wish they would implement a way to turn off the GM goals on a continuing franchise.
I completely agree. I was advocating for carry over saves for years and when it was finally implemented I discovered I'm forced into GM mode unless I use 30 team control, neither of which I have any desire to do.

Maybe they have patched it this year.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:37 PM   #315
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
To be honest, I can see that creating some potential headaches for the OSFM team, if morale isn't editable. There's no telling what kind of personality you'll get when an edited minor leaguer hits the bigs.

At times like those it's probably best to remember that Franchise is supposed to be your own fictional universe.
I see your point but your looking at it with too much complexity. It's a simple coding if anything it's not like these guys coming up are crazy and have bad tempers lol. That stuff doesn't exist in the game. In fact I heard Ramone talking about physical interactions in another stream and saying something along the lines of MLB not allowing any kind of that crap in the video game anymore.

If anything morales will just progress or regress based on their OVR ranking. The other things like region are just minor things and really just another option you can use to keeps guys happy if their role is pissing them off...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 03:56 PM   #316
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I don't think you can change edited players morale but I did notice there was a 'Personality' menu on the edit player menu during one of the streams where they showed off equipment. Was that there last year?
Oh **** ya I remember seeing that on the RTTS stream and wondering what that was. I forgot about it until I read this.

Now I'm wondering if morale is customizable through that option...
Old 03-04-2016, 04:02 PM   #317
Rookie

aochaz14's Arena

OVR: 2
Man, SCEA just needs to partner with the crew from OOTP. I don't know that I would ever leave my house again lol.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:13 PM   #318
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm betting morale will be based on overall and potential. May be a randomness to the region.

I don't think it will effect the osfm much. Only thing would be if you give a player an edited contract. ..since some of them would be hugely overpaid...I'm betting they would be happy overall no matter what with a large contract.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited by tabarnes19_SDS; 03-04-2016 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:22 PM   #319
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
I think some are worrying too much over a star player's place in the batting order. Yes moving them up or down in the lineup might negatively affect them a bit but that is just one of many things that affect the player's overall morale. It's not the only thing that will ultimately make them "ecstatic" or "angry". It ties in with the other factors that we saw in the stream.
It sounds like you can game the system by putting the star in a star slot in the permanent lineup screen and then prior to the game switching him a "non-star" position in the lineup. Juggling lineups rhp & lhp would probably be good enough to a least keep them neutral and not angry. It could be a problem with the pitching staff - I doubt there is more than one "ace" slot.

What could be a problem is progression which appears to be somewhat mercurial.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:30 PM   #320
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
I would of liked for them to show in depth the draft and actual player creation and if any changes to draft length? Some examples of send down/call-ups wouldve been nice to see in action
I haven't watched the stream in its entirety yet but this is what I was most looking forward to. Saved myself a couple hours haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »