Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2016, 02:09 PM   #297
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
As an example, if I am giving Donaldson a rest and later I ask him to pinch hit in the game for the number 8 batter and put him in the field. Am I getting angry Donaldson who is going to take a hit or is the logic there for this type of situation?
Not the person you are asking but my thought is this wouldn't affect his morale or rating. It seems like the morale factor is on the front end, as they showed it changed instantly when you switched Donaldson to 8th. I don't believe their ratings change once you start gameplay. I do wonder though if you are resting a guy, so he is on the bench that day, will his rating drop because of that?

I don't believe you'd get a penalty for pinch hitting for the 8th player, but you might for having him had been on the bench. Hopefully if a star player (or any player) is fatigued you can rest them without them suffering an attribute/morale penalty. Like if their fatigue is under a certain level or something.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:10 PM   #298
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_SDS
No. Only his permanent position in the lineup affects morale.
Ok thank you! Just a curiosity question.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:12 PM   #299
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Remember there are five different levels of morale, not just Ecstatic and Angry. If you were to bad Donaldson 2nd or 5th, he would be Satisfied - which is the middle ground. Batting him in the bottom of the order is what he really doesn't like.
Thanks Victor for clarification. I was thinking/hoping that is how it would work. Knowing it does work that way makes me Ecstatic! Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2016, 02:17 PM   #300
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Overall, I think that the changed that have been done/added to the game are positive ones, though not necessarily the ones at the top of my personal list. I think that things like morale and the deeper budgets will have a positive effect on my franchise experience this year. I was definately going to buy this year regardless, because of how pumped I am to play with this Cubs team and with the changes to Wrigley in the game.

However, I'm going to take a wait and see approach with 2017 to see if the Owner Mode features that are most important to me have been reintroduced. If not, I may just continue with the 2016 version for a while. This will be the first edition of the game, ever, where I'm planning on starting the coming season as is within my franchise and playing it out, rather than doing all of the GM team building aspects for several seasons before I have a roster that I'm happy with.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:55 PM   #301
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Remember there are five different levels of morale, not just Ecstatic and Angry. If you were to bad Donaldson 2nd or 5th, he would be Satisfied - which is the middle ground. Batting him in the bottom of the order is what he really doesn't like.
Quote:
Yes - the system understands sample size. The changes applied monthly, and we have a hard minimum of Plate Appearances which you would expect from a platoon/utility guy (who gets about 400 per year).
Quote:
No. Only his permanent position in the lineup affects morale.
Victor, you are a question answering maniac! And you are answering all of these questions with the answers I want to hear, which is even better! Thanks to you and Luis for "keeping your ears to the streets" as it were and listening to the buzz/addressing our concerns about this franchise stream.

No system will be perfect, but these new features appear to be well conceived (especially after giving us a bit more background info) and I look forward to testing them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 03:01 PM   #302
Rookie

rabnothimself's Arena

OVR: 0

I noticed the Phillies warm up caps are wrong when they were scrolling through the Phil's uniforms. They still had last years warm up caps in. I wonder if that's gonna get fixed or if it's final.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:06 PM   #303
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
I read somewhere is this thread that morale is only tied to MLB players so no need to worry about all that. I highly doubt morale is customizable seeing as it's just been introduced in this year's iteration...
So what happens when the created/drafted player reaches the MLB level?
Old 03-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #304
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
So what happens when the created/drafted player reaches the MLB level?
The game is capable of generating a morale profile for every player in a carry-over save, so I'd imagine it'll just create a new one when it needs to for up-and-coming players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »