Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2016, 01:51 PM   #289
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy2212
This is my question as well. In the Donaldson example they showed he got angry when he batted 9th. What happens if he is put in the 2 or 5 hole? Will he be satisfied or will they be angry in any spot other than the "star" spots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Remember there are five different levels of morale, not just Ecstatic and Angry. If you were to bad Donaldson 2nd or 5th, he would be Satisfied - which is the middle ground. Batting him in the bottom of the order is what he really doesn't like.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:53 PM   #290
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_SDS
Remember there are five different levels of morale, not just Ecstatic and Angry. If you were to bad Donaldson 2nd or 5th, he would be Satisfied - which is the middle ground. Batting him in the bottom of the order is what he really doesn't like.
Ahhh very nice. I don't think people picked up on the 5 different levels.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:56 PM   #291
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
As an example, if I am giving Donaldson a rest and later I ask him to pinch hit in the game for the number 8 batter and put him in the field. Am I getting angry Donaldson who is going to take a hit or is the logic there for this type of situation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 01:57 PM   #292
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8
Icon10 Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Sroz39, couldn't have said it better myself. In fact you saved me a lot of typing. It's really annoying reading all the negativity this game is garnering, for absolutely no reason. Who are we to nitpick over things we can't control because A- we don't have the luxury of working for SCEA and B- we don't even have the ability to work for SCEA because we don't have a degree in computer science or whatever else we my need to actually acquire a job at SCEA.

Absolutely over the moon pumped and excited about this years instalment! It finally looks like regression won't be so extreme because older players now have a chance to curb regression in areas of their game that they continue to excel at.

I know some people aren't happy about statistics being related to progression/regression but how else can you best translate this correlation? Statistics are what it's all about. This is how we produce projections for God sakes! And believe what you want to believe but franchise mode is all about projecting. That's where all the fun is. This is a console game and not a PC game. If you want politics and behind the scenes crap we don't see like training to be the force behind getting better than you're looking for the wrong game. Believe it or not but the mind in itself is a major driving force to an player getting better. If he's seeing the results via statistics then he will believe in himself even more and that alone will make him a stronger player because he will train more and improve in more areas! The easiest way to set this up in video game language is to tie it to statistics. Case closed!

Morale is a beautiful addition. Gives me more things to do to try and create the best atmosphere possible. Loved that in MVP, except their fault was the excessive whining over emails and what not we had to see all the time. Doesn't look like we'll see that in this game thankfully!

One thing that worried me was seeing the Marlins budget in 2018 when they attempted to sign someone. Was way to high for the Marlins anyway. I'm hoping budgets don't grow too much. Last year it was so messed up that I didn't end up purchasing the game at all. I never whined about it though...
Old 03-04-2016, 01:59 PM   #293
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Thanks for the reply, Victor. This alleviates some of my concerns, and I understand your point about stats meeting/not meeting different levels of 'expectation' to trigger progression/regression (a 70 CON vLHP expects a higher batting average than a 45 CON vLHP and would drop more upon a poor showing), but I still wonder how many Avi Garcia cases there will really be.

If you (or vicariously, Luis) could follow up about this...does the progression/regression logic have any understanding of sample size? If Avisail Garcia had batted .000 in 2 ABs against lefties, would the penalty be as harsh as it was for batting .132 in 114 ABs? Would he have dropped 10 points anyway? I think most would hate for an injured player or a prospect with decent ratings to get a September callup only to get nailed on ratings at the end of the year if he didn't deliver in a tiny sample.

I suppose that it could always be reversed since ratings are editable, but nobody is going to want to do that! Especially now that I can put my Excel sheet away because the game is tracking stuff for me!
Yes - the system understands sample size. The changes applied monthly, and we have a hard minimum of Plate Appearances which you would expect from a platoon/utility guy (who gets about 400 per year).
Old 03-04-2016, 02:02 PM   #294
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
That's good to hear. Another question, if you can answer, but how adaptive are the roles? Will guys go from Star expectation, to everyday player, to eventually bench player if their ratings decline enough?

I'm assuming these roles are based on ratings, so I would hope so.

Watch me play video games
Old 03-04-2016, 02:02 PM   #295
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I think the negativity will dwindle down a little. Right now guys are a bit emotional over the lack of online franchise improvements. I definitely understand their POV and I hope they get what they want one day.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 02:02 PM   #296
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
As an example, if I am giving Donaldson a rest and later I ask him to pinch hit in the game for the number 8 batter and put him in the field. Am I getting angry Donaldson who is going to take a hit or is the logic there for this type of situation?
No. Only his permanent position in the lineup affects morale.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »